Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
9 Oct 2020
Med's Request
07-09-2021
Med's Done....
20-0-1981
I am on PR and working. I applied for my mother visitor visa, by showing my proof of funds. Her visa got rejected. Also I said she will be here for six months. She is a widow and a pensioner. My brother is working and married. She has one property and a farm on her name. Not much FDs. What are my options.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am on PR and working. I applied for my mother visitor visa, by showing my proof of funds. Her visa got rejected. Also I said she will be here for six months. She is a widow and a pensioner. My brother is working and married. She has one property and a farm on her name. Not much FDs. What are my options.
There are numerous problems with your application. A TRV is based on your mothers savings and her ties to her home country not your savings. The fact that you asked for a 6 month visits weakens any ties that you may mention. Has she travelled internationally and especially to countries like the US, UK, Australia, etc.? Where do her other children live and have they applied to study/work abroad or immigrate to another country? Given that she is a retired widow without
much of her own funds IRCC there will be concerns that she plans on visiting you as long as possible.

swapanathorat

Apr 5, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
9 Oct 2020
Med's Request
07-09-2021
Med's Done....
20-0-1981
There are numerous problems with your application. A TRV is based on your mothers savings and her ties to her home country not your savings. The fact that you asked for a 6 month visits weakens any ties that you may mention. Has she travelled internationally and especially to countries like the US, UK, Australia, etc.? Where do her other children live and have they applied to study/work abroad or immigrate to another country? Given that she is a retired widow without
much of her own funds IRCC there will be concerns that she plans on visiting you as long as possible.
Thank you for your reply. She has never travelled abroad and all her other children, two daughter, one son lives in the same town as she. I am the only child her in Canada. None of my sibling have applied for study abroad. If I want to do her visitor visa what can be done. Like property evaluation? or how much funds needed for her month stay?

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
If you are holding a PR, then consider Super visa if you meet LICO

If you still would like to apply a visitor visa for your mother,
- your mother can request a visa for a 3-4 week trip to Canada to meet & spend time with you
- Show her home ties back in India and why she will return without overstaying here in Canada
- Establish her finances - 6 months statement, pension or rental income with receipts , tax returns & CA Report [not mandatory but nice to have]
- Submit a plan of what she plans to do while visiting you in Canada - Ideally some trip bookings or tickets
- Health insurance or travel insurance - not mandatory again
- Round trip flight tickets - not mandatory again but since you already have a refusal for this reason it may not hurt to show a finite travel plan this way

Good Luck on your application

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
If you are holding a PR, then consider Super visa if you meet LICO

If you still would like to apply a visitor visa for your mother,
- your mother can request a visa for a 3-4 week trip to Canada to meet & spend time with you
- Show her home ties back in India and why she will return without overstaying here in Canada
- Establish her finances - 6 months statement, pension or rental income with receipts , tax returns & CA Report [not mandatory but nice to have]
- Submit a plan of what she plans to do while visiting you in Canada - Ideally some trip bookings or tickets
- Health insurance or travel insurance - not mandatory again
- Round trip flight tickets - not mandatory again but since you already have a refusal for this reason it may not hurt to show a finite travel plan this way

Good Luck on your application
Never purchase flights until you have an approved TRV