+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

multiple entry visitor visa-Medical insurance coverage period

maliiyer

Jan 20, 2013
Dear,

can any one in the forum who had taken a medical Insurance coverage for their parents visitor visa(Multiple Entry application) tell me the period of coverage taken, and the insurance coverage amount.

thanks in advance

maliiyer :(

Insurance-Broker

Apr 1, 2013
GTA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you are talking about super visa, than the minimum requirement is for $100,000 in coverage for 1 year.

Other than that, you are free to take any amount of insurance coverage deemed appropriate to cover their stay.

maliiyer

Jan 20, 2013
Dear ,

thanks for the reply, its Multiple entry visit visa, not super visa, I thing we made technical mistake in taking 3 months visa instead for 6 months travel plan already submitted with the application.

thank you, shall contact next time for M.I

Regards

Insurance-Broker

Apr 1, 2013
GTA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You need to make sure that the insurance term matches your visa duration.

Amount of coverage is not important if it's not super visa but you should still take adequate coverage in case something goes wrong here as medical bills do add up quickly

maliiyer

Jan 20, 2013
Dear,

this is what happened, before issuing the visa the embassy staff wanted us to take Med Insurance for the period of stay, but my son was mislead by some insurance co. staff he was advised to take 3 months and later it could be extended after landing, but the visa officer though otherwise, he thought we dont have enough fund for the travel and refused the application.

we will try again after few months.

Regards

Insurance-Broker

Apr 1, 2013
GTA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
maliiyer said:
Dear,

this is what happened, before issuing the visa the embassy staff wanted us to take Med Insurance for the period of stay, but my son was mislead by some insurance co. staff he was advised to take 3 months and later it could be extended after landing, but the visa officer though otherwise, he thought we dont have enough fund for the travel and refused the application.

we will try again after few months.

Regards
Insurance company staffs know their product but generally, they are not familiar with all possible scenarios that may cause problems in visa.

It's best to deal with a broker as we have access to multiple companies and we are up to date on visa requirements. Good luck next time and let me know if I can be of any help.