+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Moving back to canada

Kampnue66

May 14, 2013
Dear , please assist me to understand my situation

I have done landing with family in2009 june, we stayed 2 months after landing and got our cards.

We left after that to address some issues back home, i went one more time after that to canada and stayed another month , family did not .

So we are 4 yeas out , minor time inside, we are planning to move to canada for good this june 2013 :my questions is :

1. At airport what should i tell the officer if he asked how long have we been out ?
2. How the officer will know if i claim for example 6 month only out as all passports are all new .
3. What is my possibilities ?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
1) the truth.
2) they will probably know. The new passports might be enough to alert them to start asking difficult questions.
3) you may be reported and your PR may be revoked, unless you win an appeal.

Kampnue66

May 14, 2013
Thank you

How do you advice me to solve this issue as im very interesting in Canada

What is the percentage of pr being revoked ?

If i explained to them we are staying would the officer accept it or he must report me ?

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kampnue66 said:
Thank you

How do you advice me to solve this issue as im very interesting in Canada

What is the percentage of pr being revoked ?

If i explained to them we are staying would the officer accept it or he must report me ?
There are no definitive statistics on PR revocation but from posts in this forum many people with a valid PR Card don't get reported at entry. Those who have problems are those who enter knowing they don't meet the residence obligation but rush to apply for their PR Card or to sponsor family before they spend 2 years in Canada to get their PR status back in good standing. The rush is usually to go back to a job abroad and needing a PR card as a glorified visitor visa for re-entry to Canada.

You took the risk of getting reported because CIC inform all PRs of the residence obligation...if you have a compelling reason for being abroad e.g. medical issues then the border agent may let it slide or report you anyway. If he/she reports you can appeal...if your absence was due to employment or other lifestyle reasons then your appeal would fail and you would have to leave Canada.