+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My application was approved. I submitted my passport on the 25th. How long can I expect to wait?

kvdence

Aug 28, 2017
This is a study permit application.

The title is vague. I've submitted my passport at my local VISA Office in Kingston, Jamaica after receiving the request for my original passport document. I told them I needed to get it back as soon as physically possible and the agent told me it was possible to expedite the processing times. I provided proof that I needed it by the 11th of September or I would no longer be able to attend my school (Humber College) this year.

I submitted my Passport at the VAC on the 25th of August. Today, the 28th of August, my status on the VAC site changed to "Your current application status is Passport Received by the Visa Office - Under Consideration"

Any idea how long I might have to wait before I get an email telling me to return and pick up my passport? The anxiety is really taking a toll on my life due to a lot of deep, personal reasons among many others.

Also, is there any way I could update myself as to the whereabouts of my passport or the status of the process?

Thanks in advance for any insight!

Last edited:

IndianStone

Feb 22, 2017

The title is vague. I've submitted my passport at my local VISA Office in Kingston, Jamaica after receiving the request for my original passport document. I told them I needed to get it back as soon as physically possible and the agent told me it was possible to expedite the processing times. I provided proof that I needed it by the 11th of September or I would no longer be able to attend my school (Humber College) this year.

I submitted my Passport at the VAC on the 25th of August. Today, the 28th of August, my status on the VAC site changed to "Your current application status is Passport Received by the Visa Office - Under Consideration"

Any idea how long I might have to wait before I get an email telling me to return and pick up my passport? The anxiety is really taking a toll on my life due to a lot of deep, personal reasons among many others.

Also, is there any way I could update myself as to the whereabouts of my passport or the status of the process?

You should get your passport in a week. They take 5-10 working days. So I'd say you'll get it by the 1st of September or the 4th.

Aynat7867

Aug 6, 2017

It may take up to a week. But once u have proof of everything you will definately get through. No worries. What's your program of study at Humber college ?

hbpandya1

Aug 31, 2017
I also get approval of visa and submitted passport at 10th of August. But still the status is 'being processed at Canada visa office'. I am from India.
Give me some details on that.