26 February 2014
VISA ISSUED...
5 March 2014
LANDED..........
29 March 2014

informer2000

Star Member
Oct 6, 2008
Today I have reached the end of one long journey. and embarking on a new one. I can finally say that I'm proudly Canadian. I wish everyone over here in this forum all the best. And be patient, you are next! It may take some time, but soon we will be welcoming you as members of the Canadian family too.

I also wanted to quickly share with you the oath ceremony experience, although if you have been following this forum you probably already have an idea. The invitation was for 9am today. I was there 15 minutes before that. People were already lining up and one of the personnel was checking the invitation letters and allowing only those who will take the oath to enter and directing guests either to a different entrance or to wait outside until they are done with all invitees (I'm not sure). Another member of the organizers was waiting at the hall entrance to direct us to a table where they were checking the invitation letter, taking the signed documents that came with the invitation, and checking the ids. I was then asked whether I had been in trouble with the police at all and asked to sign confirming this on a paper that they had (apparently there was another field in the same paper that I sign after taking the oath). Then my PR card was taken away and I was given some brochures, a cultural pass, and a couple of pins, and directed to my seat.

There were around 270 people taking the oath from 59 countries. Everyone was well-dressed an happy. Around 9:45 they started explaining what will happen in the ceremony and we started at 10am when the judge entered. After greeting us and welcoming us to the Canadian family, he gave a short speech alternating between French and English. He was really nice and made everyone smile. Then we were asked to stand to take the oath in both languages. After that we lined up one row at a time and were called one at a time to receive the certificate. After receiving the certificate I signed the other field in that paper I was given at the beginning and went back to my seat.

After everyone received their certificates, the judge congratulated us once again and we stood up for the national anthem which was the last part of the ceremony. Of course the judge was available after that for anyone who wants to take pictures with him. One advice that was given to us is to make sure to check both sides of the certificate for any mistakes or spelling errors once you receive it. If you do find a mistake, approach one of the organizers and they will help you.

burakcayir

Star Member
Jun 6, 2010
hey guys, for those of you who did fingerprint before the test, how long did it take them to invite you for the test after fingerprint?

I did mine four weeks ago and they told me the result will go to CIC in 7-10 business day, so it should be there now. I called the CIC and they told me the fingerprint is not there yet (or hasn't been opened it).... I asked them about 12month processing period and was told that 12month is only an average. the actual processing, especially if FP is required can take longer... :(
Hey Khazan, check my signature for my wife’s application timeline. She was asked for fingerprints in february and got the test invite in june.

burakcayir

Star Member
Jun 6, 2010
Congrats!!! Enjoy the feeling
Thanks a lot, i will always appreciate this forum and its members for their help and courage they gave during both my application last year and my wife’s one this year. As a couple that went through both pre C6 and post C6 applications, we will always check the forum to help others.

By the way just as a note, the oath invitation is still not in ecas after three days, but who cares :) so do not worry if you don’t see your ecas updated.

Reactions: vancouverbc2013

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Added you to October sheet of global 2017 tracker. Link is in my signature.

Do you know your DM date?

vancouverbc2013

Sep 20, 2013
I can’t believe I am finally writing this... after a hard, harsh, harmful endless journey my process finally came to the end

Sent: Oct 12
AOR: Nov 7
IP: Jan 8
Test: Feb14
RQ Rcvd: Mar 16
RQ Sent: Apr O4
DM: Aug 7
Oath Email: Aug 20
Oath Ceremony: SEP 6 <3

I can’t emphasize enough how much I hated this process... it was crazy unfair (personally)... been in Canada since Aug 25 2007!!!!! C-24—C-6, RQ....

Can’t believe I m becoming CITIZEN tho!!!!! No more visa BS...

J’espère juste qu’un jour je finirai bien par oublier cette expérience désagréable/désastreuse.

Have a good one everyone and I pray all of you here get ur oath sooner then later.

GOD BLESS CANADA

Hanzo

Star Member
Aug 6, 2014
I can’t believe I am finally writing this... after a hard, harsh, harmful endless journey my process finally came to the end

I can’t emphasize enough how much I hated this process... it was crazy unfair (personally)... been in Canada since Aug 25 2007!!!!! C-24—C-6, RQ....

J’espère juste qu’un jour je finirai bien par oublier cette expérience désagréable/désastreuse.

Have a good one everyone and I pray all of you here get ur oath sooner then later.

GOD BLESS CANADA
Félicitations! I finally got my oath invitation today in the email. It'll be held on Sep 6 at 9am in Plaza Antique. At what time/place is your ceremony?

Reactions: vancouverbc2013

imm_leb_01

Apr 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 February 2013
AOR Received.
11 April 2013
Med's Request
25 April 2013
Med's Done....
8 May 2013
Interview........
RPRF Request june 18th
Passport Req..
26 February 2014
VISA ISSUED...
5 March 2014
LANDED..........
29 March 2014

GOD BLESS CANADA
Very Very Very happy for you. You deserve it ... The feeling is amazing especially for people like me and you who come from a 3rd world country, to become a citizen of one of the top countries in the world, it's beautiful

vancouverbc2013

Sep 20, 2013
Félicitations! I finally got my oath invitation today in the email. It'll be held on Sep 6 at 9am in Plaza Antique. At what time/place is your ceremony?
THATS EXACTLY IT!!!!! Congrats toooo. I will see you there!!! Let’s have a laugh and a picture together :):):):p

vancouverbc2013

Sep 20, 2013
Very Very Very happy for you. You deserve it ... The feeling is amazing especially for people like me and you who come from a 3rd world country, to become a citizen of one of the top countries in the world, it's beautiful
Thank you so much!!!! Yes yes and yes...lol I am still soooo overwhelmed and disbelieve.. hahaaa denial!