+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My Experience: In-Person Visa Collection in Buffalo and Landing

dony h

Nov 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Suin: You were referring to a temporary resident visa while Karl was giving a lengthy account of getting his permant resident visa stamped on his passport; it was all much to do about nothing. He could simply follow the rule of law without wasting an already under-staffed human resource of CIC. Both of a TRV and a PRV was normally required at the border town for a person to enter Canada and in the case of Karl, he was already living in Canada under a different visa. Why both to follow such a useless ritual to "re-enter" or "to be landed" as an immigrant?

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Dony H,

Suin was referring to her experience, not mine. She was doing what is commonly referred to as "sharing," which is a part of "socializing," a healthy and normal way to behave. You should try looking those words up, Dony H; perhaps Wikipedia will offer useful information if you are not proficient in the use of a dictionary. ;)

No, a TRV was never required for me, as I am a Swedish citizen.

I did follow the rule of law, which is why I did receive a visa and was granted Permanent Residence. You simply have no clue what the law is.

Inland processing centres are much more severely overworked than outland visa posts, so I actually contributed to resource preservation at the CIC. No compensation is necessary; your sincere appreciation and thanks will suffice.

Lastly, the rule of law that you like to refer to requires you to land to be granted Permanent Resident status. If you consider this a "useless ritual," please write to your MP and ask him to change the law instead of insulting us on this forum.

I've asked you twice already in other threads, so perhaps the third time will be the charm: will you please stop posting useless and factually incorrect posts, and go study basic immigration law so you can actually contribute something to the forum?

If not, perhaps you should simply stop posting. We would all appreciate it.

Thank you!

dony h said:
Suin: You were referring to a temporary resident visa while Karl was giving a lengthy account of getting his permant resident visa stamped on his passport; it was all much to do about nothing. He could simply follow the rule of law without wasting an already under-staffed human resource of CIC. Both of a TRV and a PRV was normally required at the border town for a person to enter Canada and in the case of Karl, he was already living in Canada under a different visa. Why both to follow such a useless ritual to "re-enter" or "to be landed" as an immigrant?

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am glad to hear that you find my advice professional enough to have come from an immigration consultant.

Yours, unfortunately, betrays your lack of even basic self-study on the subject.

dony h said:
Who are you? Are you an immigration consultant? Gosh!

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
that's a rule that was set not by us. I was on TRV in Canada before I got COPR with visa in my passport. as my application was done outland, I was supposed to go out of Canada and land in Canada to activate my PR, so I had no option than to drive to the border and re-enter Canada again. we just cannot fight with immigration rules and why not to do what they require if it doesn't make any trouble to me.

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Don't worry, Suin. Dony H doesn't understand immigration rules at all, which is why he keeps posting nonsense. He doesn't even understand what landing is or why it's done (and in fact legally required).

Suin said:
that's a rule that was set not by us. I was on TRV in Canada before I got COPR with visa in my passport. as my application was done outland, I was supposed to go out of Canada and land in Canada to activate my PR, so I had no option than to drive to the border and re-enter Canada again. we just cannot fight with immigration rules and why not to do what they require if it doesn't make any trouble to me.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
thank you for your reply, Karlshammar. unfortunately not all people understand the process correctly.

dony h

Nov 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Karlshammar said:
I am glad to hear that you find my advice professional enough to have come from an immigration consultant.

Yours, unfortunately, betrays your lack of even basic self-study on the subject.
To Karl: Far from being professional; your story was based on your speculation on what seemed to have worked for the wrong reason.

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, but you believe that you cannot apply outland if you are in Canada, and that landing is some obscure ritual, while the law explicitly allows outland applications while you are in Canada and landing is a specific legal requirement.

(By the way, both of those things were originally told to me by my immigration lawyer, a former IRB body member.)

Your opinion is not given much weight on this forum by me or anyone else... And in this case you didn't even manage to bring up a single concrete example. I'd advice against posting further as you make yourself appear more foolish by the post.

dony h said:
To Karl: Far from being professional; your story was based on your speculation on what seemed to have worked for the wrong reason.

tgchi13

Nov 25, 2009
Ontario Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NY via Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 08
File Transfer...
05 August 08
Med's Request
April 08
Med's Done....
June 08
Interview........
12 Nov 09
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
refused Nov 09
The only thing missing from this lovely forum is that we can add people to a buddy list but not to a block list. There is enough to read here that is worthwhile without having irrelevant posts by irrelevant posters complicating already complicated matters.

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Agreed! I would love a block list...

Also a way to report individual users in addition to our ability to report individual posts.

tgchi13 said:
The only thing missing from this lovely forum is that we can add people to a buddy list but not to a block list. There is enough to read here that is worthwhile without having irrelevant posts by irrelevant posters complicating already complicated matters.

dony h

Nov 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Karlshammar said:
Yes, but you believe that you cannot apply outland if you are in Canada, and that landing is some obscure ritual, while the law explicitly allows outland applications while you are in Canada and landing is a specific legal requirement.

[/quote

I did not say you cannot apply outland; I simply said that to apply outland is an option frequently abused and misunderstood by people like yourself.

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I see. Please tell me how it is abused and misunderstood. I certainly haven't abused it, nor have I misunderstood it. And I'd say the same of pretty much everyone here.

It would be most appreciated if instead of speaking in vague generalities you'd provide some concrete and specific examples of the points you are trying to make.

sachin12584

May 17, 2017
Can any one provide me suggestion on my below query .
i have some more queries .
1 Is there any minimum salary requirement for primary applicant to file the application .
2. once we will get PR and will move to Canada only secondary applicant want to work and primary applicant want to be take care of house hold things like in my case my wife is primary applicant , and once we will move to Canada i will continue in job and my wife will take some break , will it ok to process further for citizenship .