Passport Req..
14-12-11
VISA ISSUED...
05-01-12
LANDED..........
27-01-2012
Hi guys.

I have a question;

I am in a process of getting my PR and I think I am fairly close to the end.
I am not planning to move to different provience where I was nominated through PNP. I am planning to move back to my home country for about 6 months or so. Would it be a problem if I moved back to my home country right after PR card was issued?

Let me know

Thanks
sheltieaholic

latitudeqd

May 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Transfered to Ottawa Oct 31,2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-09-2011
AOR Received.
31-10-2011
File Transfer...
31-10-2011
Med's Request
31-10-2011
Med's Done....
Medical done on Nov 8, Ecas updated on Dec 16
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
it doesn't matter, but you need to stay 2 of 5 years to maintain your PR status

shan_e_haider

Oct 14, 2010
sheltieaholic said:
Hi guys.

I have a question;

I am not planning to move to different provience where I was nominated through PNP. I am planning to move back to my home country for about 6 months or so. Would it be a problem if I moved back to my home country right after PR card was issued?

Let me know

Thanks
sheltieaholic

You can move to your country , that is not a problem.

sheltieaholic

Dec 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-11
Nomination.....
04-05-11
AOR Received.
28-10-11
File Transfer...
28-10-11
Med's Request
28-10-11
Med's Done....
04-11-11
Passport Req..
14-12-11
VISA ISSUED...
05-01-12
LANDED..........
27-01-2012
That's good, if you moved to different province right after getting PR through PNP it may be an issue but to your home country it doesnt matter then? I am glad, thanks!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As long as you intend to settle in that province at the time you land, you are not doing anything wrong by moving to your home country temporarily.

bkd1969

May 1, 2011
Leon said:
As long as you intend to settle in that province at the time you land, you are not doing anything wrong by moving to your home country temporarily.
if i just want to land at the entry near the U.S. border and immediately back to the U.S in order to clean up and wrap up such as cancelling credit cards, selling the car, etc., it would be a problem?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bkd1969 said:
if i just want to land at the entry near the U.S. border and immediately back to the U.S in order to clean up and wrap up such as cancelling credit cards, selling the car, etc., it would be a problem?
If you are a PNP applicant and choose to land outside your PNP province, you may need to convince the immigration officers that you do indeed intend to settle in your PNP province. If they do not believe you, they may ask your PNP to check up on you at a later date to find out if you are residing there or not. If that happens, you should contact your PNP to clear up that you just want to tie up some loose ends at home before settling.

sheltieaholic

Dec 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-11
Nomination.....
04-05-11
AOR Received.
28-10-11
File Transfer...
28-10-11
Med's Request
28-10-11
Med's Done....
04-11-11
Passport Req..
14-12-11
VISA ISSUED...
05-01-12
LANDED..........
27-01-2012
Leon said:
Just the way I am planning, I may have to go back to my home country few months after I land, but I don't want CIC to think I am planning to settle anywhere else in Canada but the province that has nominated me. I assume they can figure out that I didn't settle anywhere in Canada for a while if I don't apply for health card from any other province or something. I am only staying in my home country maximum a year, to take care of my family.

bkd1969

May 1, 2011
i am planning to drive my car to settle in Alberta. At the board between Canada and U.S., I will complete the landing process. How can the Canadian officer will believe me I will drive all the way to Alberta instead of somewhere else? If I land by air, the ticket speaks itself. But how about landing by land? Confused.

jinneebhat

Star Member
Jun 9, 2010
Leon said:
If you are a PNP applicant and choose to land outside your PNP province, you may need to convince the immigration officers that you do indeed intend to settle in your PNP province. If they do not believe you, they may ask your PNP to check up on you at a later date to find out if you are residing there or not. If that happens, you should contact your PNP to clear up that you just want to tie up some loose ends at home before settling.
Hi Leon,
Has there been a case like that before? I never heard someone being checked upon after receiving the PR cards but maybe there are

danny2009

Feb 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore transferred to Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May, 2012
Nomination.....
April 2012
File Transfer...
February 2014
Med's Request
March 2014/Further test on 16 April, 2014
Med's Done....
21Mar2014.Ecas:In Process:29May2014, Decision Made:15Jun2014
Passport Req..
17 June, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
04 Jul,2014 but just received the processed passports 04Aug, 2014
LANDED..........
September 2014
Hi,

This is an interesting topic!

Thanks,

Danny

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jinneebhat said:
Hi Leon,
Has there been a case like that before? I never heard someone being checked upon after receiving the PR cards but maybe there are
They have started to check into PNP applicants at the time they land but if they are reported, they will probably withhold their PR card until they are cleared. There was a Quebec applicant on this forum recently who had started studying in Ontario and tried to land in Ontario and they scheduled them to go to an interview because of this. I can not recall if they got the PR or if they withheld it for the time being as they tried to land.

You can read the one year old bulletin at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2010/ob251.asp

Among other things, it states this:
BSOs may also choose to exercise the following options if they are not satisfied with respect to an individual’s intention to reside in the nominating province/territory:

Offer the individual the option of voluntarily withdrawing their application for permanent residence. If this option is accepted by the applicant, the BSO should seize the Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CPR) document and inform the issuing visa office and the appropriate CIC inland office in the province/territory of nomination.
If the applicant does not exercise the option to voluntarily withdraw their application for permanent residence, the BSO may adjourn the examination and, pursuant to section 23 of the IRPA, authorize the person to enter Canada for the purpose of further examination. As authorized under Item 102 of the CBSA Delegations and Designations [PDF format], the examination should be referred for finalization to the appropriate CIC inland office in the nominating province/territory. The BSO should seize the applicant’s CPR document and forward it to the appropriate CIC inland office along with relevant case information (e.g., Statutory Declaration from the individual stating that they do not intend to reside in the province/territory of nomination, officer’s interview notes). The CPR documents of accompanying family members should also be seized and forwarded to the appropriate CIC inland office.
There have been people who have been refused their PR's because of this bulletin and people who have been reported to their PNP to be called in for interviews later on.

hanisuliman

Jul 20, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3/6/2011
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
13/11/2011
File Transfer...
Detroit 17/02/2012
Med's Done....
15/11/2011
Passport Req..
30/03/2012
VISA ISSUED...
2/4/2012
LANDED..........
2/4/2012
sheltieaholic said:
Hi guys.

I have a question;

Let me know

Thanks
sheltieaholic
Keep in mine if you need to leave before getting the PR card, you will need to apply for travel document at the Canadian embassy at your destination.

Ideally you should wait until you have your Permanent Resident (PR) card. If you must leave Canada, you should apply for a Permanent Resident Travel Document from a Canadian visa office abroad as soon as you reach your destination.

The only official documents that permanent residents of Canada can use to travel back to Canada on a commercial carrier (by air, land or sea) are the PR card or a Permanent Resident Travel Document (PRTD), also know as a Travel Document (Permanent Resident Abroad) issued by a Canadian visa office abroad.

If you are entering Canada in a private vehicle, such as your own car, and you do not present your PR card, you may be able to show other immigration documents (see answer to "Do I require a Permanent Resident Card if I'm returning to Canada by car?").

For more information, read Do I really need a PR card to travel back to Canada?

It is important that you check the expiry date of your PR card before you travel. If you need to renew it, you should apply before you travel. Find more information about renewing a PR card.