Med's Done....
18 Jan 2012 (No travel history)
Passport Req..
17-05-2012 (In Process on 31-05-2012)
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made (06 Jun 2012), passport received 11 Jun 2012
LANDED..........
End of June
Thought I had write about my test which I passed today as I have found this website useful before.

Preparation

DIscover Canada, and also practice test here:

http://www.yourlibrary.ca/citizenship/

Documents taken

Passports, PR card, COPR, notice letter, driver's license, photocopy of passport photo page - interviewer only wanted passports, photocopies of passport photo page, PR card, driver's license

The notice says 'any other document you submitted with your application - and I didn't know whether you needed to take the Residence Calculator printout - they didn't ask for it

Test

Mine was at 10:02 - got there around 9:50 and most people had already sat down in the room - it doesn't really matter as long as you get there about 10 minutes before
You are given an answer sheet paper that you have to write your name and then sign - it also has bubbles for the 20 questions that you would answer - you need to get 15 correct to pass
I finished it in about 10 minutes, submitted the paper, and then went to a waiting room.

Interview

They call you in the order you finish the test, so after a wait of about 20 minutes, I was called to booth 3 - not a room just booths with interviewers.
Lady asked me for the documents I mention above. Then she verified the Residence calculator printout (which she had) against entries in my passport. She asked me about a couple of entries, and also asked me if I had the e-ticket for a trip I made to New York, which I could pull up on my phone, but that was it. Took about 10 minutes and now they will send me an email about the ceremony in 3-5 months.

Hope this helps someone. All the best!

sicko86

Aug 18, 2009
Mississauga , ON
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2010
Doc's Request.
8-3-2010
AOR Received.
13-10-2010
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
28-11-2011
Med's Done....
29-11-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2012
LANDED..........
28-01-2012
swoop81 said:
Thought I had write about my test which I passed today as I have found this website useful before.

Preparation

Documents taken

Passports, PR card, COPR, notice letter, driver's license, photocopy of passport photo page - interviewer only wanted passports, photocopies of passport photo page, PR card, driver's license

The notice says 'any other document you submitted with your application - and I didn't know whether you needed to take the Residence Calculator printout - they didn't ask for it

Test

Mine was at 10:02 - got there around 9:50 and most people had already sat down in the room - it doesn't really matter as long as you get there about 10 minutes before
You are given an answer sheet paper that you have to write your name and then sign - it also has bubbles for the 20 questions that you would answer - you need to get 15 correct to pass
I finished it in about 10 minutes, submitted the paper, and then went to a waiting room.

Interview

They call you in the order you finish the test, so after a wait of about 20 minutes, I was called to booth 3 - not a room just booths with interviewers.
Lady asked me for the documents I mention above. Then she verified the Residence calculator printout (which she had) against entries in my passport. She asked me about a couple of entries, and also asked me if I had the e-ticket for a trip I made to New York, which I could pull up on my phone, but that was it. Took about 10 minutes and now they will send me an email about the ceremony in 3-5 months.

Which office was that? did you have full time employment proof?

aamer43

May 6, 2009
@swoop81,

Thanks a lot for sharing your test experience in such a clear way. It will surely help all those who are waiting for the test.

Mary2009

Star Member
Aug 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for sharing your experience...

Wish you a quick Outh date :)
good luck,
Mary

milothemilo

Dec 4, 2014
the test itself is the joke. soooo easy :) i had 20 out of 20 and done in not even 2 min!!! did not expect it would be so easy!

OTTAWA2013

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
LANDED PR 2009
swoop81 said:

Preparation

Documents taken

Passports, PR card, COPR, notice letter, driver's license, photocopy of passport photo page - interviewer only wanted passports, photocopies of
passport photo page, PR card, driver's license

Test

Interview

Thanks a lot for sharing your test experience . It will help other applicant's

Hope you get the Oath invitation very soon.

Best of luck!

swoop81

Dec 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
02 May 2012
Med's Done....
18 Jan 2012 (No travel history)
Passport Req..
17-05-2012 (In Process on 31-05-2012)
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made (06 Jun 2012), passport received 11 Jun 2012
LANDED..........
End of June
sicko86 said:
Which office was that? did you have full time employment proof?
This was the Vancouver office (on Expo Blvd). They did not ask me for employment proof - they asked me whether I am working for the same company that I was working for when I applied - and I replied I was.

OTTAWA2013

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
LANDED PR 2009
swoop81 said:
This was the Vancouver office (on Expo Blvd). They did not ask me for employment proof - they asked me whether I am working for the same company that I was working for when I applied - and I replied I was.

Yes usually when the CO is satisfied with the application, at the time of the interview they will just ask a couple of standard questions and verify the passport and it's done

Again congrats, and best of luck with the oath letter soon.