+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

my dilemma

eddyboy84

Feb 16, 2012
hI THERE,

thanks for the enriching input found in this blog ...

btw, its true that we strive for our dream, and in the proces we see only the hope to reach there.. once u attain the dream u realize the reality.. very true.. its always pursuit of HappYnesssss...

but friends,

i'm currently in UAE, Abu Dhabi. i prepared my docs by feb 2012 and asked a query in this blog.. as the CAP has reached, well wishers suggested to apply by July 2012. now i'm in the process of redoing all te police certificates and finacial statements....

i got mywell known friend who moved to Calgary from here. he was the safety manager here in GASCO and now moved to Calgary. he asked me to come to canada for a month and stay in his home to search job

i'm a qualified Social Worker and has two masters degree in MSW and Executive MBA

currently i work as a Manager HR and Welfare for a government firm of 2700 workforce for the last 3 years in UAE.

now i'm in a dilemma as to go ahead on this or not?

suggest me pls

spartan300

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Kathmandu, Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
1233/1312
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 05,012 PER.............. : Feb 24,012 DD encahsed : Feb 08,012
AOR Received.
Mar 15,012 2nd line in ecas: Aug 07,012
Med's Request
Aug 10,012
Med's Done....
Aug 19,012 3rd line in ecas: Aug 24, 012
Passport Req..
Aug 10,012 DM on ecas : Sep 21, 012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 19, 012
LANDED..........
Nov 25, 012
Qorax Indexed:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t74858.0.html
mate go through the above link you will find more than you can bargain from the one of the legends of this forum Sir Qorax...
Warm Regards....

Spartan 300

kchakus

Star Member
May 28, 2010
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Not Yet
The best as per my knowledge would be:

Accrue as much of the leave as possible for the calendar year in which you think might get the visa.
For eg: If you apply in 2012, you can expect the visa in 2013.
Plan such that you inform the senior mgmt about your visit to Canada for some important occassion of
your relative; Get the permission and then fly. By this you'll always be safe and also you can get the PR and return back to UAE and decide later when do you want to go there permanently or not.

Just My opinion

xony

Star Member
Feb 28, 2012
Abu Dhabi - UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2010
IELTS Request
Jan2011
Med's Request
01-11-2011
Med's Done....
17-11-2011
Passport Req..
01-08-2012
OK, so look dear, I', as well an MBA professional and living for 7 years now in Abu Dhabi,

for your dilemma question, my reply will be: do you have a place to return to if you were asked today to leave the country?

I know that here it's like heaven but a little hot :) work, position, high salary, and luxury of life.... BUT..
you know as well, that this place is not going to last, at least for us expatriates. It's getting more and more expensive on us and cheaper on locals, and there are many other reasons besides life getting expensive to talk about.. but not here..

Again, mu advise as I gave to many others: apply.. and wait
getting the PR will not happen in 6 months from applying, at least this is not the normal case,
and you never never know what will happen with you in the coming two years...
so, have plan B, especially if you can't go back to your country for safety reasons or for any other ones..

As I told you, I'm in abu dhabi, and I went through it all... if you need any more help, just drop me a personal message, and we can catch up from there..
another advise b4 going: don't do your UAE police certificate now... as it's easy to issue after having your emirates ID, you can do it by the first week of June, it will be ready b4 the end of the month for sure.. you will need it to be the most updated when you apply in July... and the same goes with the bank statements..

be blessed, and may god guide your steps..
xony

sho78

Sep 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-7-2011 (recieved by CIO), CC charged on 16-Aug
Doc's Request.
Sent with the application
AOR Received.
PER received 29th Sept
IELTS Request
Med's Request
07-03-2012
Med's Done....
12-03-2012, Recd by VO on 16-03-2012, Medical received line added 24-04-12
Passport Req..
14-May-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2012
xony said:
OK, so look dear, I', as well an MBA professional and living for 7 years now in Abu Dhabi,

for your dilemma question, my reply will be: do you have a place to return to if you were asked today to leave the country?

I know that here it's like heaven but a little hot :) work, position, high salary, and luxury of life.... BUT..
you know as well, that this place is not going to last, at least for us expatriates. It's getting more and more expensive on us and cheaper on locals, and there are many other reasons besides life getting expensive to talk about.. but not here..

Again, mu advise as I gave to many others: apply.. and wait
getting the PR will not happen in 6 months from applying, at least this is not the normal case,
and you never never know what will happen with you in the coming two years...
so, have plan B, especially if you can't go back to your country for safety reasons or for any other ones..

As I told you, I'm in abu dhabi, and I went through it all... if you need any more help, just drop me a personal message, and we can catch up from there..
another advise b4 going: don't do your UAE police certificate now... as it's easy to issue after having your emirates ID, you can do it by the first week of June, it will be ready b4 the end of the month for sure.. you will need it to be the most updated when you apply in July... and the same goes with the bank statements..

be blessed, and may god guide your steps..
xony
Agreed.

sho78

Sep 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-7-2011 (recieved by CIO), CC charged on 16-Aug
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
PER received 29th Sept
IELTS Request
Med's Request
07-03-2012
Med's Done....
12-03-2012, Recd by VO on 16-03-2012, Medical received line added 24-04-12
Passport Req..
14-May-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2012
Comparision of Gulf & Canada given by Mr Quorax..
R u a citizen of the country where u live presently?
-Can u stay/reside till eternity in that country?
-Can u do whatever u want there?
-Can u buy a house in a yr in that country?
-Will u get pension after your haytime is past in your current country?
-Can your children be called First Country Citizens there?
-Do they receive Free Education now?
-Do u all receive Free Healthcare in that nation?
-Do u like to reside in Asia rather than North Americas?
-Do u believe in equality of man & get bit there?
-Do u get 50% goods @ cheaper rates than there?
-Do u get to drive a good used Merc @ $12000?
-Don't u want to be least bothered about landlords increasing your rents?
-Is 50% of that salary (Dubai one) Ok for the first yr, might be earlier?
-R u Ok with the same current salary in 1yr from now?
-And it increases (the salary) 50% thereon yr to yr?
-How about being self-employed, w/out the hassle of owenership/sponsorship?
-Do u receive about $300-500/child as Free Allowance every month?
...I could go on...

If the answers to the above is Yes... Then stay on in Dubai.
If 50% of them is No... Welcome to Canada!

eddyboy84

Feb 16, 2012
thankyou Xony... really appreciate it.. ur inputs makes lot of sense and i agree with ur inputs

i would like to send a personal message, but i couldnt find ur mail id in ur profile as its hidden, i dont want u to unhide it but if u could send a text maill to my id edwinpaul.hr@gmail.com, i'll take care from there.

thank you so much Sho... the comparison is mind blowing... for me most answers are NO :(

btw, you guys will agree with me, that Canadaian taxation is of 40% of your income and you can hardly have any savings in there?

i understand that either u earn 1000 dollars or 10000 dollars, your children's education and family health insurance will be taken care (basic needs)

but this country can given some savings apart from the shooting up rent and parking fines... wats ur opinion...

thankz Xony, i've put an hold to Police certificate and Bank statment, but can u suggest me, where to get my documents attested.. i approached one centre in Hamdan street, next to Daman, but couldnt get thro..

eddyboy84

Feb 16, 2012
dear Mr. Xony,

good morning
i've tried my best to send the personal message, but in allpossible means, it says"I dont have right to send personal messages"

i tried to copy the screen shot for your guidance but i couldnt :(

if possible if u give me a buzz in edwinpaul.hr@gmail.com, i'll be grateful

please