+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Multiple entry question for Visitor record holder and inland PR applicant

gtbond

May 15, 2013
Hello,

My wife is currently in Canada on Visitor record (expiring in March 2015) and we need to travel outside of Canada in December. I have applied to sponsor her via inland PR application in January 2014 and we are still waiting for her first stage approval (I currently have PR Card). We want to make sure that my wife can come back to Canada before we travel.

As visitor record doesn't allow re-entry to Canada. Can she apply for multiple entry? do we need to apply for visitor record extension and apply same time for multiple entry visa as I don't see any link on CIC website to apply for multiple entry visa?

Is TRV and Multiple Entry Visa same thing? If both are same then New temporary resident visa application can be done by only study or work permit holder according to this link? cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp.asp

Foster

Star Member
Dec 18, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 30, 2013
AOR Received.
May 31, 2013
Med's Done....
April 26, 2013
gtbond said:
Hello,

My wife is currently in Canada on Visitor record (expiring in March 2015) and we need to travel outside of Canada in December. I have applied to sponsor her via inland PR application in January 2014 and we are still waiting for her first stage approval (I currently have PR Card). We want to make sure that my wife can come back to Canada before we travel.

As visitor record doesn't allow re-entry to Canada. Can she apply for multiple entry? do we need to apply for visitor record extension and apply same time for multiple entry visa as I don't see any link on CIC website to apply for multiple entry visa?

Is TRV and Multiple Entry Visa same thing? If both are same then New temporary resident visa application can be done by only study or work permit holder according to this link? cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp.asp
If you have applied inland she cannot leave the country! You will jeopardize your application and will have to go through the process again. Also with the visitor record extension there is no guarantees she will be allowed back in. I highly recommend that you do not leave the country until all is said and done.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
gtbond said:
Hello,

What country is she from?

If not visa-exempt, it's risky to travel outside Canada with inland app in progress. Even if she has a TRV, it's always up to discretion of CBSA officer is she's admitted into Canada or not each time. If they let her in it's fine, but if she's refused entry for any reason the entire inland app would be cancelled.

pookieee

Aug 24, 2014
gtbond said:
Hello,

I am also an inland applicant and just extented my visitor record. I also wrote a letter of explanation saying that i would like to visit my family while waiting for PR process and need a multiple entry visa. But I only got another single entry visa. I think i got a single entry visa because I am from visa-exempt country.

amjad3126

Star Member
May 20, 2014
I sponser my spouse by inland application in early September 2014 and currently she should be on implied status, but at the same time i also applied for her visitor visa. They grant her visitor visa for three months, and her sponsorship application still pending as we can on see July 31, 2013 under process since last few months.

My question is that it will take approximately 1.5 -2 years from now to reach first stage. Is that wise to keep renewing her visa as visitor visa because i am scared if at some time they reject the extension of visitor visa than where should i stay.

She still can stay on implied status.

Please guide me in this regard.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
amjad3126 said:
I sponser my spouse by inland application in early September 2014 and currently she should be on implied status, but at the same time i also applied for her visitor visa. They grant her visitor visa for three months, and her sponsorship application still pending as we can on see July 31, 2013 under process since last few months.

My question is that it will take approximately 1.5 -2 years from now to reach first stage. Is that wise to keep renewing her visa as visitor visa because i am scared if at some time they reject the extension of visitor visa than where should i stay.

She still can stay on implied status.

Please guide me in this regard.
please stop posting the same question in multiple threads at the same time. contrary to what you may think, posting the question numerous times will actually yield less answers for you, it pisses members off and it's quite rude to hijack multiple threads at the same time. give people some time to actually answer your question before asking it again and again.