+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My ex broke up with me when I moved to Canada

heartbroke

Nov 18, 2010
Hi,

I was interested to read a post by LindaB about her panic about supporting her ex-boyfriend for the next three yeas. I'm also on the same boat, but the other boat. I had a hard time adjusting in Canada and was not the best boyfriend in the world, but was willing to see professional help to work the differences. My ex decided that she did not want to give me another chance- because she believe she has given me enough chances.

Now, I'm lost. Because I just recovered from some illness and don't have a job, don't have a lot of money and don't know how I'm going to meet ends meet. Now, she is telling me to return back home with my family. I told her I give up my life back home to be here, with you. As hard as it is for me to adjust to Canada, without any friends or family I believe that I deserve to be in this country. I worked a lot for her, she took a lot of my money and she had the best of everything. Now, I'm asking her for money to help me...which she has none. I'm thinking about going on Welfare and I really don't want to screw her like that but I feel that there is no other way.

We were living with her family, so that help save money until we both had found jobs. Again, my question is this- do you think I should go back home and have no health insurance, no job and living with my parents when I'm 33?

I believe she is also dating another guy as she does not care about me anymore. LindsaB posts sounds a lot like my ex, so this is the post the other way around however I'm looking for help as to what to do with my future?

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You thought Canada was the place to be with your ex, is it the place you want to be now?
It is a personal choice.

But if you want to stay get a job.

Yaya Marei

Aug 25, 2010
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1/8/2010
Doc's Request.
Nov 2010
Med's Request
1l7 2011
Med's Done....
3/7 /2011
Interview........
28/6/2011
Passport Req..
17/8/2011
VISA ISSUED...
21/8/2011
LANDED..........
31/8 /2011 Insallah
Ok listen to me and truly I advice you

First Canada at the beginning so hard, but after while become better. Go search where is your community stay, and find place there, start search for work, do not make it hard at yourself and find any job for beginning, then you can go to school and find better job.

Do not go to walfer and hurt yourself and your sponsor, then talk to her, let her give you chance to see the the man,the one she can relay in , the one when she need she ll find.

trust me you give up your country for her, but she want you to that why she sponsored you,
talk more to her, try to make it clear

and rest will be good

heartbroke

Nov 18, 2010
Well, of course I want to stay. Of course I wanted to stay with my ex. I loved her. However, I feel that she needs to help me out, but as bad I hate to go on welfare and have her pay it's an option I'm willing to use since she is treating me like I never did anything for her. I understand that she dropped me for someone else and really you should have been stronger than her emotions to make such a ill decision.

Again, I had a great Job back home and things now at home are hard. To find a job is harder there than here. When I left my home people warned me that I would be leaving a great job and to get it back would be impossible. It's been a month or so since I left my ex and I have tried to get a job back home and no one is hiring- too many people are getting laid off. I have no health insurance back home and to be there would only mean I would never have access to medical care.

heartbroke

Nov 18, 2010
Yaya- I wish it was that easy. This girl is already in love with someone else. I cried and poured my eyes out to her and she didn't care.

heartbroke

Nov 18, 2010
Even now I'm trying to get her back, I cry like crazy and have never felt so lonely in my life. You see, I'm willing to do whatever it takes to make her fall in love with me again. But, she is too busy loving her new beau.

Yaya Marei

Aug 25, 2010
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1/8/2010
Doc's Request.
Nov 2010
Med's Request
1l7 2011
Med's Done....
3/7 /2011
Interview........
28/6/2011
Passport Req..
17/8/2011
VISA ISSUED...
21/8/2011
LANDED..........
31/8 /2011 Insallah
I am sorry for that , then just move on, and find normal Job any job, then go to school, after that you ll be able to find good job.
this is what I did , and it paid off, 4 years work hard but I have my education and got good job, but my wife was next to me

I advice you then move on , sorry but this is life ,

heartbroke

Nov 18, 2010
Yeah, I know yaya. I just feel so beside myself. I mean, to wake up alone in this small apartment and go to sleep in this small apartment and not have money is hard. She just ignores me and does not want to help me with anything. I am looking for work, but for every job there is one thousand people applying.

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
heartbroke said:
Hi,

I was interested to read a post by LindaB about her panic about supporting her ex-boyfriend for the next three yeas. I'm also on the same boat, but the other boat. I had a hard time adjusting in Canada and was not the best boyfriend in the world, but was willing to see professional help to work the differences. My ex decided that she did not want to give me another chance- because she believe she has given me enough chances.

Now, I'm lost. Because I just recovered from some illness and don't have a job, don't have a lot of money and don't know how I'm going to meet ends meet. Now, she is telling me to return back home with my family. I told her I give up my life back home to be here, with you. As hard as it is for me to adjust to Canada, without any friends or family I believe that I deserve to be in this country. I worked a lot for her, she took a lot of my money and she had the best of everything. Now, I'm asking her for money to help me...which she has none. I'm thinking about going on Welfare and I really don't want to screw her like that but I feel that there is no other way.

We were living with her family, so that help save money until we both had found jobs. Again, my question is this- do you think I should go back home and have no health insurance, no job and living with my parents when I'm 33?

I believe she is also dating another guy as she does not care about me anymore. LindsaB posts sounds a lot like my ex, so this is the post the other way around however I'm looking for help as to what to do with my future?
Very touching story my friend, very touching. We do not have to hate each other in order to have a better life. Everything that comes on our way during our life time is well planned. Here is what I would like to tell you this morning: You have you life and your future here but there is no other way you could get here without your ex and she did her job. I would suggest that you stay positive (the way you are right now) and make your mind to close your past with sad story and rejection. I do believe that it is not going to be easy but keep faith and work hard, your glorious days are just in front of you.
Cheers,

HoneyBird

Jul 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 2010
Doc's Request.
Jun 2010
AOR Received.
Sep 2010
File Transfer...
Aug 2010
Med's Done....
Jun 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2011
LANDED..........
Feb 2011
k...
1. Based on LOVE you moved to Canada
2. She ditches you...
3. Its clear she does not want you.
4. MOVE ON WITH YOUR LIFE!
5. Based on 1, it means removing your self from Canada! Love is all gone! You are only in the country for what a year? And this is enough to want to make you want to stay forever? It sounds strange. Won'nt your entire 20 something years life in Poland or whatever matter? Why the intent to stay in canada?
You do know that you can leave Canada and come back as you are a permanent resident right? You can stay out of the country for a number of months in the 5 years. Come back when you are ready...not when you need to go now on welfare.

And forget your ex......

heartbroke

Nov 18, 2010
Poland, I am not from Poland. I am not Linda's ex boyfriend. I just though it was strange that she sounds like my ex, but is not. Listen Honeybird, you don't understand what I'm saying. My problem is that returning back home would only mean one thing, that is my ex used me and made me lose everything I had. Staying in Canada would mean that I'm here to stay and fight this. I want to survive here, I love it here even though it has been the loneliest time of my life.

Yeah, I moved here because I loved my partner to death. I still love her and hope that she sees in her heart that I love her and don't to make her life a living hell.

I'm not returning home because again health care in the USA is expensive. I don't have healthcare there and returning without a job would mean I would be heavily in debt. I suffer from a few medical conditions that need attention. I'm looking for work here and trust me every job has hundred of applicants. I have lost so much weigh because I don't have anything to eat- but I drink a ensure a day to keep me ticking at least.

Yes, my family back home don't care about me because they always warned me this decision was wrong. I already owe my father 7K dollars and he has nothing else to give. That was his savings......

heartbroke

Nov 18, 2010
Again, it's not a question of getting back at her. But it's a question about her telling me to do all of this because we live together by her using my money for her life for years. Wasting all my money- and now I have nothing I think she should help

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
heartbroke said:
Again, I had a great Job back home and things now at home are hard. To find a job is harder there than here. When I left my home people warned me that I would be leaving a great job and to get it back would be impossible. It's been a month or so since I left my ex and I have tried to get a job back home and no one is hiring- too many people are getting laid off. I have no health insurance back home and to be there would only mean I would never have access to medical care.
You need to work on these feelings and get them off your chest. Now it is time to look forward and make decisions that are going to help you in the future rather than breack you down. You don't have to hurt yourself with your past and sad stories. Get on your feets and move on. Right now Walmart is hiring 40hrs/week night shift, go and get one of these jobs and put your life right back on. You don't have to call her but if she do, be nice to her.

Lila

Star Member
Oct 18, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Heartbroke, very sorry to hear that you're heartbroken, however, there are many more positive experiences to extract from Canada than the thought of going on Welfare! You might want to start with finding "any" job and then go back to school later. Any job will pay you more than welfare. Oh and guess what it's ok that she took your money, that's what husbands do for wives and vice versa. I could only comment on what you've said but I'm not going to touch her part because as a woman and seeing many experiences in life I also know there are actually three sides to a story, your side, her side and the "truth". All the best!

Teriskier

Star Member
Jun 22, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/09/2010
Med's Done....
14-06-2010
As much as you may not be able to find the same caliber job as you previously had in the US employers are hiring...even jobs at McDonalds and Wal-Mart offer comprehensive insurance policies. If you don't mind me asking how long were you together for and where were you living previously, seeing as she was your girlfriend you had to have lived together for at least a year prior to applying as common-law, did this change in relationship just come out of the blue?