+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Most Important n urgent::: Kid passpprt is damaged but got email for visal approval

Sheri86

Aug 18, 2021
Hello every one.

My sister and her son got approval of visit visa but her son's passpprt is damaged by her son by accidently.

I have 25 days to submit passport to get visa stamped on it.

What to do next. Please help me

Ansionuk

Feb 11, 2022
apply for a new passport and let IRCC know about the incident. provide photo of damaged passport and new passport application as evidence.
send your sister's passport for stamping, and wait for the new passport and reply from IRCC for her son's .

Reactions: canuck78

Sheri86

Aug 18, 2021
apply for a new passport and let IRCC know about the incident. provide photo of damaged passport and new passport application as evidence.
send your sister's passport for stamping, and wait for the new passport and reply from IRCC for her son's .
Thanks for replying me .

My sister sent proof of damaged passport plus new passport application via web form to concerned canadian embassy.

Once she ll get her son's passport then can she submit the new one passport to local visa application centre ( VAC) with covering letter??

She already visited local VAC to ask about this incident in person. Local VAC told her that get new one passport and submit it with covering letter. Will it work?? Or Should she wait for untill embassy ll reply?

Her son age is 9 year old.

Please guide us my sister is so worried.

Ansionuk

Feb 11, 2022
Thanks for replying me .

My sister sent proof of damaged passport plus new passport application via web form to concerned canadian embassy.

Once she ll get her son's passport then can she submit the new one passport to local visa application centre ( VAC) with covering letter??

She already visited local VAC to ask about this incident in person. Local VAC told her that get new one passport and submit it with covering letter. Will it work?? Or Should she wait for untill embassy ll reply?

Her son age is 9 year old.

Please guide us my sister is so worried.
if the VAC said a cover letter is sufficient, then do as they said. Don't worry too much, the visas have been approved. IRCC is flexible for some extent, as long as your elaboration is reasonable.