+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My Experience of getting PCC from Chandigarh, India

Silvi6

Jan 17, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hi All,

I just wanted to share my experience of getting PCC from Chandigarh, India Passport Office.

I have taken PCC twice from Chandigarh Passport.

1) First Time For Australia.

I applied in the month of December 2014(25). Took the appointment and paid fees online. Went to Passport office, they didnt check any document except my Passport and its photocopy. They also
didn't give PCC on same day instead raised a Police Verification which was done in next 2 days only. In total 15-20 days they completed all things and PCC was ready by 11th Jan 2015. I collected it
on 16th Jan 2015. On PCC, issuance date was 15th only because they will print it on same day when you will go to collect it. They will also mention it on Passport.

2) Second time for Canada

First, I booked an appointment and paid fees online. Then I realised that if they again go for Police Verification than it may take more time. So I filled one more application without paying fee and
went for Walkin just a week before my actual appointment.
So I was having two applications one with paid fees and appointment date and other without paying fee and no appointment date.
Remember, for walkin you dont have to pay the fee, its a requirement.
After I went to Passport office I enquired about my other application(paid fee) and they didnt take the fee and gave me the token on my booked appointment application which was actually one week
later.(I was thinking they will charge it again)

All went well and I received the PCC on same day, I dont know whats the criteria of getting the PCC on same day even the staff
was not aware of this. On token issuing counter, I was told that you will get to know whether you will get PCC today or not after going inside. At counter A, I asked again, he said, if applying in 6
months or 1 year of passport issuance, you get it on same day. And at last counter(C), the officer gave it on the spot after checking that I had received it on 15 Jan.

So it depends upon the Officer at the last counter, Because my passport was issued 4 years back and last PCC was issued almost
7 months back.

Thanks
Silvi

home1305

Apr 22, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanx a lot for sharing ur experience.. m under the similar process of getting a pcc ...So,In dec-jan it took a total of 15 days from the day of ur apppointment at Chd RPO and till u recieved a msg / mail regarding collection of pcc ..Am i right ?

Silvi6

Jan 17, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
home1305 said:
Thanx a lot for sharing ur experience.. m under the similar process of getting a pcc ...So,In dec-jan it took a total of 15 days from the day of ur apppointment at Chd RPO and till u recieved a msg / mail regarding collection of pcc ..Am i right ?
Yes. Right.

jaalaman

Aug 26, 2020
Hi All,

I wanted to share my experience of applying for PCC at Chandigarh PSK. I have received my ITA and went to get my PCC just today.

I went to the Chandigarh PSK (PLOT NO-50, ADARSH LIFESTYLE MALL,INDUSTRIAL AREA PHASE II, CHANDIGARH). Given the current pandemic, there were some social distancing and sanitization rules being followed -
a) When you enter the building gate at your reporting time, the security guard checks for your body temperature (when waiting outside the gate, make sure to stand in the shade and not in the sun as that might cause you to report a higher body temp. )
b) The guard also asks you if you are carrying a sanitizer and have the Aarogya Setu app installed on your phone. If not, you have to do both these things before you are allowed entry.

The entry process went really smooth for me, and I was able to enter the 1st floor quickly (where the documents were being scanned by officials).

Some background on my application - My current address (Panchkula, closest PSK - Chandigarh) is different from the passport address (Hyderabad). I was carrying the voter ID card for current address proof.

I was asked to go to counter number 3 (only 2 counters were working, counter number 2 and 3) and the lady official at that counter saw my documents and said that for PCC, the passport address should be same as the current address. At first, I was baffled to hear this. And then she said that I would need to apply for address change on my passport. And after I get the new passport with the current address, I have to come for PCC again. She said that I could re-schedule my current appointment for PCC when I get new passport (meaning the Rs. 500 I paid for current PCC would not be wasted, which was not much consolation really).

I told the lady that I have the voter ID (both original and photocopy) which is the accepted address proof if the current address doesn't match the passport address (mentioned on passport india website clearly - https://portal2.passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/docAdvisorSecure/pccPassport). But she just refused to accept my documents.

After the lady refused to accept my documents, I came home and called the passport helpline(1800-258-1800) and asked them what documents are needed for PCC. And the customer care representative also said the same thing - Voter ID is accepted as proof of address in my case.

I don't know why that official behaved like this but it was the most terrible experience I have had with the Indian bureaucracy. I don't want to do what that official mentioned and get a new passport with current address, because it would cost me much more time, money and effort (passport address change is treated same as passport re-issue ).

Did any of you face anything similar, maybe in Chandigarh or some other city? If yes, it would be immensely helpful if you could share your experience. Because I don't want to go there again and get my documents rejected the second time for no good reason.

Any general advice is also welcome.

Edit : I have raised a complaint against that official on passport India website (https://portal1.passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/ccgm/ServiceRequestHomeAction) and hope things would change for the better.

Last edited:

felicialiu

Oct 20, 2019
Hi All,

I wanted to share my experience of applying for PCC at Chandigarh PSK. I have received my ITA and went to get my PCC just today.

I went to the Chandigarh PSK (PLOT NO-50, ADARSH LIFESTYLE MALL,INDUSTRIAL AREA PHASE II, CHANDIGARH). Given the current pandemic, there were some social distancing and sanitization rules being followed -
a) When you enter the building gate at your reporting time, the security guard checks for your body temperature (when waiting outside the gate, make sure to stand in the shade and not in the sun as that might cause you to report a higher body temp. )
b) The guard also asks you if you are carrying a sanitizer and have the Aarogya Setu app installed on your phone. If not, you have to do both these things before you are allowed entry.

The entry process went really smooth for me, and I was able to enter the 1st floor quickly (where the documents were being scanned by officials).

Some background on my application - My current address (Panchkula, closest PSK - Chandigarh) is different from the passport address (Hyderabad). I was carrying the voter ID card for current address proof.

I was asked to go to counter number 3 (only 2 counters were working, counter number 2 and 3) and the lady official at that counter saw my documents and said that for PCC, the passport address should be same as the current address. At first, I was baffled to hear this. And then she said that I would need to apply for address change on my passport. And after I get the new passport with the current address, I have to come for PCC again. She said that I could re-schedule my current appointment for PCC when I get new passport (meaning the Rs. 500 I paid for current PCC would not be wasted, which was not much consolation really).

I told the lady that I have the voter ID (both original and photocopy) which is the accepted address proof if the current address doesn't match the passport address (mentioned on passport india website clearly - https://portal2.passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/docAdvisorSecure/pccPassport). But she just refused to accept my documents.

After the lady refused to accept my documents, I came home and called the passport helpline(1800-258-1800) and asked them what documents are needed for PCC. And the customer care representative also said the same thing - Voter ID is accepted as proof of address in my case.

I don't know why that official behaved like this but it was the most terrible experience I have had with the Indian bureaucracy. I don't want to do what that official mentioned and get a new passport with current address, because it would cost me much more time, money and effort (passport address change is treated same as passport re-issue ).

Did any of you face anything similar, maybe in Chandigarh or some other city? If yes, it would be immensely helpful if you could share your experience. Because I don't want to go there again and get my documents rejected the second time for no good reason.

Any general advice is also welcome.

Edit : I have raised a complaint against that official on passport India website (https://portal1.passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/ccgm/ServiceRequestHomeAction) and hope things would change for the better.
Nope. My passport address is also different. U just have to show that you've been living in the area for quite a while. Like ur electricity bill/phone bill to prove that u have been staying there. If those bills does not come under ur name, u can ask the person in whose name those bills come to write a letter stating that u have been living there for so and so long. U absolutely do not req to change the address in ur passport. Also u could get it done from passport office directly. You'll get pcc within a day or two

jaalaman

Aug 26, 2020
Yeah, no one I know had any issues with difference in current address and passport address either. But that lady kept saying that there has been a rule change since last few days (sounds fishy).

I have to go to the PSK only because Chandigarh RPO doesn't do PCC.

I think I will take the other document that you mentioned. And try my luck again. Thanks!

Will keep everyone here posted on how things go.

felicialiu

Oct 20, 2019
Yeah, no one I know had any issues with difference in current address and passport address either. But that lady kept saying that there has been a rule change since last few days (sounds fishy).

I have to go to the PSK only because Chandigarh RPO doesn't do PCC.

I think I will take the other document that you mentioned. And try my luck again. Thanks!

Will keep everyone here posted on how things go.
Well good luck. Take everything with u. Passport, adhar card, pan card, photos, phone bill, electricity bill, Bank passbook if the address is same as where u r living. Get Xerox copies too. Letter from landlord too if possible. Reason why u need pcc. Everything will be fine.

jaalaman

Aug 26, 2020
Hi All,

I contacted the regional passport officer of Chandigarh Sibash Kabiraj, on his mobile number (found here - https://www.tribuneindia.com/news/archive/chandigarh/new-rpo-has-his-task-cut-out-466226 ) and it appears that the rules have changed recently, atleast for Chandigarh RPO. So now, PCC would be provided only for the address mentioned in the passport. Basically, it means your current address has to be same as the passport address.

Last edited:

qwertyur

Aug 1, 2018
I am PR candidate qualified for both FSW and CEC. Got an ITA while I was in Canada, submitted all the documents except PCC for which I only uploaded the empty form just to complete my application so that I can get an AOR because I was in a rush to travel to India. Now, IRCC emailed me asking for the PCC, so my question is can I file for PCC from inside India or I have to go back to Canada and then file for PCC?