+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

moving to another province

goibi

Jun 26, 2010
Hi.If my PR has landed already,can I move to another province to settle together with my relatives?If yes,when could this be possible?will the province where i got nominated allow this?reply please!

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You are free to do so. You can read this older post.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/is-it-illegal-for-me-to-do-this-t45853.0.html

goibi

Jun 26, 2010
even though I just got my PR 3mos ago?or sooner after my PR has landed?I'm just worried of the province where I got nominated might run after me and take my PR back.thanks!

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, the government usually don't run after you. Read this for details:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/is-it-illegal-for-me-to-do-this-t45853.0.html

goibi

Jun 26, 2010
ok thanks.and..do you have an idea on how long the processing of SINP application?from the very first you submitted and approval from SINP up to federal?because we used an agency that would work on our applications,and that was last february.after a month we recieve da letter from the government confirming that our applications for SINP were been forwarded tp them already.but since then, until now,no words from them yet.thank you and hope to see your post again.

J1visa

Star Member
Jul 5, 2009
You can move to another province after you landed, but it is only legal if you changed your mind some months after you landed. Here you had a plan to cheat the system before applying for PR. Immigration officers usually look at this forum and they know about this kind of cheating. We should not abuse the system as someone actually needs to move to another province will be treated as illegal as you though they are not.

goibi

Jun 26, 2010
ok.I am not planning to move as soon as I got my PR already.I just wanna know if I can move even I will not finish the 2yrs(what they say) pf stay after pr has landed.got other question...our papers are already processed for SINP and they,ve been there for 5mos already and no news about them yet...we used teh ACTYL agency to work for our papers.can we do follow-up in the immigration?

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
goibi said:
ok.I am not planning to move as soon as I got my PR already.I just wanna know if I can move even I will not finish the 2yrs(what they say) pf stay after pr has landed.got other question...our papers are already processed for SINP and they,ve been there for 5mos already and no news about them yet...we used teh ACTYL agency to work for our papers.can we do follow-up in the immigration?
you can move to a different province nothing can stop you. you may have to provide a reasoning at time of your citizenship why you moved away from the province sponsoring you. nothing is illegal. it contradicts your what you declared on the cic application.

JGK

Star Member
Jul 16, 2010
Vegreville, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo (File Moved to Detroit July 2011)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-09-2010
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
31-05-2010
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
01-03-2011
Med's Done....
22-03-2011
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
13-09-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2011
LANDED..........
12-10-2011
goibi said:
ok thanks.and..do you have an idea on how long the processing of SINP application?from the very first you submitted and approval from SINP up to federal?because we used an agency that would work on our applications,and that was last february.after a month we recieve da letter from the government confirming that our applications for SINP were been forwarded tp them already.but since then, until now,no words from them yet.thank you and hope to see your post again.
My SINP application took less than a month, submitted May 2, receipt notification May 12 and approved on may 31 2010. I did the paperwork myself (with my employer) and didn't use an agent.