+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Moving to Canada in a few years. Seeking advice

freddie787

Mar 6, 2015
Hi there,
I'm freddie, I'm 14 years old, and I live in the UK.
I have a friend who lives in Montreal and we had plans that I move over there to start a YouTube channel together. I would just like to know what I am required to have to move into Montreal in 4 years time (When I'm 18) and become a permanent resident/citizen, as a boy with no criminal record, nothing against my name, and an innocent 14 year old.
Thank you for your time in reading this, and hopefully replying with some helpful information.
Thanks again,
Freddie

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
It very likely won't be possible for you to move to Canada and become a PR at the age of 18. I would recommend that you start by reading through Canada's immigration programs to see what is required to apply. You can find this information here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/apply.asp

Typically you need at least one year of full time and skilled/semi-skilled work experience. In a number of cases you also need a full time job offer in Canada.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

scylla said:
It very likely won't be possible for you to move to Canada and become a PR at the age of 18. I would recommend that you start by reading through Canada's immigration programs to see what is required to apply. You can find this information here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/apply.asp

Typically you need at least one year of full time and skilled/semi-skilled work experience. In a number of cases you also need a full time job offer in Canada.
1. The OP would probably want to look into the IEC (International Experience Canada) when he turns 18. If the program stays the same, he could come to Canada with an open work permit valid for 2 years. This would give him a "feel" for the place.