+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MS in petroleum engineering

May 28, 2015
Hi,

I am about to receive my canadian PR and I want to pursue my Masters in Petroleum Engineering from University of Alberta (January Session 2016) but my concern is I have pursued my bachelors from Computer Science Engineering and have a work experience of approx 4.5 years with an IT firm.

Considering my under graduation and experience from a completely different field will my application be considered for admissions . If yes will my application be weak compared to others.

Regards,
Amrinder

abelkwh

Jul 30, 2009
AmrinderChattha said:
Hi,

I am about to receive my canadian PR and I want to pursue my Masters in Petroleum Engineering from University of Alberta (January Session 2016) but my concern is I have pursued my bachelors from Computer Science Engineering and have a work experience of approx 4.5 years with an IT firm.

Considering my under graduation and experience from a completely different field will my application be considered for admissions . If yes will my application be weak compared to others.

Regards,
Amrinder
You will probably need to take at least 5 to 10 undergraduate courses in petroleum to make up for the deficient courses in petroleum engineering. It also depends on your GPA from your first degree and also the university you graduated from.

Contact the university or apply and get admission then you will know what is required.

engrted

Aug 19, 2015
AmrinderChattha said:
Hi,

Regards,
Amrinder
Masters in Petroleum is a big leap and you need to have at least a slight experience in petroleum to really understand it.
Basically you will need some bachelors degree courses in petroleum to help prepare you for masters