+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mutliple provincial nominations possible? Experts please advise.

shagdash

Sep 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is it possible to receive multiple provincial nominations at the same time? Ie if I have a nomination pending from one province on my myCIC profile, will I be able to receive another nomination from another province while the first nomination is still pending (ie I haven't accepted it yet?)
Also what are the chances that Ontario will nominate somebody who already has a nomination pending (but not yet accepted)
For eg., on the PT letter of interest from Ontario, it is mentioned that
"If a province nominates you and if you decline the PNP nomination, you will not be invited to apply under Ontario's nominee program". This statement is confusing - does it mean that if any other province nominates me and I decline that nomination, Ontario will NOT nominate me OR does it mean that if Ontario nominates me and I decline Ontario's nomination I will not get an ITA under OOPNP?
Any clarification will be appreciated.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Technically, you can only have one provincial nomination at a time in your myCIC account.
That means another province cannot send you a nomination when you have a nomination that is in a "pending" state in your myCIC account. You must decline it to be able to receive other nominations.
Nomination invitations in myCIC are only good for 30 days until they lapse. (If you can somehow get the PNP to resend the nomination, that's entirely up to them.)

"If a province nominates you and if you decline the PNP nomination, you will not be invited to apply under Ontario's nominee program". This statement is confusing - does it mean that if any other province nominates me and I decline that nomination, Ontario will NOT nominate me OR does it mean that if Ontario nominates me and I decline Ontario's nomination I will not get an ITA under OOPNP?
I think this is just bad wording or lack of personalization in an apparently boilerplate message, as some people reported the PEI PT notification had the same wording. I take it to mean the "province" in the statement refers to the province that nominated you, i.e. Ontario.