+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

moroccan guy marrying a canadian woman(certificat of single)

gladiateur19

Aug 30, 2009
hi everybody,,,,im morocan guy who is gonna get married soon with a wonderful canadian woman soon,,,my fiançay is from newfoundland,,,and im asking if it's necessary for a mixte marriage here in morocco,that my fiançay gets a certificate of single from canada,,,because i have been looking at moroccan governement website about mixte marriage,they didnt mention it,and when i was in court family to get information,they havent sayd anything about it,,,
so what do you think?i wanna say that my brother has been married just 3 years ago here in agadir in morocco with a canadian woman,and they didnt ask them about a single certificate,,,but i knew some guys who are from other cities here in morocco,and they say they ask for it in the family court in theire cities
thank you very much

Algerina

Jan 5, 2009
I got married in Algeria and did not need it. BUT I would go ahead and get it anyways as it's only $25 and not worth making the mistake for.

gladiateur19

Aug 30, 2009
im really getting confused,,,lol,,thank you so so so much,,,so did you get the capacity of marriage from your ambassy there in algeria?

Algerina

Jan 5, 2009
Well....we learned the hard way. I went to Algeria in March, thinking that we would get married. When we went to have an appointment, they refused us. So we had to go for medicals, interviews with police and interviews with the foreigners office, we had a huge file of papers to turn into the police, then they sent that off. It took us about 6 weeks to be cleared for marriage. RIDICULOUS! Just make sure ur wife has a current birth certificate, I don't know about Morocco, but Algeria would not allow one that was more than 3 months old.

gladiateur19

Aug 30, 2009
yeah,i know about that,,it's the same here,,it takes 4 weeks to get married,,,and as i said before,i do have a brother and friends who have been married with canadians women,i do know alittel about the paperwork,i was just confused about the certificate of single,,,a friend of mine told me that she wont need that,

stealth

Star Member
Sep 3, 2008
Here are the things needed for marriage...

1- Request for marriage written in language Arab and intended for the Judge of the family court (Court of the city where the marriage certificate will be established);
2- Four (04) color photographs ;
3- Certificate of birth with complete filiation (names and first names of the parents) ;
4- Statement of criminal record (or lack thereof) issued by the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) ;
5- Certificate of nationality delivered by the Embassy of Canada in Rabat - Morocco ;
6- Medical certificate attesting the absence of any transmissible disease ;
7- Certificate of conversion to Islam delivered by an approved imam (Moslem preacher) of a mosque, or a proof of Moslem confession ;
8- For the non Moslem women, the proof of their Jewish or Christian confession ;
9- Certificate of employment and wages ;
10- Act of divorce in the event of former marriage, duly legalized by the Canadian ministry of the Foreign Affairs in Ottawa ;
11- Certificate of death of the ex-husband for the widowers ;
12- Passport + copy of the page mentioning the date of entry in Morocco (proof of presence in Morocco) ;
13- Certificate of capacity of marriage, delivered by the Embassy of Canada in Rabat (certificate specifying your marital status...).
14- Statement of criminal record issued by the Morrocan Ministry of Justice in Rabat - Morocco ;

http://www.consulatdumaroc.ca/mariagemixte_note_en.htm

If you get everything there, it should be easy. Lay kmel likoum bikhir.

gladiateur19

Aug 30, 2009
thank you very very much,,i got everything,i have been at family court today,i got all what i need,,exactely what you just wrote for me here,,,
im greatful,,,thank you again