+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Moving out of the nominated province

atony8304

Jan 30, 2023
Canada
Hi,

Im new in this forum.

I have a query about moving out of the nominated province.

I am a SINP nominee and IT professional, who received PR in 2022. I did a soft landing last year and moved back to India. I'm moving back to Canada in a couple of months.

I see very few job opportunities in SK for IT professionals, particularly in my area of expertise. I applied lot of jobs in SK eventhough it is not exactly matching with my skill sets and no response received. However, I am getting responses from employers in other provinces, such as Ontario and British Columbia.

Can I accept a job in another province and move on? What are the consequences for my PR and future citizenship? I see mixed responses in this forum. Anyone here had issues because they did not live in the nominated province?

Any leads in this direction are helpful.

ragolliangatan

Jun 1, 2021
Hi,

Im new in this forum.

I have a query about moving out of the nominated province.

I am a SINP nominee and IT professional, who received PR in 2022. I did a soft landing last year and moved back to India. I'm moving back to Canada in a couple of months.

I see very few job opportunities in SK for IT professionals, particularly in my area of expertise. I applied lot of jobs in SK eventhough it is not exactly matching with my skill sets and no response received. However, I am getting responses from employers in other provinces, such as Ontario and British Columbia.

Can I accept a job in another province and move on? What are the consequences for my PR and future citizenship? I see mixed responses in this forum. Anyone here had issues because they did not live in the nominated province?

Any leads in this direction are helpful.
you might get issues when it comes to Citizenship, but you're protected by freedom of movement- so you won't get any issues on that front. At the same time you have a paper trail that you tried to find a job in SK and it wasn't working out.

Just out of interest why did you apply for SINP in particular? Ontario and BC are generally know to be provinces where IT jobs are pretty easy to come by.

Last edited:

atony8304

Jan 30, 2023
Canada
Thank you for the reply.

Considering my age, SINP was the best option for me. I applied with the intention of settling in Saskatchewan but soon realized finding a job in my area of expertise is difficult.

You mentioned that when it comes to citizenship, I may face issues. Is it the same for the PR card renewal as well? Will my family also face the same issue since I am the primary applicant?

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
I think as long as you showed an intention to live in Saskatchewan at the time you applied for and gained PR - and your circumstances changed later - like you said you are struggling to find good jobs - I think you're fine. The Charter protects you. CIC will likely ask about it but they can't really use that against you. The only time they would take an issue with it, to my understanding, is you blatantly said something like "My aim was always to live in BC, I just used SINP for PR."

atony8304

Jan 30, 2023
Canada
I think as long as you showed an intention to live in Saskatchewan at the time you applied for and gained PR - and your circumstances changed later - like you said you are struggling to find good jobs - I think you're fine. The Charter protects you. CIC will likely ask about it but they can't really use that against you. The only time they would take an issue with it, to my understanding, is you blatantly said something like "My aim was always to live in BC, I just used SINP for PR."
Thank you for the reply.

Jack saroya

Aug 16, 2016
I lived for a year in Saskatchewan and searched hard for my profession job. Very less IT companies around that time so i didnt get much response. Probably 2 IT interviews and i couldnt pass any of them, so after a year i decided to move out.

Miracle2018

Jan 3, 2018
I lived for a year in Saskatchewan and searched hard for my profession job. Very less IT companies around that time so i didnt get much response. Probably 2 IT interviews and i couldnt pass any of them, so after a year i decided to move out.
Did you face any issues with citizenship or PR renewal thereafter?

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
I think actually “ living “ in a province that sponsored one is showing intent .
They never even lived in it.
They soft landed and LEFT.
Do they have anything to show a connection to SK ? DL ? Healthcare card ? Lease ? Anything?
Postcard of the Legislature in Regina ?
Cypress Hills ?
More than likely not . That’s how people get on someone’s radar.
People throw around “ Well the charter “ like it’s a get out of jail card

Last edited:

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
I think actually “ living “ in a province that sponsored one is showing intent .
They never even lived in it.
They soft landed and LEFT.
Do they have anything to show a connection to SK ? DL ? Healthcare card ? Lease ? Anything?
Postcard of the Legislature in Regina ?
Cypress Hills ?
More than likely not . That’s how people get on someone’s radar.
People throw around “ Well the charter “ like a get out of jail card
It's def not a get out of jail card and highly circumstantial in each case.

The issue also is how does IRCC possibly police this and how do the courts deem the factors of connection, intention and action on the applicant's part? What's to say someone moves to SK based purely on skills (so no work or connections), stays in an Airbnb for 2 months, can't find a job and is forced to leave because the only employer who would give them a job is based in Prince George?

atony8304

Jan 30, 2023
Canada
Hi,

Is it a good idea to raise a webform and write to the IRCC about the situation and check with them whether moving out of the province is an issue or not?
Settling somewhere require lot of money also.

Do you think it will have a negative impact to put me on their radar?

Last edited: