+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My application,,, from mailing to Oath

mery15

Aug 12, 2015
Hello Everyone,

I quit inactive in this forum mainly because the other folks are doing a great job. Today, this journey is over for me, so I thought to write my story and give some tips to the new guys.
Timeline:

Application mailed around mid-May
AOR received on July 10
In process Sept. 4
FP request end of Sept.
Test and Oath invite 26 or 27 October. The oath was conditional on passing the test, interview.

I live in the interior of BC so our processing was done in the Vancouver office.

Tips:
- don't panic and be nervous. it is gonna happen soon.
- I prepared so many things for the interview like; translation of passport stamps, paystubs, English proof, employment letters. NONE of that was requested.
- The interview was pretty much a chat about life in Canada the last 5 years in 2 minutes.

good luck all and thanks for everyone who contributed here to make the rest of as more aware of the process.

Cheers

sweetcute123

Star Member
Nov 2, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
25-09-2016
IELTS Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
UPFRONT
Passport Req..
24-01-2017
Congrats

I am about to submit my application, I was wondering how many time CIC will send/ask me any documents over the regular mail throughout the whole citizenship application.

I am asking because I might change the address in near future. I know i can update the address using web message.

But still, I would like to know how many mailing correspondences will occur via regular mail and how many times using CIC account/ECAS

Thank you

mery15

Aug 12, 2015
Congrats

I am about to submit my application, I was wondering how many time CIC will send/ask me any documents over the regular mail throughout the whole citizenship application.

I am asking because I might change the address in near future. I know i can update the address using web message.

But still, I would like to know how many mailing correspondences will occur via regular mail and how many times using CIC account/ECAS

Thank you
Only once for me, FP request.