+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Move to Canada once PR is in hand

canada.dream1

Nov 15, 2009
one of my friend was saying that there is a condition that candidate must move to Canada with in 3-6 months once PR is in hand.
Can you please share more or confirm this information?
I would appreciate your help.

Albularyo

Star Member
Sep 17, 2009
Manila
you have to "land" to canada and get PR status once you get your visa because your PR visa is only for 1 year from the medical test. So if you get your visa after 8 months from your medicals, you only got 3 months to "land" in canada to get your PR status.

You can then stay out of canada within the 2 out of 5 year rule which means you have to be in canada within 2 years in any 5-year period to maintain your status as PR in canada.

canada.dream1

Nov 15, 2009
Albularyo said:
you have to "land" to canada and get PR status once you get your visa because your PR visa is only for 1 year from the medical test. So if you get your visa after 8 months from your medicals, you only got 3 months to "land" in canada to get your PR status.

You can then stay out of canada within the 2 out of 5 year rule which means you have to be in canada within 2 years in any 5-year period to maintain your status as PR in canada.
Albularyo, thanks a lot for replying, I was not aware of this fact, it is very helpful.

Can you please share your view on my case (thinking);
if everything goes positive, and I get PR, can I come to Canada to full fill the rule, and come back to India.
I want to search job from India; I am working with major software company in India & I am sure that I can get job via job sites;
but it may take 3-6 months (in worst case, I think). Once I have job in my hand in Canada, then move to Canada.

Is it with in rule if I (& my family) visit Canada & come back to India in 15 days (& I search my job from India).

Please reply.

Regards.

nimmiboy

Apr 22, 2005
Riyadh - KSA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canada.dream1 said:
Albularyo, thanks a lot for replying, I was not aware of this fact, it is very helpful.

Can you please share your view on my case (thinking);
if everything goes positive, and I get PR, can I come to Canada to full fill the rule, and come back to India.
I want to search job from India; I am working with major software company in India & I am sure that I can get job via job sites;
but it may take 3-6 months (in worst case, I think). Once I have job in my hand in Canada, then move to Canada.

Is it with in rule if I (& my family) visit Canada & come back to India in 15 days (& I search my job from India).

Please reply.

Regards.
Yes you can, but keep in your mind that you will have to live in Canada 2 years within 5 years to maintain your PR status valid.

I hope it helps.

Regards