+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MOVING FROM EUROPE TO CANADA Please help!

desislava

Nov 14, 2011
Hello!

My name is Desi and i have a lot of questions regarding moving from My home country Bulgaria to Canada.
I want to become permanent residence there and i would also like to work.
I would like to get a "Canadian Citizenship". I have already started to study and learn about Canada
I have graduated from high school with 94% average and an average of 98% in English.
I have a diploma to teach kids under the age of 18 here in Europe.
I know English fluently and as well as french.
I have my best friend that lives there and she is a Canadian citizen, and has sent me an invite to come there.
But im thinking more or less to live there
School wise, i am not planning to pursue there, some coarses i do intend taking
example, being able to teach languages to immigrants, broker.
Meanwhile while studying, working part time.

Please let me know every step i need to take, to immigrate to Canada and being able to work.
I do have my Passport, i don't know what other steps i need to take.
to get to there and to stay and work there.

Thank you very much!

Ps. I am 19 years old 1rst year in university

ana_ana

Star Member
Jun 9, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-2010
AOR Received.
2nd 07-2010
IELTS Request
07-10-2010
File Transfer...
in process 31-01-2011
Med's Request
24-05-2011
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
Start with this link
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/index.asp
everything you need is there. Read that first

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
desislava said:
Hello!

My name is Desi and i have a lot of questions regarding moving from My home country Bulgaria to Canada.
I want to become permanent residence there and i would also like to work.
I would like to get a "Canadian Citizenship". I have already started to study and learn about Canada
I have graduated from high school with 94% average and an average of 98% in English.
I have a diploma to teach kids under the age of 18 here in Europe.
I know English fluently and as well as french.
I have my best friend that lives there and she is a Canadian citizen, and has sent me an invite to come there.
But im thinking more or less to live there
School wise, i am not planning to pursue there, some coarses i do intend taking
example, being able to teach languages to immigrants, broker.
Meanwhile while studying, working part time.

Please let me know every step i need to take, to immigrate to Canada and being able to work.
I do have my Passport, i don't know what other steps i need to take.
to get to there and to stay and work there.

Thank you very much!

Ps. I am 19 years old 1rst year in university
Hello, and welcome to the forum!

The specifics of how to apply depend on what type of application you are making (this forum is also divided up by type of application since the requirements are different). You can see the types of applications at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/index.asp

There's also a tool on the website that helps you determine options that may be available to you at http://www.cic.gc.ca/app/ctcvac/english/qc100

While there are many federal immigration categories under which to apply you need to meet the requirements for each. For example, from your description, it sounds like you don't have immediate family in Canada and haven't worked in Canada so that means Family Sponsorship and Canadian Experience Class are out. You aren't investing or starting a company so entrepreneurial and investor visas don't apply (not a big deal since they are currently on hold anyway). If you aren't intending on studying, student visas aren't an option. However, you may apply for a skilled worker visa depending on the work experience you have. If you qualify, your language skills will be an asset as you calculate your points.

Good luck on your journey!

desislava

Nov 14, 2011
Thanks, very useful!
Just how long do you think it will take once i send the applications to get a response back?
Would i be able to go there with a visa for temporarily and finish the process of staying there permanently, once i am in canada?

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
desislava said:
Thanks, very useful!
Just how long do you think it will take once i send the applications to get a response back?
It depends on the type of application - see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp

desislava said:
Would i be able to go there with a visa for temporarily and finish the process of staying there permanently, once i am in canada?
Again, it depends on the type of application (e.g., for certain family applicants you can apply inland)

Take a look at cic.gc.ca and the other links in my prior post and determine what stream(s) you qualify for. Once you determine that, there is a wealth of information in specific sub-forums and you can ask additional questions that folks can help you answer specifically.