+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

my cec application came back and my work permit expired in january.

krutarth

Feb 4, 2015
Hey guys my application came back and my work permit expired in January. Does anybody has any idea how can I restore my status? Need help guys.

Champ16

Star Member
Jan 29, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
krutarth said:
Hey guys my application came back and my work permit expired in January. Does anybody has any idea how can I restore my status? Need help guys.
What was the reason for sending your application?

Did you apply for work permit extension?

You need LMIA or CEC file number in order restore your status

krutarth

Feb 4, 2015
I put my file under cec in November. And they sent it back as they have reached the cap.

I already filed an application for work permit extension but I think they will refuse it too. Lmia will take little longer and I can only stay 90 days after the work permit expires.

Champ16

Star Member
Jan 29, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
krutarth said:
I put my file under cec in November. And they sent it back as they have reached the cap.

I already filed an application for work permit extension but I think they will refuse it too. Lmia will take little longer and I can only stay 90 days after the work permit expires.
Thats correct before your 90 days are over apply for visitor visa which will give you another 6 months in Canada.

Champ16

Star Member
Jan 29, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
krutarth said:
Thanks. And I can still apply for LMIA. And can submit my profile under EE?
Yes absolutely just create a EE and ask your employer for LMIA application and you prepare for Visitor ;D

PK_11

Sep 18, 2014
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-03-2016
Doc's Request.
16-09-2016 (RPRF)
Nomination.....
01-02-2016
AOR Received.
12-04-2016
IELTS Request
Not Required
Med's Request
10-03-2017
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Not Reqd as of now
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
InLand Applicant
For LMIA, you need proper status i guess(preferred worker status).
I guess u r on implied status right ? u applied for work permit extension ?

Champ16

Star Member
Jan 29, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PK_11 said:
For LMIA, you need proper status i guess(preferred worker status).
I guess u r on implied status right ? u applied for work permit extension ?

It does ask for Prefered work status however you may write Implied status, restoration or Visitor visa.

You could be back home and apply for LMIA as far as you are on legal status.

PK_11

Sep 18, 2014
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-03-2016
Doc's Request.
16-09-2016 (RPRF)
Nomination.....
01-02-2016
AOR Received.
12-04-2016
IELTS Request
Not Required
Med's Request
10-03-2017
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Not Reqd as of now
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
InLand Applicant
If u applied for extension, than currently u r implied status for worker, so it will be fine. so u haven't used ur restoration status yet, so that good. Just for back up, if LMIA comes back, be prepared for paper application of visitor visa.

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
right ok, you can only continue to work on your implied status until you get rejected for the extension of your permit - which you will as your PR application was returned, no AOR. you then need to stop work and switch to a visitor visa.
your employer can apply for an LMIA but until its approved and you submit an application for a work permit based on having the LMIA you cannot work again. you can't get implied status based on the LMIA application being submitted.

the_lion

May 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you ahave already applied for BOWP. You hchave brought yourself some time Until it gets rejected. Which youre sure that it will.
then you can make an online visitor or study permit restoration. That takes anywhere from 20 days to 16 weeks to arrive. Until then youre NOT on implied status so you cant work or study but you're on restoration, so you can stay in the country.

+1 if that helps you!