21-9-2009
AOR Received.
04-12-2009
File Transfer...
26-03-2010
Med's Request
06-04-2010
Dear Friends,

What will be the procedures for landed immigrants to move from one province to another?

Actually I landed lastyear in Ontario, completed PR applications, SIN cards applications and returned to home country. Now, I would like to move to Alberta permanently. In that case, what should I do to transfer the address or other things to the new province?

Your help is highly appreciated.

Gaizin

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

gaizin said:
Dear Friends,

What will be the procedures for landed immigrants to move from one province to another?

Actually I landed lastyear in Ontario, completed PR applications, SIN cards applications and returned to home country. Now, I would like to move to Alberta permanently. In that case, what should I do to transfer the address or other things to the new province?

Your help is highly appreciated.

Gaizin
You can move whether you want. You don't have to tell anyone. You will need to wait 3 months for medical coverage in Alberta though, as you were previously "landed"

gaizin

Star Member
Oct 7, 2009
Tokyo
Category........
Visa Office......
Tokyo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-9-2009
AOR Received.
04-12-2009
File Transfer...
26-03-2010
Med's Request
06-04-2010
Dear PMM,

In the case of landed immigrants, if you go directly to Alberta in second time (without dropping to another province), they will treat you as a fresh settler, isn't it? I talked to Alberta Health Insurance consultant through the telephone, and they answered in this way.
Please suggest me whether this is true or not?

If they donot cover the health insurance, I have to postpone my landing process.

So, your feedback is highly appreciated.

Regards,
gaizin

devilhimselff

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2005
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yep...
You can read this:
AHCIP registration requirements
http://www.health.alberta.ca/AHCIP/Q-register-requirements.html

Interesting discussion....will keep an eye :)

Application processing

You are not covered for medical services under the Alberta Health Care Insurance Plan until all the required information is received and your application is processed. However, any medical services you receive and pay for before your application is processed may be reimbursed once you have your personal health card and can show eligibility for the period when you received the services.

The effective date of your coverage will be determined based on the following:

If you move to Alberta from within Canada your coverage begins the first day of the third month following the date you establish permanent residency here;
For example, if you establish permanent residency in Alberta on July 12, your coverage is effective October 1.

If you move to Alberta from outside of Canada your coverage begins on your date of arrival in Alberta, once all registration validation requirements are met.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

devilhimselff said:
You can read this:
AHCIP registration requirements
http://www.health.alberta.ca/AHCIP/Q-register-requirements.html

Interesting discussion....will keep an eye :)

Application processing

You are not covered for medical services under the Alberta Health Care Insurance Plan until all the required information is received and your application is processed. However, any medical services you receive and pay for before your application is processed may be reimbursed once you have your personal health card and can show eligibility for the period when you received the services.

The effective date of your coverage will be determined based on the following:

If you move to Alberta from within Canada your coverage begins the first day of the third month following the date you establish permanent residency here;
For example, if you establish permanent residency in Alberta on July 12, your coverage is effective October 1.

If you move to Alberta from outside of Canada your coverage begins on your date of arrival in Alberta, once all registration validation requirements are met.

In the case of the OP s/he was previously "landed" whether s/he remained in Ontario, is not germaine, s/he now considered moving within Canada.

devilhimselff

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2005
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yep...
PMM said:
Hi

In the case of the OP s/he was previously "landed" whether s/he remained in Ontario, is not germaine, s/he now considered moving within Canada.
O I guess... that should be right.

gaizin

Star Member
Oct 7, 2009
Tokyo
Category........
Visa Office......
Tokyo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-9-2009
AOR Received.
04-12-2009
File Transfer...
26-03-2010
Med's Request
06-04-2010
Dear PMM,
thank you for your comment.
I talked a gentleman in Aleberta Helath insurance office a couple of weeks ago after discussing this issue in this forum, the gentnleman whom I talked in telphone had the same view as the most of members expressed in this forum.
i.e. if you have applied for OHIP, then you will be considered relocating within Canada. In my case, I never applied for OHIP, as I came back to my home country without applying OHIP, then they will consider me as a fresh settler i.e. no wait time if I move to Alberta directly from home country without a stopover at a different province.

As this issue is very critical to me, I will confirm again with the AHIP people.

devilhimselff said:
O I guess... that should be right.

gaizin

Star Member
Oct 7, 2009
Tokyo
Category........
Visa Office......
Tokyo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-9-2009
AOR Received.
04-12-2009
File Transfer...
26-03-2010
Med's Request
06-04-2010
Dear All,

One update from Alberta Health Insurance Program.

If talked to AHIP people via telephone, the answer was the same as I got before
I will be treated as a fresh settler (i.e. no wait time) because I do not have OHIP now and never applied.
I donot know the reasons but according to the lady, I should fly directly to Alberta from my home country without a stopover in another Canadian Province for this.
I will update here again the real scenario whether I will get AHIP after I landed there at the end of this month.

Gaizin

kim2011

Mar 23, 2011
Hi Gaizin

Please update about your landing in Alberta, did you receive your health card?
Regards