Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
17 June 2016
VISA ISSUED...
6 July 2016
LANDED..........
26 July 2016
I require some information about my situation here in Ontario.I am a new immigrant in Ontario from Pakistan. I have a B.Sc. degree in Chemical Engineering of 4 years from the University of Punjab, Pakistan, a Master Degree in IT from England(UK), and doing a Master degree in Chemical Engineering(Thesis in Conducting Polymers but not yet approved)from Abo Akademi University in Finland.I had to leave it unfinished because the time limit imposed by the CIC immigration Canada to land in Canada was running out. I can submit it online while in Canada.I applied to be licensed through PEO(Professional Engineers Ontario). I mentioned everything truthfully because I did not want to be accused of misrepresentation. It is important that the evaluation is on the basis of Bachelors degree. Since both Canada and Pakistan are signatory of WASHINGTON ACCORD for Engineers, I was expecting a provisional license like a walk in the park.Of course, I lack the mandatory one year employment experience in Canada for full unconditional license. However,I fulfill all requirements of a provisional license. They have rejected my application saying my Master degree is incomplete from Finland. When I pointed out that Master degree modules/transcript was only as a supporting document and it is not the basis of my application, they said I should not have mentioned about it at all.(So misrepresentation was OK?I disagree with their suggestion). They say that there is no right of appeal. My questions is, is there a parliamentary ombudsman or other adjudicator in Ontario/Canada who I can take my complaint to? This is obviously a simple mistake from their end.I have spoken to my settlement worker and a person in community legal clinic but they cannot help me. Please suggest what should I do?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I had to leave it unfinished because the time limit imposed by the CIC immigration Canada to land in Canada was running out.
You can do a soft landing. Once you landed, go to Finland or Pakistan on your next flight to continue your studies.

khan200us

Star Member
Nov 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19 November 2014
Doc's Request.
08-02-2015
IELTS Request
Sent With Docs 8.0 band
Med's Request
11 May 2016
Med's Done....
3 June 2016
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
17 June 2016
VISA ISSUED...
6 July 2016
LANDED..........
26 July 2016
You can do a soft landing. Once you landed, go to Finland or Pakistan on your next flight to continue your studies.
I do not have to complete it from Finland. I have conducted everything just need to write and present my results and get it approved from my thesis supervisor. He said I can do it from anywhere in the world and submit it online using my login credentials. There is absolutely no requirement for me to go back. My Finnish visa has also expired and starting it all over again would cost a lot of money so that option of returning to Finland is out of question!

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I do not have to complete it from Finland. I have conducted everything just need to write and present my results and get it approved from my thesis supervisor. He said I can do it from anywhere in the world and submit it online using my login credentials. There is absolutely no requirement for me to go back. My Finnish visa has also expired and starting it all over again would cost a lot of money so that option of returning to Finland is out of question!
Then submit it online as soon as you touch down at the Canadian port of entry before or after landing.

alok4best

Dec 19, 2014
Frankfurt
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-Dec-2014
Nomination.....
24-Feb-2015
AOR Received.
7-Apr-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
7-Apr-2015
Med's Request
17-Jun-2015
Med's Done....
23-Jun-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-Jul-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-Aug-2015
LANDED..........
27-Nov-2015
Can't you re-apply?

Gregor.Samsa

Feb 7, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2016-03 (EE), TFW since 2012-04
I require some information about my situation here in Ontario.I am a new immigrant in Ontario from Pakistan. I have a B.Sc. degree in Chemical Engineering of 4 years from the University of Punjab, Pakistan, a Master Degree in IT from England(UK), and doing a Master degree in Chemical Engineering(Thesis in Conducting Polymers but not yet approved)from Abo Akademi University in Finland.I had to leave it unfinished because the time limit imposed by the CIC immigration Canada to land in Canada was running out. I can submit it online while in Canada.I applied to be licensed through PEO(Professional Engineers Ontario). I mentioned everything truthfully because I did not want to be accused of misrepresentation. It is important that the evaluation is on the basis of Bachelors degree. Since both Canada and Pakistan are signatory of WASHINGTON ACCORD for Engineers, I was expecting a provisional license like a walk in the park.Of course, I lack the mandatory one year employment experience in Canada for full unconditional license. However,I fulfill all requirements of a provisional license. They have rejected my application saying my Master degree is incomplete from Finland. When I pointed out that Master degree modules/transcript was only as a supporting document and it is not the basis of my application, they said I should not have mentioned about it at all.(So misrepresentation was OK?I disagree with their suggestion). They say that there is no right of appeal. My questions is, is there a parliamentary ombudsman or other adjudicator in Ontario/Canada who I can take my complaint to? This is obviously a simple mistake from their end.I have spoken to my settlement worker and a person in community legal clinic but they cannot help me. Please suggest what should I do?

http://www.peo.on.ca/index.php?ci_id=30269&la_id=1#complaints

Easy to find on PEO website

khan200us

Star Member
Nov 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19 November 2014
Doc's Request.
08-02-2015
IELTS Request
Sent With Docs 8.0 band
Med's Request
11 May 2016
Med's Done....
3 June 2016
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
17 June 2016
VISA ISSUED...
6 July 2016
LANDED..........
26 July 2016
Can't you re-apply?
I certainly can. But why would they change their decision with the ditto application?First time application was free because an immigrant with PR visa can apply for a financial credit for a 100% fee waiver within six months of landing in Ontario. Now, there is a fees of $339.I would only spend money if I know that I stand a reasonable chance of success.

khan200us

Star Member
Nov 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19 November 2014
Doc's Request.
08-02-2015
IELTS Request
Sent With Docs 8.0 band
Med's Request
11 May 2016
Med's Done....
3 June 2016
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
17 June 2016
VISA ISSUED...
6 July 2016
LANDED..........
26 July 2016
Then submit it online as soon as you touch down at the Canadian port of entry before or after landing.
Thanks. I have already landed in Canada over a year ago. A Master thesis in Chemical Engineering is not like writing a post on Canadavisa forum or on your facebook wall that I can do instantly "as soon as I touch down the Canadian port of entry". I have written it and then the supervisor asks me to modify content or add more. It has already been reviewed twice. They need me to improve it although I believe it meets all the minimum requirements of a thesis in terms of content, references, number of pages, the quality of results and research.I think professors do it as a habit. Never approve the dissertation on the first attempt. I hope it shall be third time lucky in my case.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks. I have already landed in Canada over a year ago. A Master thesis in Chemical Engineering is not like writing a post on Canadavisa forum or on your facebook wall that I can do instantly "as soon as I touch down the Canadian port of entry". I have written it and then the supervisor asks me to modify content or add more. It has already been reviewed twice. They need me to improve it although I believe it meets all the minimum requirements of a thesis in terms of content, references, number of pages, the quality of results and research.I think professors do it as a habit. Never approve the dissertation on the first attempt. I hope it shall be third time lucky in my case.
So why do complain if this happened a year ago? What did you do in the past year?