Interview........
no
Passport Req..
visa exempt- decision made 16-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-04-2015
LANDED..........
25-04-2015
I did my test at may 4 and unofficially passed 18/20 but at Friday I get email that I have to redo my test with MS team at 12 July. After I call, they told me my face during the test was not fully in camera. Anyone have had same situation? What to expect during this test? Any recommendations and suggestions?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I did my test at may 4 and unofficially passed 18/20 but at Friday I get email that I have to redo my test with MS team at 12 July. After I call, they told me my face during the test was not fully in camera. Anyone have had same situation? What to expect during this test? Any recommendations and suggestions?
Several people were in the same situation. You will do your re-test over MS-Teams orally with IRCC officials present. They will show you a PowerPoint slide with the questions and you'll answer those questions orally.

rabarbar

Apr 10, 2014
App. Filed.......
13-03-2014
AOR Received.
03-04-2014
Med's Request
23-09-2014
Med's Done....
04-10-2014
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
23-04-2015
LANDED..........
25-04-2015
Several people were in the same situation. You will do your re-test over MS-Teams orally with IRCC officials present. They will show you a PowerPoint slide with the questions and you'll answer those questions orally.
Thanks. Looks more stressful than normal version especially after 2 months when I think I forgot most of it. Time for study round 2

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Thanks. Looks more stressful than normal version especially after 2 months when I think I forgot most of it. Time for study round 2
Yeah, bad luck. Sorry it happened to you.

Wish you all the very best. Please keep us posted on how it goes.

Good luck this time!

rabarbar

Apr 10, 2014
App. Filed.......
13-03-2014
AOR Received.
03-04-2014
Med's Request
23-09-2014
Med's Done....
04-10-2014
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
23-04-2015
LANDED..........
25-04-2015
Yeah, bad luck. Sorry it happened to you.

Wish you all the very best. Please keep us posted on how it goes.

Good luck this time!
Sure as soon as I’m done with this test I’ll post more details. One more question it might sound stupid but since I have to do it on computer not tablet or phone and is oral, may I use it headphones? There is nothing mention about it at instruction. Or I should have extra microphone and speaker?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Sure as soon as I’m done with this test I’ll post more details. One more question it might sound stupid but since I have to do it on computer not tablet or phone and is oral, may I use it headphones? There is nothing mention about it at instruction. Or I should have extra microphone and speaker?
Should be okay, they might ask you to remove it (if it is a large headphone) when looking at your ID and then comparing it with your face but other than that, I don't see why you can't use a headphone.

Reactions: rabarbar

Stuntxd9

May 4, 2015
Visa Office......
KNGVO
App. Filed.......
April 2016
LANDED..........
Feb 2017
I wouldnt recommend you wearing a headphone. You dont want them thinking maybe you have person(s) helping you with the answers. Thats just my opinion.

Reactions: harirajmohan

rabarbar

Apr 10, 2014
App. Filed.......
13-03-2014
AOR Received.
03-04-2014
Med's Request
23-09-2014
Med's Done....
04-10-2014
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
23-04-2015
LANDED..........
25-04-2015
I wouldnt recommend you wearing a headphone. You dont want them thinking maybe you have person(s) helping you with the answers. Thats just my opinion.
I hope someone who already did that test with MS team can say something more. Now I’m being even more stressed. Headphones no headphones…. I’m afraid of doing test on my old laptop where I’m not sure about camera and everything. I would rather do in computer with brand new camera which I just bought to do my first test so I can be sure about quality, but I don’t wanna repeat test over and over or be qualified as cheater.

Stuntxd9

May 4, 2015
Visa Office......
KNGVO
App. Filed.......
April 2016
LANDED..........
Feb 2017
I hope someone who already did that test with MS team can say something more. Now I’m being even more stressed. Headphones no headphones…. I’m afraid of doing test on my old laptop where I’m not sure about camera and everything. I would rather do in computer with brand new camera which I just bought to do my first test so I can be sure about quality, but I don’t wanna repeat test over and over or be qualified as cheater.
Dont stress too much. You got this!

alex the king

Jun 24, 2017
Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
07-07-2016
AOR Received.
14-11-2016
Med's Request
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
11-01-2017
Passport Req..
27-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2017
LANDED..........
24-12-2017
Ok , First Relax and prepare well.
Keep your headset ready but don't start using.

Ask the officer what would be the best choice.

I am sure exam won't start like you join and the screen with questions and you say the answer.

The officer may have few details to tell you before you go ahead, a kind of how this procedure will go even though you got instructions. You can ask your headset question.

Reactions: rabarbar and BOYX

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Your best bet would be to simply ask the officer if it is okay to use headphones. If s/he says 'Yes', then go ahead. If they say 'No', then don't use it. No need to stress.

callaway73

Star Member
Aug 7, 2015
Toronto
It's really not that bad. I had to do it over MS Teams too and the agent was very nice and explained the whole process before we started the exam. You can ask them about the headphones before you start your test. You'll also get your official results right away.

Just prepare for it as if you would the normal test. I'd even say that the MS Teams test was more relaxing for me as I knew the agent was there should I have any questions about the process.

Fae7

Oct 18, 2016
It's really not that bad. I had to do it over MS Teams too and the agent was very nice and explained the whole process before we started the exam. You can ask them about the headphones before you start your test. You'll also get your official results right away.

Just prepare for it as if you would the normal test. I'd even say that the MS Teams test was more relaxing for me as I knew the agent was there should I have any questions about the process.
Was the exam on MS teams easier than the normal one ? Thanks

rabarbar

Apr 10, 2014
App. Filed.......
13-03-2014
AOR Received.
03-04-2014
Med's Request
23-09-2014
Med's Done....
04-10-2014
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
23-04-2015
LANDED..........
25-04-2015
Did my test yesterday and passed 20/20. Pretty much everything went great except glitch with link. I was late for my conference because my link didn’t work, but agent called me asking what happened and resent me link again. Me and agent both wears headphones(I asked specifically when I sent them my form about test) I think this test was much better then first one. I have my results right after and today update in my tracker.