App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
2013 (re-med)
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hello.

The more I think about what the wife and I should do, the more I get confused.

As mentioned previously, the wife and I plan on going back to Japan in May. We need to do this before I start work in Canada. In addition, I need to close my Japanese bank accounts and cancel my Japanese Spousal Visa. If I don't cancel my visa, I don't know if I will have problems entering Japan in the future. Japanese authorities can be quite xenophobic.

What I'm worried/concerned about is when the wife and I try to board the flight back to Canada. The wife will not have her PR card. The wife has an appointment on April 15 to "land" at a CIC center in Edmonton. I don't know what we should say to the airline employee if they ask to see the wife's PR card. I was just going to show them the wife's copy of her COPR, but I don't know if the staff will recognize or accept it. However, after reading more threads on this forum, some commenters are suggesting not to mention the wife's PR at all in order to avoid any potential problems/hassles.

When the wife entered Canada in December 2013, she was given a one year Travelers Record (Visa). It's valid until December 2014. Would showing this be enough to convenience the airline staff? However, if I am correct, this record will be taken by CIC when my wife "land" in April. Is this true?

The wife's COPR is valid until December 20, 2014.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
She is visa-exempt, so doesn't need any travel record or TRV or any special documents. She can just state she's flying as a visitor/tourist to Canada, and that's it. No need to mention PR.

In some rare cases if there is no return ticket an airline may give you problems, however you could always just buy a fully refundable return ticket on the spot if you really needed to.

JRPW

Star Member
Jul 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
2013 (re-med)
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Rob_TO said:
She is visa-exempt, so doesn't need any travel record or TRV or any special documents. She can just state she's flying as a visitor/tourist to Canada, and that's it. No need to mention PR.

In some rare cases if there is no return ticket an airline may give you problems, however you could always just buy a fully refundable return ticket on the spot if you really needed to.
Thanks Rob.

In addition to the wife landing and getting her PR, I have a lot on my plate.

I really don't have anyone, except this forum, to talk/chat with to get advice. I also thought that the wife wouldn't get a visitors record, but the she was given one when we landed. I can't wait until this is over.