+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My COPR Papers got torn! but still intact

KRMIO

Jan 27, 2014
I just got today my passport with visa stamp and my COPR. (Confirmation of Permanent Residents) papers 2 of them one with picture.

as i was getting my passport at the cargo bay at the airport cause it had to go to security clearance.
after 4 long hours i finally received it, i was so happy. but that didn't last long!

as the Guy opens the package he torn the papers inside but not fully. they are still intact.
all text and the serial barcode not effected.
am i in trouble! i have the package and the envelope just as they are.

passport is fine.

what should i do?
do i need to present them when i get on the plane, shall i explain when i land. will it be dismissed!

i already booked the flight mid-feb sold my car. everything is set to travel. cannot delay my flight.

should i fix it, photocopy it, but on A4 paper little smaller!
what should i do?

Please help! any advice.
what luck!!! :'(

thank you

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
You don't need to present them to get on the aircraft. That's what the IM-1 visa is for.
I can't say what the reaction from the CBSA agent at the destination will be..
One of the copies has to be sent off by them to create the PR card..

Personally, I would take some sticky tape with you, just in case, but not make any attempt to fix them until CBSA have seen them.

KRMIO

Jan 27, 2014
thank you for your response.

the papers are in the same envelope in the same package. I'll make a photocopy just in case. and get a stickytape if need there!

tip for everyone: always open your own mail

KRMIO

Jan 27, 2014
first of all I'm sorry if i didn't contribute enough to the forum before.
just wanted to say i landed safley. ;D

after the incident happened i sent an email l to the CPC with scanned images. and explaining my situation they kindly replied after 2 weeks i think. that i may land and explain my situation at the entry point.
which i did.

the officers were very nice there. at everypoint.
he saw the originals he took them and printed a new one for me. i told him what happened ofcourse.
i had made a photocoy of the papers as a precaution and also photographs just incase. and both he asked for.

i signed it and of i went.

of course i don't advice anyone travelling with damaged documentes. if only the CPC in ottawa didn't reply i think i wouldn't have traveled too much of a chance.

just be honest with them and everything will be fine.

msaeed

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Lahore Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2009
VISA ISSUED...
الحمد لله رب العالمين - 27-06-2014
LANDED..........
الحمد لله رب العالمين March 28, 2015.
KRMIO said:
first of all I'm sorry if i didn't contribute enough to the forum before.
just wanted to say i landed safley. ;D

after the incident happened i sent an email l to the CPC with scanned images. and explaining my situation they kindly replied after 2 weeks i think. that i may land and explain my situation at the entry point.
which i did.

the officers were very nice there. at everypoint.
he saw the originals he took them and printed a new one for me. i told him what happened ofcourse.
i had made a photocoy of the papers as a precaution and also photographs just incase. and both he asked for.

i signed it and of i went.

of course i don't advice anyone travelling with damaged documentes. if only the CPC in ottawa didn't reply i think i wouldn't have traveled too much of a chance.

just be honest with them and everything will be fine.
Sir

Congratulations on successful landing
I wish a blessed and successful life ahead for you and your family

Stay Blessed

nir_72

Sep 22, 2015
Hi,
I am going through the same problem. No body else but I messed up with the papers. SO bad of me.
Can you please tell me which CPC to contact with?

Sam$

Jun 1, 2017
Hi,
I am going through the same problem. No body else but I messed up with the papers. SO bad of me.
Can you please tell me which CPC to contact with?
Hello, buddy I’m in situation as yours and while opening the envelope COPR has torn? What did you do.
Shall I contact high commission for reissuance or otherwise?

Feb 27, 2018
Hello, buddy I’m in situation as yours and while opening the envelope COPR has torn? What did you do.
Shall I contact high commission for reissuance or otherwise?
Hi, I'm in the same situation as you. Did you get a response from your Visa Office? I have not yet received any response from them yet. Not sure what else to do.

Sam$

Jun 1, 2017
Hello,

I visited vfs with fresh set of pics, pp, Ppr mail, copr of all applicants n submitted it there. Vfs guys had sent those docs to Canadian embassy and I got fresh CoPR within 10 days.

Hope it helps.

Feb 27, 2018
Hello,

I visited vfs with fresh set of pics, pp, Ppr mail, copr of all applicants n submitted it there. Vfs guys had sent those docs to Canadian embassy and I got fresh CoPR within 10 days.

Hope it helps.

Hi, thanks for your reply. Which country are you in? What should I tell the VFS guys? And by PPR mail are you referring to the original email sent asking for my passport to be sent which says “ready for visa” in the subject line?

Sam$

Jun 1, 2017
Hi, thanks for your reply. Which country are you in? What should I tell the VFS guys? And by PPR mail are you referring to the original email sent asking for my passport to be sent which says “ready for visa” in the subject line?
I'm from India. Showed VFS the torn CoPR and told them to get the fresh one issued.. yes, by ppr email, I meant print out of email sent asking for yor passport

Feb 27, 2018
Ok and I’m guessing this was 30 days after the PPR email arrived, right? My PPR email arrived December 30. It’s been almost two months. Thanks a lot for your help! Will go there today itself!