Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
A
HI friends
I am sharing this experience to provide some positivity to people whose student visa was refused.
I am already in Canada, working on a PGWP. My girlfriend who resides in India also applied for a student visa few days ago, she is intelligent and well educated person, still I referred her to a consultant. After few days of paperwork, she applied for a visa and we were shocked afterwards that the consultant lady had made several errors in the application.
Unfortunately the visa was refused after 3 days, maybe the errors made by consultant were not the real reason but we were still not happy with their unprofessional work. The visa was refused stating 1.the studies do not match and 2. purpose of visit. Now again we were confused and depressed, i was not able to understand the SPP and non SPP properly. People usually tell non SPP requires more documentation and takes time etc. I also made some posts in the forum after the refusal ( all people here are really helpful :) )
By this time we had made up our mind to not take help of any consultant since everyone in Canada usually applies visa themselves, and those consultants are just robots who are taught to do a standard process each time.
We were confident on our reasoning and wrote a detailed letter to the Visa officer stating the choice of course and future perspectives, and added a little bit more information about her education and family income, not very detailed about the income since I felt funds were never the concern for VO.

We again applied for study visa and waited patiently, on the 6th day of applying the visa (out of which two days were non working) she got original passport request in MyCIC account which usually means an approved visa. We were so happy with the outcome since we can be together :)

I really dont understand why people say SPP visa can be applied only once a term, change the course, this that and a lot more bullshit. I mean its just a student visa whichever way you apply it. A GIC is a proof of funds, you can show it in SPP or non SPP profile dosent matter.
When you re-apply the visa just look for the reason for which Visa officer has refused and try to justify to him as best as you can. and if you are true the visa will be approved, VOs are also humans just like you and me.
So I would like to say just work hard by yourself, prepare your SOP as per your personal thoughts and plans, dont copy or plagiarize stuff and trust your instincts. Dont take too much bullshit from edcuational consultants, they just do what they have been taught to do, no less and no more.

All the best to everyone :)

Sapphire!

Star Member
Aug 5, 2014
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2014
IELTS Request
7.5(L-8.5,R-8.5,W-6.5,S-7)
File Transfer...
02-12-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
22-10-2014
Interview........
na
Passport Req..
Submitted with file
VISA ISSUED...
12-12-2014
LANDED..........
02-01-2015
That's a really great information. You just need to be confident in yourself. I agree with you, these consultants have no expertise.

Gymguy

Jul 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2016
LANDED..........
July End
Congrats and thanks for sharing your experience. One's experience and sharing it helps
prospective applicants a lot. I have lot of respect for people like you who give back to the
forum this way.

One piece of correction though : I really dont understand why people say SPP visa can be applied only once
People don't say bullshit it's the guideline from CIC and it's true.

Cheers.

Ankita Rao

Oct 5, 2016
New Delhi, India
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Gymguy said:
Congrats and thanks for sharing your experience. One's experience and sharing it helps
prospective applicants a lot. I have lot of respect for people like you who give back to the
forum this way.

One piece of correction though : I really dont understand why people say SPP visa can be applied only once
People don't say bullshit it's the guideline from CIC and it's true.

Cheers.

hey can u tell me the basic difference of a SPP and NON SPP application apart from documentation and stuff. What is the student losing! Pros of SPP and cons of non SPP ?

Gymguy

Jul 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2016
LANDED..........
July End
Ankita Rao said:
hey can u tell me the basic difference of a SPP and NON SPP application apart from documentation and stuff. What is the student losing! Pros of SPP and cons of non SPP ?
SPP/Non- SPP or Generic are just classification. The forms are same for both, the only difference is less documentation for SPP and detailed one for Generic. Faster processing for SPP also in comparison. Other thing is you need to be enrolled in SPP college to avail it. Also most of the SPP college programs are undergrad with exception of few only (PG Diploma/Grad Certs). Master's is Uni pathway which is always Generic.

For a student there's nothing to lose in any of them. The only thing I have heard is higher visa refusal for SPP. VO rejects visa on smallest of anomaly sometimes whereas in Generic they will always ask for extra documentation.

Once rejected under SPP you automatically are ineligible to apply for it again. Generic with more documentation is the only way out.

Hope this helps.

Good Luck

DUNNO

Aug 22, 2016
shagunsangwan said:
HI friends
I am sharing this experience to provide some positivity to people whose student visa was refused.
I am already in Canada, working on a PGWP. My girlfriend who resides in India also applied for a student visa few days ago, she is intelligent and well educated person, still I referred her to a consultant. After few days of paperwork, she applied for a visa and we were shocked afterwards that the consultant lady had made several errors in the application.
Unfortunately the visa was refused after 3 days, maybe the errors made by consultant were not the real reason but we were still not happy with their unprofessional work. The visa was refused stating 1.the studies do not match and 2. purpose of visit. Now again we were confused and depressed, i was not able to understand the SPP and non SPP properly. People usually tell non SPP requires more documentation and takes time etc. I also made some posts in the forum after the refusal ( all people here are really helpful :) )
By this time we had made up our mind to not take help of any consultant since everyone in Canada usually applies visa themselves, and those consultants are just robots who are taught to do a standard process each time.
We were confident on our reasoning and wrote a detailed letter to the Visa officer stating the choice of course and future perspectives, and added a little bit more information about her education and family income, not very detailed about the income since I felt funds were never the concern for VO.

We again applied for study visa and waited patiently, on the 6th day of applying the visa (out of which two days were non working) she got original passport request in MyCIC account which usually means an approved visa. We were so happy with the outcome since we can be together :)

I really dont understand why people say SPP visa can be applied only once a term, change the course, this that and a lot more bullshit. I mean its just a student visa whichever way you apply it. A GIC is a proof of funds, you can show it in SPP or non SPP profile dosent matter.
When you re-apply the visa just look for the reason for which Visa officer has refused and try to justify to him as best as you can. and if you are true the visa will be approved, VOs are also humans just like you and me.
So I would like to say just work hard by yourself, prepare your SOP as per your personal thoughts and plans, dont copy or plagiarize stuff and trust your instincts. Dont take too much bullshit from edcuational consultants, they just do what they have been taught to do, no less and no more.

All the best to everyone :)

This actually made me feel better because I got my second rejection today!!!!
And I did write a SOP trying to convince VO, but I failed.
Would you mind help me with this?