+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My Experience.....Part 3

omsai_786

Dec 1, 2014
Hello friends,

Here is the final part of my story.

Part III (My experience after landing till now):

In my first part I wrote about my experience from application to getting the visa and in the second part I explained about my journey from Delhi to Toronto.

In this part I will write about my experiences till now after landing.

I must say that whatever happened to us during the journey was kind of blessing in disguise and it made us stronger and gave us courage to take up any challenge. After the horrible journey, it took my daughter about a week to 10 days` time to fully recover. We were at my uncle’s (relative) house in Mississauga for about 10 days and then moved to our own accommodation which was a basement, just a few houses away from my uncle’s house. It was in the prime location of Mississauga. The basement was not that good but was okay to start with. Later on we moved to another basement which is very good.

After few days, I got a job in a factory as a laborer which was a very hard job but I was mentally prepared for that and I knew that I will have to start with such jobs, so I gave my best to that job and never got frustrated. My supervisor was very happy with me. It was a very good feeling that I have started to earn. At least I was earning something and my savings were not depleting fast. I did this job for 4 months and then got a home-based typing job which I did for 3 months. Luckily after some time, I got a good job in a doctor’s office as medical assistant, and till now I am still working there. I am very happy and satisfied with this job and I am now planning to educate myself and make a career in the same field.
My wife started looking for job only after 5 months as my daughter was very young and we could not afford the daycare. Then in December, we decided to put her in daycare so that my wife could go for interviews. She started searching by uploading her profile in LinkedIn. She had lot of experience in IT training. The very second day after putting up her profile in LinkedIn she got an interview call from a local IT training institute, and she got the job, decent pay, decent timings. After about three weeks, she got another call from a consultant of a big IT company. After 5 rounds of interviews (technical and HR rounds), she got the job. Double salary, all the benefits, timing flexibility. It was really unbelievable. She resigned from the teaching job and joined the IT company. Within few months our financial position became very good. She is still working in that company.

As for my daughter, she is enjoying her daycare, has made lot of friends. She is very happy and cheerful.

My only frustrating moments were when I was repeatedly failing my driving tests. Over here, without driving you cannot survive in this place. I wasted lot of money on this, and it was getting very difficult to move around in winter without a car. Last year’s winters were ruthless. I had to walk all the way to do grocery. I failed 3 times in driving test. It was really very tough. Every time during the test I got so nervous and did some dangerous actions and failed. But finally I passed in 4th attempt. Getting a driving license here is an achievement in itself. I bought a used Honda Civic. It is a good car, still using it, planning to change sometime in April.

It’s really a pleasure to drive here. Traffic is so well organized, highways are very good and smooth running, everybody driving a vehicle is so well trained, obey the laws, respect the pedestrians and drive safely. Of course, there are some people out there who do break the rules.

Winters are very rough here. There are 4 months full of disaster in winters.

Overall, my experience after landing has been good so far. I thank God for always being with us and helping us in the difficult situations.

Well friends...that’s the end of my story for now. Let’s see what the future has in store for us.

Thanks a lot for reading.

If I can be of any help to any of you please PM me.

God bless you all.

kkankal

Oct 2, 2010
Omsai,

Really enjoyed reading your posts.

Thanks for sharing your experiences.

Best Wishes.

Mail4abid

Star Member
Jun 15, 2014
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
omsai_786 said:
Hello friends,

In my first part I wrote about my experience from application to getting the visa and in the second part I explained about my journey from Delhi to Toronto.

I must say that whatever happened to us during the journey was kind of blessing in disguise and it made us stronger and gave us courage to take up any challenge. After the horrible journey, it took my daughter about a week to 10 days` time to fully recover. We were at my uncle's (relative) house in Mississauga for about 10 days and then moved to our own accommodation which was a basement, just a few houses away from my uncle's house. It was in the prime location of Mississauga. The basement was not that good but was okay to start with. Later on we moved to another basement which is very good.

After few days, I got a job in a factory as a laborer which was a very hard job but I was mentally prepared for that and I knew that I will have to start with such jobs, so I gave my best to that job and never got frustrated. My supervisor was very happy with me. It was a very good feeling that I have started to earn. At least I was earning something and my savings were not depleting fast. I did this job for 4 months and then got a home-based typing job which I did for 3 months. Luckily after some time, I got a good job in a doctor's office as medical assistant, and till now I am still working there. I am very happy and satisfied with this job and I am now planning to educate myself and make a career in the same field.
My wife started looking for job only after 5 months as my daughter was very young and we could not afford the daycare. Then in December, we decided to put her in daycare so that my wife could go for interviews. She started searching by uploading her profile in LinkedIn. She had lot of experience in IT training. The very second day after putting up her profile in LinkedIn she got an interview call from a local IT training institute, and she got the job, decent pay, decent timings. After about three weeks, she got another call from a consultant of a big IT company. After 5 rounds of interviews (technical and HR rounds), she got the job. Double salary, all the benefits, timing flexibility. It was really unbelievable. She resigned from the teaching job and joined the IT company. Within few months our financial position became very good. She is still working in that company.

As for my daughter, she is enjoying her daycare, has made lot of friends. She is very happy and cheerful.

My only frustrating moments were when I was repeatedly failing my driving tests. Over here, without driving you cannot survive in this place. I wasted lot of money on this, and it was getting very difficult to move around in winter without a car. Last year's winters were ruthless. I had to walk all the way to do grocery. I failed 3 times in driving test. It was really very tough. Every time during the test I got so nervous and did some dangerous actions and failed. But finally I passed in 4th attempt. Getting a driving license here is an achievement in itself. I bought a used Honda Civic. It is a good car, still using it, planning to change sometime in April.

It's really a pleasure to drive here. Traffic is so well organized, highways are very good and smooth running, everybody driving a vehicle is so well trained, obey the laws, respect the pedestrians and drive safely. Of course, there are some people out there who do break the rules.

Overall, my experience after landing has been good so far. I thank God for always being with us and helping us in the difficult situations.

Well friends...that's the end of my story for now. Let's see what the future has in store for us.

God bless you all.
Osmai, thanks for sharing!! And best of luck!!

Misha123

Star Member
Apr 30, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2014
Nomination.....
24-Jun-2014
AOR Received.
25-Aug-2014
Med's Request
24-Oct-2014
Passport Req..
24-Oct-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-Nov-2014
Thank you so much for sharing your experience in so much detail. It's great to know you and your family are doing well now. God bless.

omsai_786 said:
Hello friends,

I must say that whatever happened to us during the journey was kind of blessing in disguise and it made us stronger and gave us courage to take up any challenge. After the horrible journey, it took my daughter about a week to 10 days` time to fully recover. We were at my uncle's (relative) house in Mississauga for about 10 days and then moved to our own accommodation which was a basement, just a few houses away from my uncle's house. It was in the prime location of Mississauga. The basement was not that good but was okay to start with. Later on we moved to another basement which is very good.

After few days, I got a job in a factory as a laborer which was a very hard job but I was mentally prepared for that and I knew that I will have to start with such jobs, so I gave my best to that job and never got frustrated. My supervisor was very happy with me. It was a very good feeling that I have started to earn. At least I was earning something and my savings were not depleting fast. I did this job for 4 months and then got a home-based typing job which I did for 3 months. Luckily after some time, I got a good job in a doctor's office as medical assistant, and till now I am still working there. I am very happy and satisfied with this job and I am now planning to educate myself and make a career in the same field.

My only frustrating moments were when I was repeatedly failing my driving tests. Over here, without driving you cannot survive in this place. I wasted lot of money on this, and it was getting very difficult to move around in winter without a car. Last year's winters were ruthless. I had to walk all the way to do grocery. I failed 3 times in driving test. It was really very tough. Every time during the test I got so nervous and did some dangerous actions and failed. But finally I passed in 4th attempt. Getting a driving license here is an achievement in itself. I bought a used Honda Civic. It is a good car, still using it, planning to change sometime in April.

It's really a pleasure to drive here. Traffic is so well organized, highways are very good and smooth running, everybody driving a vehicle is so well trained, obey the laws, respect the pedestrians and drive safely. Of course, there are some people out there who do break the rules.

Well friends...that's the end of my story for now. Let's see what the future has in store for us.

God bless you all.

v_i_r_u_s

May 9, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
Nomination.....
11-08-2014
AOR Received.
18-09-2014
File Transfer...
18-09-2014
Med's Request
02-03-2015
Med's Done....
05-03-2015
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
07-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2015
LANDED..........
25-10-2015
Good to know that u r in good shape after all the hectic experience..May Allah bless u all :)

fakenoob

Sep 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi Changed to Colombo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17 Nov 2014
Doc's Request.
CC Charge 14 Jan 2015
Nomination.....
PER 5 Feb 2015
AOR Received.
19 March 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with the app
File Transfer...
19 March 2015
Med's Request
11 May 2015
Med's Done....
15 May 2015
Interview........
Waived Expected
Passport Req..
June-2015 Expected
VISA ISSUED...
July-2015 Expected
LANDED..........
Visiting in Oct-15 ,immigrating in April 2016 Planned
omsai_786 said:
Hello friends,

God bless you all.
nice to know the happy ending to your story. could you tell us your skill NOC and your wife's and if you have got a good job in your nominated NOC

omsai_786

Dec 1, 2014
fakenoob said:
nice to know the happy ending to your story. could you tell us your skill NOC and your wife's and if you have got a good job in your nominated NOC
Hi fakenoob.

In my case my wife was primary applicant. Her skill NOC is 4131. She certainly got a job in her NOC. As for myself, I was working in my home country as a manger in a BPO company. I have never bothered about my NOC. I knew I have to change my career and I wanted to get into a new field. And I chose healthcare as my new career and I have got a job in this field, thanks to one of my doctor friend who got me into this field. Now I am studying to become a medical technician.

helena21

Sep 12, 2014
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm so happy things ended up so well after the difficult journey you had. It's really reassuring to read this.

Thanks for sharing your experience with us and giving us hope!!!

aazhar

Oct 26, 2011
PAKISTAN
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20 oct 2014
Doc's Request.
24 11 2015
Nomination.....
21 jan 2015 per
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
19 aug 2015 slu
Med's Request
01-01-2016 postposd due to wife Pregnancy
Med's Done....
medical done 29-03-2017
Interview........
waved
Passport Req..
09-may -2017
VISA ISSUED...
29/05/2017
LANDED..........
INSH ALLAH in 2018
thanks a lot for writing in detail about ur journey n all

Liss

Star Member
Feb 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2014
Doc's Request.
02-09-2015
Nomination.....
09-01-2015
AOR Received.
09-01-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
09-01-2015
Med's Request
21-09-2015
Med's Done....
29-09-2015
Passport Req..
30-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
Your story is an inspiration to many....Thanks a lot for sharing.

onyiiyke

Jul 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-09-2014
IELTS Request
18-09-2014 (SENT WITH APPLICATION)
omsai_786 said:
Hello friends,

God bless you all.
Quite inspirational...

summer69

Nov 27, 2014
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2014
AOR Received.
15-12-2014
Thank you for sharing your wonderful and memorable experience. I was waiting for this part since last week and I'm happy that you made the last part. A story like this can touch people's lives and reminds us the old saying "No pain, No gain!"

Keep it up Omsai!..