+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Moving to quebec after applying for outland spousal sponsorship

ashishsharma

Mar 14, 2015
I submitted spousal sponsorship (outland) application from B.C. last month to sponsor my wife. I am now thinking of moving to Quebec for several reasons. I have few questions:

1) Would it impact the spousal sponsorship application if I move to Quebec?

2) Is it better to move now, or after AOR, or after Sponsor approval? (or doesn't make a difference)?

3) Would I have to follow Quebec process and get CSQ for my wife?

4) In the application, my wife mentioned B.C. as the province in which she "intent to live". Does she have to inform CIC and update it to Quebec or she can still intend to live in B.C.?

5) Do I have to inform CIC about my move? My B.C. mailing address would still be valid (since my relative stay at that address).

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I submitted spousal sponsorship (outland) application from B.C. last month to sponsor my wife. I am now thinking of moving to Quebec for several reasons. I have few questions:

1) Would it impact the spousal sponsorship application if I move to Quebec?

2) Is it better to move now, or after AOR, or after Sponsor approval? (or doesn't make a difference)?

3) Would I have to follow Quebec process and get CSQ for my wife?

4) In the application, my wife mentioned B.C. as the province in which she "intent to live". Does she have to inform CIC and update it to Quebec or she can still intend to live in B.C.?

5) Do I have to inform CIC about my move? My B.C. mailing address would still be valid (since my relative stay at that address).
1. Yes. You will need a CSQ.

2. Doesn't make a difference.

3. Yes.

4. No, she doesn't need to update IRCC.

5. Yes, you need to change your address with IRCC.

Reactions: ashishsharma

ashishsharma

Mar 14, 2015
1. Yes. You will need a CSQ.

2. Doesn't make a difference.
Thanks @canuck_in_uk.

Will a CSQ be required even if I move to Quebec after the file has moved to Local Visa Office (NDVO) (after SA)?

Just to understand clearly, is it that I will have to follow CSQ process if I move anytime before my wife application is complete (till landing)?

Also, does the CSQ process delays the overall processing (or is it still within 12 months processing time)? (This post seems to suggest that it doesn't delay the overall application https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/quebec-outland-sponsorship-spouse-waiting-time.459053/)

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I understand you are moving to Quebec so you can qualify for PGP have you established if you can work in Ontario and still qualify for PGP after 1 year. I believe you have to work in Quebec as well. If you don't speak French you may find in challenging to meet LICO except a few IT jobs.

ashishsharma

Mar 14, 2015
I understand you are moving to Quebec so you can qualify for PGP have you established if you can work in Ontario and still qualify for PGP after 1 year. I believe you have to work in Quebec as well. If you don't speak French you may find in challenging to meet LICO except a few IT jobs.
Thanks @canuck78 for the concern, appreciate that.

That's one of the reason for moving. Also, cost of living is much better in Montreal as compared to Vancouver. Have few other reasons as well.

I haven't yet confirmed about working in Ontario thing, but I am mostly leaning towards Montreal. My employer has an office in Montreal and I should be able to get an internal transfer. I do work in I.T. (software development). I will be able to meet the LICO requirements.

Should I be very concerned about the impact of moving to Quebec on ongoing spousal sponsorship application? or it's just little bit more paperwork, without significant delay in overall processing time.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks @canuck_in_uk.

Will a CSQ be required even if I move to Quebec after the file has moved to Local Visa Office (NDVO) (after SA)?

Just to understand clearly, is it that I will have to follow CSQ process if I move anytime before my wife application is complete (till landing)?

Also, does the CSQ process delays the overall processing (or is it still within 12 months processing time)? (This post seems to suggest that it doesn't delay the overall application https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/quebec-outland-sponsorship-spouse-waiting-time.459053/)
Yes, you need a CSQ if you move to Quebec at any point before your wife lands as a PR.

Check the Quebec website for CSQ processing times.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
A person doesn't have to work in Quebec.

sunshinemrc

Dec 16, 2013
Thanks @canuck78 for the concern, appreciate that.

That's one of the reason for moving. Also, cost of living is much better in Montreal as compared to Vancouver. Have few other reasons as well.

I haven't yet confirmed about working in Ontario thing, but I am mostly leaning towards Montreal. My employer has an office in Montreal and I should be able to get an internal transfer. I do work in I.T. (software development). I will be able to meet the LICO requirements.

Should I be very concerned about the impact of moving to Quebec on ongoing spousal sponsorship application? or it's just little bit more paperwork, without significant delay in overall processing time.

I just thought I’d point out that although cost of living is cheaper (actually just housing is a cheaper when compared to BC) keep in mind that if you make around $100K you will pay approximately $8000 more in income tax to what you are currently paying in BC. Just something to think about.

ashishsharma

Mar 14, 2015
Yes, you need a CSQ if you move to Quebec at any point before your wife lands as a PR.
My wife recently got Passport request. She is currently in India. She was originally planning to come back to Canada in Jan/Feb. We want to avoid going through CSQ process if possible.

Should she come back and land as a PR asap, before I move to Quebec?

Or is it ok if I move to Quebec now, and she lands later on (landing in Vancouver)?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
My wife recently got Passport request. She is currently in India. She was originally planning to come back to Canada in Jan/Feb. We want to avoid going through CSQ process if possible.

Should she come back and land as a PR asap, before I move to Quebec?

Or is it ok if I move to Quebec now, and she lands later on (landing in Vancouver)?
As I said, if you move to Quebec before she becomes a PR, she will need a CSQ.

Reactions: Buletruck

degm

May 31, 2017
As I said, if you move to Quebec before she becomes a PR, she will need a CSQ.
@canuck_in_uk @scylla

Hello all! I'm in a similar situation as the OP, however in my case I am already approved as a sponsor and my spouse has received a pre-arrival services letter. I contacted IRCC many months ago to request the CSQ letter along with an address change. They changed the address but I haven't received the letter. They have also moved the application forward to more advanced stages. What would you advice that I do in this case? Should I send them another webform? Any feedback is much appreciated. TIA!

frange

May 25, 2018
@canuck_in_uk @scylla

Hello all! I'm in a similar situation as the OP, however in my case I am already approved as a sponsor and my spouse has received a pre-arrival services letter. I contacted IRCC many months ago to request the CSQ letter along with an address change. They changed the address but I haven't received the letter. They have also moved the application forward to more advanced stages. What would you advice that I do in this case? Should I send them another webform? Any feedback is much appreciated. TIA!
What is your timeline?

degm

May 31, 2017
What is your timeline?
Hi frange,

Here's a rough timeline:

Application sent: August 2019
AOR: September 2019
Biometrics: October 2019
Medicals: November 2019
Sent to Mexico VO: December 2019
PCC: June 2021

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

kazawi1001

Sep 28, 2022
Can you update us please because i wanna move to quebec and i already submitted the ouland sponsorship for my wife from alberta