+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My employer changed. Do I need 2 letters?

Freenrich

Sep 19, 2019
Hi, I am on IEC visa and received my invitation to apply yesterday for CEC, but I'm unsure how to proceed with my work experience evidence for my current job in Canada since my employer changed around 7 months ago.

I currently work at a Samsung Experience Store as a Sales Supervisor. I started working there full time 18 months ago. Although the store is branded as Samsung, the store was operated by Glentel, so all my pay stubs and tax forms from that period are from Glentel.

In April 2019, Samsung stores changed operators from Glentel to OSL. My role and responsibilities continued exactly the same as they were. My manager also remained the same, and I have got him to sign a letter as evidence of my employment with an explanation about the change.

So would I just submit a single letter under the Samsung Experience Store heading explaining about the change of operator?

I'm worried that because my manager now is also employed by OSL, the letter would is on an OSL letterhead, so would I need to also submit my work history from Glentel and OSL separately and also get a letter from Glentel?

If I do need to also get a letter from Glentel, this might be difficult as I no longer know anyone who works for this company.

Any help would be very much appreciated!

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi, I am on IEC visa and received my invitation to apply yesterday for CEC, but I'm unsure how to proceed with my work experience evidence for my current job in Canada since my employer changed around 7 months ago.

I currently work at a Samsung Experience Store as a Sales Supervisor. I started working there full time 18 months ago. Although the store is branded as Samsung, the store was operated by Glentel, so all my pay stubs and tax forms from that period are from Glentel.

In April 2019, Samsung stores changed operators from Glentel to OSL. My role and responsibilities continued exactly the same as they were. My manager also remained the same, and I have got him to sign a letter as evidence of my employment with an explanation about the change.

So would I just submit a single letter under the Samsung Experience Store heading explaining about the change of operator?

I'm worried that because my manager now is also employed by OSL, the letter would is on an OSL letterhead, so would I need to also submit my work history from Glentel and OSL separately and also get a letter from Glentel?

If I do need to also get a letter from Glentel, this might be difficult as I no longer know anyone who works for this company.

Any help would be very much appreciated!
Just explain the change in the letter.