+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Move work history to personal history

tamo560

Apr 19, 2021
Hello,
I am working for the same company since 2004 and presently working as expat in Canada. I received ITA as CEC and about to submit my application.
In the EE profile, in work history I broke mentioned all works as per my project assignment and locations since 2004. Also there was a 15 months period where I was on lwp for higher studies and on sabbatical.
Since I worked for same company althrough, now after receiving the ITA, I am planning to move my previous work history (splitted project assignments) to personal history and only want to keep work history since 2016 till date ( working for same customer since 2016).
please advise if that is possible or not. This change will not affect my crs score

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
If your reference letter shows the split of work and there’s a specific section that covers your work experience from 2016 onwards, then it would be simpler to just do what you’ve said. Retain 2016 onwards on work history and move the rest to personal history.

tamo560

Apr 19, 2021
If your reference letter shows the split of work and there’s a specific section that covers your work experience from 2016 onwards, then it would be simpler to just do what you’ve said. Retain 2016 onwards on work history and move the rest to personal history.
Thanks for the note. My company do not provide employment reference letter but yes my supervisor under whom I am working since 2016 in same project, first in India and now deputed to Canada, will provide me reference letter with my role and responsibilities since 2016. So in that case am I good to keep work history since 2016 and move rest to personal history.

Virdiasr

Nov 27, 2023
Thanks for the note. My company do not provide employment reference letter but yes my supervisor under whom I am working since 2016 in same project, first in India and now deputed to Canada, will provide me reference letter with my role and responsibilities since 2016. So in that case am I good to keep work history since 2016 and move rest to personal history.
Hi dear

Can you please confirm what you had done. I am also in the same boat, have mentioned my work experience since 2006 - till date during my EE profile and now post ITA wanted to remove experience from 2006-2013 to Personal history, as its not relavant and not giving me any points.

There is no change in the CRS score If i do that. I just wanted to keep 10 years experience only in work history and then all 17 years in personal history.

Please respond.