+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Moving to Montreal without PR

Feb 27, 2022
Hello,

I'm currently under the PGWP and working full-time. My brother lives in Montreal and it's a city that I have intentions to move to - I live in Winnipeg; since I work from home and my company has an office there. From what I have studied, if nothing changes, it'd be possible to apply for my PR by the end of this year.

My doubt is if I decide to move to Montreal before applying for my PR, will that prejudice my profile for it? Since Quebec has its own immigration rules and process.

Thanks in advance!

João

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,

I'm currently under the PGWP and working full-time. My brother lives in Montreal and it's a city that I have intentions to move to - I live in Winnipeg; since I work from home and my company has an office there. From what I have studied, if nothing changes, it'd be possible to apply for my PR by the end of this year.

My doubt is if I decide to move to Montreal before applying for my PR, will that prejudice my profile for it? Since Quebec has its own immigration rules and process.

Thanks in advance!

João
If you move to Quebec you would have to go through the Quebec immigration program. How is your French? Would be much easier and faster if you remained in Winnipeg.