+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

moving to another province while waiting for CEC Draw

DH0408

Feb 6, 2022
Hello all,

I am a little confused. I have my file in pool but still waiting for the CRS Cut off score to lower down for an invitation. I have been waiting for a while now. Due to some reason I have to move to Alberta.
My question is that if I move will that affect my case ? Does anyone has any idea. I would really appreciate it.

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hello all,

I am a little confused. I have my file in pool but still waiting for the CRS Cut off score to lower down for an invitation. I have been waiting for a while now. Due to some reason I have to move to Alberta.
My question is that if I move will that affect my case ? Does anyone has any idea. I would really appreciate it.
Did you get PNP nomination certificate?

DH0408

Feb 6, 2022
Any province restriction?
I am not sure about the answer to this question, I mean I know PNP candidates have to stay in a particular province for a certain time. But I just applied under NOC B (1 yr experience) CEC Ontario.

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
I am not sure about the answer to this question, I mean I know PNP candidates have to stay in a particular province for a certain time. But I just applied under NOC B (1 yr experience) CEC Ontario.
If you had selected a particular province then you should stick with it.

cz999

Feb 1, 2020
NOC Code......
If you don’t have an Ontario nomination, you are good to move anywhere other than Quebec as a CEC applicant

Reactions: klubsoda

SatNight

Dec 2, 2017
I don't think there are any restrictions (I am 99.9% sure of it). However, to be safe, it is always useful to select all the provinces because if you don't, they can't nominate you. However, if you are sure you would not accept any other PNP nomination except Ontario, go with it. Even if you live in Alberta when you receive a provincial nomination from Ontario, you can move back to Ontario after that.

In general, CEC is not restricted to any province.