+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My daughter's visa is lost

claudioagv

Sep 24, 2012
Hello,

We have a problem and need some help to know the steps to solve it. We are a Chilean family, I am here studying a post-grade. My self, my wife and two daughters have the tickets to go to Chile next month. They will go first and I will go later and we will come back all together.

The problem is we could not find the passport of one of our daughters in anywhere. We do not know where and when we lost it because we have not used since a while.

I just called the Chilean consulate to see what can I do, they said since I do not have enough time to get a new passport they could give her an special permit to get in Chile and there she could ask for a new one.

But what about the Canadian Visa? Could you please tell me what should I do?

I am now going to the police to report it as lost.

Thank you

scorpion_ca

May 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
claudioagv said:
Hello,

We have a problem and need some help to know the steps to solve it. We are a Chilean family, I am here studying a post-grade. My self, my wife and two daughters have the tickets to go to Chile next month. They will go first and I will go later and we will come back all together.

The problem is we could not find the passport of one of our daughters in anywhere. We do not know where and when we lost it because we have not used since a while.

I just called the Chilean consulate to see what can I do, they said since I do not have enough time to get a new passport they could give her an special permit to get in Chile and there she could ask for a new one.

Thank you
Did you file a police report for lost passport?
You can call CIC at 1-888-242‑2100 and ask them what to do at this situation.

billad

Jul 26, 2012
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-06-2012
you have to file a police report as you are going to do.

Send new passport as soon as you get it to CHC along with these details
Copy of Stolen passport, If you have a copy of the stolen passport.
Otherwise, a letter explaining the situation and add passport number of your daughter on that.
Original New Passport
Visa Application along with visa fee.

They will issue the visa on the new passport. Its basically a new visa application but with existing visa issued passport information.
It would be better to call Canadian Consulate near you and if possible walk in there with an appointment and discuss your matter.

claudioagv

Sep 24, 2012
I have copies of the lost passport and visa.

Would I need extra documents or special permission from Canada to get out the country?

Thank you

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
claudioagv said:
Would I need extra documents or special permission from Canada to get out the country?
No. Canada does not have exit controls. You normally do not need to speak with CBSA when departing the country unless you are under a removal order.

usmantanvirbutt

Star Member
Jul 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London / islamabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
may-2010
claudioagv said:
Hello,

Thank you
my strong advice to you is donot take your duaghter back to your country, file for a new passport here in canada, get and get a new visa stamped on in while in Canada, once you leave she may not be able to come back, get this issue sorted out in canada.