+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Moving to Toronto in November first week 2017

piyush_h

Star Member
Feb 25, 2017
Hello Guys,

I am creating a new thread for all those Indian's planning to Land at Toronto in November- 2017. The Purpose of this thread is to help each other in the settlement of the new culture, new environment , find the better housing , help in finding the employment or at least survivor job until you find your job. So guys come and join and let's rock the Toronto with each other.

See you soon there.

Thanks
Piyush

piyush_h

Star Member
Feb 25, 2017
I am landing on 1st November in Toronto.
Hi Ritu,

Can you please share if you have applied for reference letter from Indian RTO? Also, how you are looking for places to stay.
I have heard that kijiji is the best source.

Thanks
Piyush

sg02

Star Member
Jan 7, 2017
We are planning to landing in Toronto by end of October.

For Housing I think most of the people go for 1/2 bedroom Basements, but we are trying to get 1 bhk Apartment home/Flat.

There are generally 3-4 floor Apartment Homes especially built for Rent (managed by professional builders, very popular in USA). Not sure if there will be something available in $800-$1000.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We are planning to landing in Toronto by end of October.

For Housing I think most of the people go for 1/2 bedroom Basements, but we are trying to get 1 bhk Apartment home/Flat.

There are generally 3-4 floor Apartment Homes especially built for Rent (managed by professional builders, very popular in USA). Not sure if there will be something available in $800-$1000.
Yes you can find something like that. but NOT in Toronto. Try to go like 1500 for any decent locality in Toronto. If you want that price range you need to find something good 1.5 to 2 hours to drive to Toronto.

Good luck.

sg02

Star Member
Jan 7, 2017
Yes you can find something like that. but NOT in Toronto. Try to go like 1500 for any decent locality in Toronto. If you want that price range you need to find something good 1.5 to 2 hours to drive to Toronto.

Good luck.
Thanks for the overview. We will plan for $1200 in that case. We both haven't got jobs yet (most of the employers want to take in-person interviews.) Hopefully once we both get jobs in Software field, going upto $1500 for 1 bhk apartment shouldn't be a problem.

Is there any particular area in or around Toronto, where most of the IT companies are located ? We can plan to search apartments in 30-40 mins range where we have higher chances of getting Software jobs.

jijocanada

Aug 25, 2017
Is there any particular area in or around Toronto, where most of the IT companies are located ? We can plan to search apartments in 30-40 mins range where we have higher chances of getting Software jobs.
In Toronto IT companies are spread across different parts of city. But you will find most in downtown, Markham(404/Hwy 7 area) or in Mississauga(Eglinton).

piyush_h

Star Member
Feb 25, 2017
Hi Guys,

I am looking for a temporary decent place to stay on sharing basis for 1-2 months, can you please help me if any of us is searching for the same.
Also, what could be the basement apartments? are they any good?

Thanks
Piyush

Kay_Can17

May 10, 2017
Hi all - most probably will be landing in TO in the first week of November.

Would to stay in the downtown area and been browsing through kijiji for stay options.

Going by the rent situation (~2-2.5K pm) for a 1 bedroom Condo, guess it would be best to share an apartment with someone else.

Anyone looking for roommates? :)

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all - most probably will be landing in TO in the first week of November.

Would to stay in the downtown area and been browsing through kijiji for stay options.

Going by the rent situation (~2-2.5K pm) for a 1 bedroom Condo, guess it would be best to share an apartment with someone else.

Anyone looking for roommates? :)
Unless that condo has 2 closable rooms, I do not think you will find anybody wanting to rent with you in a long term. Sleeping in an open living room might be OK for a few days, but not really the option for any long term. It might be a good idea to go for something smaller instead or then again to go for something bigger (a house with several rooms, where you can split). Another idea would be to take a room for yourself instead.
Anyway good luck there.

Kay_Can17

May 10, 2017
Unless that condo has 2 closable rooms, I do not think you will find anybody wanting to rent with you in a long term. Sleeping in an open living room might be OK for a few days, but not really the option for any long term. It might be a good idea to go for something smaller instead or then again to go for something bigger (a house with several rooms, where you can split). Another idea would be to take a room for yourself instead.
Anyway good luck there.
Thanks a lot for the pointers Vensak. Totally agree. I see that my call out was indeed misleading. Of course I had meant sharing a 2 bedroom or (1 bd + den) type Condo. Absolutely agree peeps wouldn't be comfortable sharing a 1 bd with a stranger :)