+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mon Projet Quebec for Immigration!!

chahath

Jan 4, 2019
Hello everybody.

I am a Mexican guy who has been trying to immediate to Canada since 2 years ago.

First, I found out the Express Entry program from the Canadian government and I turned all my resources to fill the minimal requirements to apply to it. Unfortunately, the first time I tried to do it, I failed on my IELTS test and I didn't get the minimal score of 6 over 9, I got 5.5.

After that situation, I felt very upset with my self because I thought I was a good English speaker. Time later I decided to pay for some English courses oriented to The IELTS test, while I was preparing my self for my second attempt with the exam, I decided to change my target from the Express Entry program to apply for a M.Sc. degree at Carleton University (Ottawa). I got 6.5 over 9 on Academic band (I needed 6) and I applied to the graduate program, but my application is still on review.

Last week, I went to a conference on my city (Monterrey, MX) about the process to immigrate to Canada. After 3 years of keep looking into the Canadian government immigration programs and a lot of hours dedicated to read the process, I said to myself "let's go, just to see if there is another way".

Thanks to that conference I found out that Quebec has its own immigration program. I came into the government website, made a test to see if I could be accepted on the program, and the result was yes, even if I don't speak French.

Well, after this long story, I would like to know if there is somebody who has applied to Mon Projet Quebec, even when he/she didn't know French? And if so, if you could share with me some tips to proceed with my application?

seeak

Star Member
May 7, 2017
Hello everybody.

I am a Mexican guy who has been trying to immediate to Canada since 2 years ago.

First, I found out the Express Entry program from the Canadian government and I turned all my resources to fill the minimal requirements to apply to it. Unfortunately, the first time I tried to do it, I failed on my IELTS test and I didn't get the minimal score of 6 over 9, I got 5.5.

After that situation, I felt very upset with my self because I thought I was a good English speaker. Time later I decided to pay for some English courses oriented to The IELTS test, while I was preparing my self for my second attempt with the exam, I decided to change my target from the Express Entry program to apply for a M.Sc. degree at Carleton University (Ottawa). I got 6.5 over 9 on Academic band (I needed 6) and I applied to the graduate program, but my application is still on review.

Last week, I went to a conference on my city (Monterrey, MX) about the process to immigrate to Canada. After 3 years of keep looking into the Canadian government immigration programs and a lot of hours dedicated to read the process, I said to myself "let's go, just to see if there is another way".

Thanks to that conference I found out that Quebec has its own immigration program. I came into the government website, made a test to see if I could be accepted on the program, and the result was yes, even if I don't speak French.

Well, after this long story, I would like to know if there is somebody who has applied to Mon Projet Quebec, even when he/she didn't know French? And if so, if you could share with me some tips to proceed with my application?
Hola
La opción para aplicar por la vía de Quebec, es aplicando mediante el portal Arrima https://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/informations/arrima/index.html

El sistema de inmigración por esta vía cambió apenas en septiembre del año pasado, por lo que aún no hay fechas en las cuales se mencione mayor información (rondas de invitaciones, puntaje).
Mi recomendación es que desde ya comiences a tomar cursos de francés, aunque bien puedes tener los puntos necesarios para ser elegido, el idioma sin duda lo necesitarás para encontrar trabajo. Además puedes sumar más puntos si consigues el b2 en cualquiera de las habilidades.
A mi me pareció más fácil conseguir b2 en francés, que intentando con el ielts...

chahath

Jan 4, 2019
Hola
Nox Showbox Mobdro

El sistema de inmigración por esta vía cambió apenas en septiembre del año pasado, por lo que aún no hay fechas en las cuales se mencione mayor información (rondas de invitaciones, puntaje).
Mi recomendación es que desde ya comiences a tomar cursos de francés, aunque bien puedes tener los puntos necesarios para ser elegido, el idioma sin duda lo necesitarás para encontrar trabajo. Además puedes sumar más puntos si consigues el b2 en cualquiera de las habilidades.
A mi me pareció más fácil conseguir b2 en francés, que intentando con el ielts...
thankyou so much!!