Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
neki said:
dear qorax,

please what province are you in and literally; how's the weather?
also, kindly place linkof the thread regarding job strata.

thanks.

neki.
Hi,

I'm in Toronto... staying in Mississauga area. The wx is cool to cold in the morn & eve. 24/7 I'm sporting a jacket [whenever out], so do everybody that I see around.

Intermittently it rains... today was a respite. In any case nights r pretty cold. While there is always a wind blowing, which is a spine chiller. Overall quite comfortable.

About the Jobs Perspective I had written on it long back here:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t31106.0.html

Regards,
Qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
tinuadeadebola said:
Glad to hear you have landed. at least we can get actual information and experiential knowledge. I also know that you wont have time for us like before but i know that God will grant you uncommonh favor even as you have sowed in the lives of his children.

Best of luck in this new land
Thanx buddy... I'll still manage to reply anyone who PMs me. And shall be on the forum infrequently.

Qorax

ankit_20

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2009
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Qorax

Congratulations on the landing

I am sure you are very well prepared to Embrace the new life and will help others in doing so.

Almighty is kind and gracious and I have no doubt for a person like you, who is helping many others, He will have special consideration.

Wish you all the success.

j_sagz

May 11, 2010
Hello Qorax,

Good luck to your new life style there at a foriegn land of good opportunity. Anyway good day to you. I am an ECE and I have been working for 9 years now in an IT field. My wife is a BSIT and SPED graduate. We have a 3 year old girl and 1 coming this Dec. Me and my wife is planning to migrate to Canada and as early as now we are still to decide how we are to apply as immigrants / working visa. I planned to apply through agency but I am now considering to apply directly to Canadian Embassy here in the Philippines.

We have the following iniquiries that will surely help us in deciding:

1.What website can we apply direct for to Embassy? Can we apply online?
2.What's our chances of getting a decent Job (Telecoms and SPED)?
3.If Immigration will be granted, where can we find temporary settlement? We don't have relatives in Canada.
4.Is Telecoms industry a big demand in Canada?
5.How about SPED/Educator?

Any idea will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

ankit_20

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2009
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
j_sagz said:
1.What website can we apply direct for to Embassy? Can we apply online?
2.What's our chances of getting a decent Job (Telecoms and SPED)?
3.If Immigration will be granted, where can we find temporary settlement? We don't have relatives in Canada.
4.Is Telecoms industry a big demand in Canada?
5.How about SPED/Educator?
Even Though you asked question directly to qorax, I hope you do not mind some inputs from other members

1.) CIC.gc.ca has all info you are looking for. You can not apply online.
2.) Jobs are tough to come in any field for people without any Canadian Exp and Candian Education. You need to change struglle for few months before you find a job in your field and it still may not be of your choice
3.) There are few ggod links on this forum about settlement but that is far off in my opinion to discuss now as the process takes about few months to complete
4.) Telecom industry is good in Canada in General

j_sagz

May 11, 2010
ankit_20 said:
Even Though you asked question directly to qorax, I hope you do not mind some inputs from other members

1.) CIC.gc.ca has all info you are looking for. You can not apply online.
2.) Jobs are tough to come in any field for people without any Canadian Exp and Candian Education. You need to change struglle for few months before you find a job in your field and it still may not be of your choice
3.) There are few ggod links on this forum about settlement but that is far off in my opinion to discuss now as the process takes about few months to complete
4.) Telecom industry is good in Canada in General
very informative there ankit. thanks for that info. will check that site you gave.

RPN

Star Member
Feb 13, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
June 2010
Qorax,

Its nice to know that you have landed. I will be coming on June 01. Hope you will still keep some time for the forum.

Wish you happy life in Canada.

RPN

aaycee

Dec 27, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2010
Doc's Request.
Document Submitted: 17-03-11
AOR Received.
2nd AOR: 18-2-2011
IELTS Request
Med's Request
25-02-11
Med's Done....
9-03-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
25-02-11
VISA ISSUED...
22-7-11
LANDED..........
4th October 2011 Winnipeg :)
hi qorax
Congrats for ur landing in The Dream Country... U must be on cloud nine...Well wish u luck for future.
I have one query. i have posted it in new thread as well but nobody is replying and i need to get it resolved urgently thats why posting here as well

In my passport my surname is not mentioned and it is issued before my marriage. now should i get my surname added in it as well as my changed address. can it me made under Tatkaal scheme?
Furthermore,I have come to know that PCC from RPO is most authenticated rather than getting it from local police station.

So,I think if I apply for new passport,it will include PCC also.but the thing is that i have to send my documents to visa office new delhi by 15 july and it may take more time for new passport to be issued. what should I do.
Other option popping out of my mind is that i apply for PCC at local police station and side by side apply for new passport.
Other thing is whether i should get PCC done from my permanent address or where i am presently residing or from both the places. But someone has told me that i should get it done from the place mentioned in my passport.;-)
Plz give me a piece of advice.
Thanks

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
aaycee said:
hi qorax
Congrats for ur landing in The Dream Country... U must be on cloud nine...Well wish u luck for future.
I have one query. i have posted it in new thread as well but nobody is replying and i need to get it resolved urgently thats why posting here as well

In my passport my surname is not mentioned and it is issued before my marriage. now should i get my surname added in it as well as my changed address. can it me made under Tatkaal scheme?
Furthermore,I have come to know that PCC from RPO is most authenticated rather than getting it from local police station.

So,I think if I apply for new passport,it will include PCC also.but the thing is that i have to send my documents to visa office new delhi by 15 july and it may take more time for new passport to be issued. what should I do.
Other option popping out of my mind is that i apply for PCC at local police station and side by side apply for new passport.
Other thing is whether i should get PCC done from my permanent address or where i am presently residing or from both the places. But someone has told me that i should get it done from the place mentioned in my passport.;-)
Plz give me a piece of advice.
Thanks
Hi, Thanx.

I just replied to your PM. Don't worry... leave all that as it is & do not waste time. It'll not create any probs with your pps.

Qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
ankit_20 said:
Hey Qorax

Congratulations on the landing

I am sure you are very well prepared to Embrace the new life and will help others in doing so.

Almighty is kind and gracious and I have no doubt for a person like you, who is helping many others, He will have special consideration.

Wish you all the success.
Thanx Ankit.

Currently I'm having a ball. Meetings once a day or alternate days & the rest I'm spending on long drives. Already miled approx 300 Kms till date. Uhh the fuel is costly here.

Qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
RPN said:
Qorax,

Its nice to know that you have landed. I will be coming on June 01. Hope you will still keep some time for the forum.

Wish you happy life in Canada.

RPN
Thanx buddy... waiting for u !!! -Qorax