+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MPNP 2017

A

abdisarockstar

Hi all, it's me again :p

I got a call AT WORK today from MPNP. Yes just for me. Not even for my employer. The kind lady said the reason for her call was only to tell me ways to apply for the extension of my work permit which expires November '17. She gave me two ways.(the usual closed work permit after the employer pays the $230 fee and stuff and the other being Bridging Open Work Permit).

My question is I asked her whether she has any questions for me at all. She said my application looks "fine" and there's nothing she needs to know.

Usually people get calls for their bosses and also for themselves but not in my case.

I'm wondering whether this is unusual or has happened with people. Mind you my timeline is roughly as follows:

Submitted in mid March 2017(Around 17-18th of the month)
Changed to assessment pending exactly 3 months after application received in June 2017.
Changed to assessment pending a couple weeks ago maybe.

Any views oh dear experts? Sorry for the long text. I'm verbose. All the time. :p

Rathod Dilip

Star Member
Jul 27, 2017
There is clause of close relative having PR and minimum stay for 1 year. Can I apply before completion of my close relative 01 year at Manitoba?? Please guide

Xhosa

Jul 25, 2017

I got a call AT WORK today from MPNP. Yes just for me. Not even for my employer. The kind lady said the reason for her call was only to tell me ways to apply for the extension of my work permit which expires November '17. She gave me two ways.(the usual closed work permit after the employer pays the $230 fee and stuff and the other being Bridging Open Work Permit).

My question is I asked her whether she has any questions for me at all. She said my application looks "fine" and there's nothing she needs to know.

Usually people get calls for their bosses and also for themselves but not in my case.

I'm wondering whether this is unusual or has happened with people. Mind you my timeline is roughly as follows:

Changed to assessment pending exactly 3 months after application received in June 2017.

Any views oh dear experts? Sorry for the long text. I'm verbose. All the time. :p
Hi,

I know a friend who's employer did not get a call and his file got approved. It's completely at discretion of your case office whether he wants to call your employer and it's not obligatory for them to call. You'll be fine :)

Reactions: abdisarockstar

Xhosa

Jul 25, 2017
My assessment shows Complete now. Haven't got any email regarding approval or rejection. Is this normal?

Xhosa

Jul 25, 2017

Any update on your PNP?

PTfdp

Mar 17, 2016

It looks very good! Congrats!
Hopefully my process will move forward too, specially because my visa will expire in one month.

A

abdisarockstar

Any update on your PNP?
Not yet. Actually I got a call yesterday again from the same officer asking whether I have decided which method of work permit renewal I'd like to proceed with. I told her I'd go with the BOWP. She said sounds good and hung up. I don't know what's going on here to be honest :p

Did you get an email? *hoping for a yes*

Xhosa

Jul 25, 2017
Yes I got my nomination. However, I am curious that my job falls under NOC A (1122). Do I need an ielts for applying PR. The website says that IELTS is mandatory for NOC C and D.

In your case, why are they wasting time on asking these stupid questions. Just give the PNP and we'll take care of the rest.

A

abdisarockstar

Yes I got my nomination. However, I am curious that my job falls under NOC A (1122). Do I need an ielts for applying PR. The website says that IELTS is mandatory for NOC C and D.

In your case, why are they wasting time on asking these stupid questions. Just give the PNP and we'll take care of the rest.
Excellent. Many congratulations friend. And I feel ya.

About the IELTS I have no clue, sorry. I personally had appeared for CELPIP General in February 2017. So I'm hoping it'll count so I'm going to send them a copy of my results anyway. I needed it to accumulate some points for my PNP EOI or whatever.

I'm hoping experts here will provide their inputs

jabba1

Star Member
Feb 4, 2017
Finally we got nominated!
Timeline
17/3- EOI

30/3-LAA

1/4 - application filed to MPNP

5/4 - MPNP file number

30/6 - assesment pending

15/08 - assessment in process

29/08 - assessment complete

31/08 - nomination e-mail (dated 28/08)

Does not having employment restriction on certificate make any difference? :)