+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Multiple Questions - Quebec Family Sponsorhip

joannet

Star Member
Mar 6, 2017
Hello,

I have a few questions regarding immigrating under the Family Class Sponsorship. I've applied from within Canada (Quebec) and my husband is sponsoring me.

First one concerns processing time - is it 12 months from the day they've received the application or from when I received the email to link my application (There has been about a month delay for me)?

2. If my husband changes jobs during the time my application is processed, can this influence it negatively in any way? Do I need to do anything, like notifying CIC?

3. We have received the invitation to apply to Quebec's MIDI, for sponsor's evaluation, and we have submitted the application. How does that factor in the 4 months time frame for receiving my open work permit? Does the open work permit go to a different office and is it in some ways related to the Quebec processing time for my sponsor? When do those 4 months processing time for the open work permit start - at reception or from the email to link application?

Thank you!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
joannet said:
First one concerns processing time - is it 12 months from the day they've received the application or from when I received the email to link my application (There has been about a month delay for me)?

2. If my husband changes jobs during the time my application is processed, can this influence it negatively in any way? Do I need to do anything, like notifying CIC?

3. We have received the invitation to apply to Quebec's MIDI, for sponsor's evaluation, and we have submitted the application. How does that factor in the 4 months time frame for receiving my open work permit?
Hi

1. Date the app was received.

2. You don't need to notify IRCC about job changes.

3. It doesn't. The OWP depends only on when you submitted the PR app.