+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My experience with India PCC

Onpoint

Star Member
Sep 14, 2017
I live in Bangalore and getting my India PCC was a very simple process.

1. Go thru http://www.passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/online/pccOnlineApp
2. Register yourself and take an appointment. Mine was at PSK, Lalbagh.
3. Print out the Application Receipt. You will also need photocopy of the first two and last two pages of the passport, and an address proof. You need to self attest all these documents.
4. Show up at the appointed date & time with all the required documents and look for the Batch No displayed at one of the windows outside. Your batch number is printed on your application receipt. There will be a security personnel by the chairs outside who will verify your documents. You can only enter the building when they call your batch number and when your documents have been checked by the security personnel.
5. Once your batch is called, clear security check and buy the PCC form for 1/- by the photocopiers.
6. Fill out the form and stand in line for the token number.
7. Enter the main office once you get the token number. Watch the TV screens for your token number.
8. Go to the specific counter when your token number is displayed on the screen. You'll need to go to A counter, the B counter, then C counter when called.
9. At the C counter, they'll send you to another counter to get the PCC printed. Once you get the PCC take it back to the C counter to get the stamp ans signature.

That's it. The entire process should take 2 hours max.
One thing to note is that the PCC will have the same details as your passport. So if anything needs to be changed, you should get a new passport and then apply for a PCC.

Good Luck!

Last edited:

G.immigrate

Aug 25, 2017
Hi
Thankyou for the information. I am in same phase. Did you also go for PCC by commissioner of police at Bangalore, Infantry Road?

rockytg

Apr 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Jan-2016
Doc's Request.
22-Apr-2016, Additional Doc Request 13-July-2016
Nomination.....
29-July-2016
AOR Received.
31-Aug-2016
Med's Done....
22 August, further tests 18 Sep, 11 Oct Meds passed
Passport Req..
06-Mar-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 2017
LANDED..........
Jun 2017
Was your passport recently issued?
Why I am asking this is I had to through an additional step of police verification as my passport (no change in address) was issued more than 2 years back from the date of application of PCC.

Onpoint

Star Member
Sep 14, 2017
Hi
Thankyou for the information. I am in same phase. Did you also go for PCC by commissioner of police at Bangalore, Infantry Road?
You don't need to go to the commissioner's office for the PCC. Take an appointment at the Passport Seva Kendra and follow the steps mentioned in my post.

Onpoint

Star Member
Sep 14, 2017
Was your passport recently issued?
Why I am asking this is I had to through an additional step of police verification as my passport (no change in address) was issued more than 2 years back from the date of application of PCC.
Hmm, not sure why they're doing a police verification again for you. My passport was issued 5 years back, so it's not new.

rockytg

Apr 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Jan-2016
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
29-July-2016
AOR Received.
31-Aug-2016
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
06-Mar-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 2017
LANDED..........
Jun 2017
Hmm, not sure why they're doing a police verification again for you. My passport was issued 5 years back, so it's not new.
Ok.
I had applied for PCC a year and a half back in Delhi, could be the process has changed.

G.immigrate

Aug 25, 2017
You don't need to go to the commissioner's office for the PCC. Take an appointment at the Passport Seva Kendra and follow the steps mentioned in my post.
I was told that PCC is issued in black and white and that is not accepted by CIC hence one would need PCC from comissioner of police as well. Is that the case?

spso

Star Member
Dec 29, 2017
I was told that PCC is issued in black and white and that is not accepted by CIC hence one would need PCC from comissioner of police as well. Is that the case?
You need to get it from PSK only. It is black and white but the stamp and sign on it by the official at PSK is in color. I submitted the same and have received my PPR.

spso

Star Member
Dec 29, 2017
Ok.
I had applied for PCC a year and a half back in Delhi, could be the process has changed.
If the current residential address and the address on the passport are different, then police verification takes place.

rockytg

Apr 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Jan-2016
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
29-July-2016
AOR Received.
31-Aug-2016
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
06-Mar-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 2017
LANDED..........
Jun 2017
If the current residential address and the address on the passport are different, then police verification takes place.
My case it was same.

Onpoint

Star Member
Sep 14, 2017
Could be on a case to case basis. My address in passport and my current address are different but they didn't do a police verification. I provided BSNL bill as my current address proof. :confused:

spso

Star Member
Dec 29, 2017
Yup seems to be on case basis then. I was told at PSK that police verification is done when either the address on passport and residential address are different or if the passport is issued prior to 2012 or 13. But that does not seem to be the case. Anyway, in either case it does not take as long as getting a PCC from US which is a painful process :D

Vivu

Feb 20, 2018
Yup seems to be on case basis then. I was told at PSK that police verification is done when either the address on passport and residential address are different or if the passport is issued prior to 2012 or 13. But that does not seem to be the case. Anyway, in either case it does not take as long as getting a PCC from US which is a painful process :D
Hey
I am in USA. Will apply for PCC in few days. My wife's address in passport is of the rented apt in Ghaziabad where we used to live before moving to USA. And now we will be giving her parent's permanent address in the application form , so will it be a problem in this case. Any idea how long will it take to get PCC. Her passport was issued in 2016

Onpoint

Star Member
Sep 14, 2017
Hey
I am in USA. Will apply for PCC in few days. My wife's address in passport is of the rented apt in Ghaziabad where we used to live before moving to USA. And now we will be giving her parent's permanent address in the application form , so will it be a problem in this case. Any idea how long will it take to get PCC. Her passport was issued in 2016
As long as she has some sort of address proof with her name on her parent's address, it shouldn't be an issue I believe.

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Hey
Where was the passport issued? If there is a need for the police verification, then it may take a while.