+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MULTIPLE ENTRY&HEALTH SURVEILANCE

emmeder

Oct 5, 2012
Hi all i hope somebody can enlighten and clarify this query; my mom receive a multiple entry visa, since they are allowed to stay max 2 years, renewing the travel insurance another year, say if my mom wants to stay for a whole year or even max the two years does she need to go home and come back every six months?

also, do i need return ticket or one way since 1 year is may be long for a return ticket or should she decide to stay 1 more year?

she was given a note with health surveillance, will this create conflict at the immigration officers once she reached canada or even the immigration officer in the phils, i have a very bad experience in the phils before i left, the immigration officers fry you with questions as if you are incoming, just for me to find out they wanted me to hand them money so they will not ask me anymore of the questions. i am afraid it is my mom first travel outside the country alone they will take advantage of her.

thank you

thank you.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

emmeder said:
Hi all i hope somebody can enlighten and clarify this query; my mom receive a multiple entry visa, since they are allowed to stay max 2 years, renewing the travel insurance another year, say if my mom wants to stay for a whole year or even max the two years does she need to go home and come back every six months?

also, do i need return ticket or one way since 1 year is may be long for a return ticket or should she decide to stay 1 more year?

she was given a note with health surveillance, will this create conflict at the immigration officers once she reached canada or even the immigration officer in the phils, i have a very bad experience in the phils before i left, the immigration officers fry you with questions as if you are incoming, just for me to find out they wanted me to hand them money so they will not ask me anymore of the questions. i am afraid it is my mom first travel outside the country alone they will take advantage of her.

thank you

thank you.
1. Did she receive a Super visa? or a regular multiple entry TRV? It makes a difference.
2. Assuming she received a Super visa, she can be admitted for 2 years. She doesn't have to leave and return during the period of her admission.
3. With a super visa, one way ticket is fine.
4. That is a problem with the Philippines Immigration, nothing to do with Canada.

emmeder

Oct 5, 2012
thank you so much for your response and help

i know that is a local issue, it is more of a warning to my co-filipinos