+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mistake in Reference letter - written full time instead of part time

miraldhrafani

Star Member
Nov 14, 2018
Hi,

I Received reference letter from an employer where I have worked as a part time employee (25 hours per week) but in the letter they have written "full time position for approximately 40 hours" and they have not mentioned wage rate as well. I tried contacting them to correct these mistakes but they are not replying. So what should I do in this case?

I have all the paystubs and ROE and I am submitting my application based on the data of Paystub and ROE (Part time - 25 hours per week). but I don't know what should I do with incorrect reference letter, should I submit the incorrect Reference letter?

apprajapati

Star Member
Dec 19, 2017
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
08-08-2020
Don't submit anything incorrect. Send a webform explaining your honest mistake, however, it is difficult to imagine that you didn't see that kinda details when taking reference letter from your employer. Regardless, explain using webform and attach anything to help your argument stronger and valid. ( Assuming that you have submitted your application, if you haven't, then submit the same letter with Letter of Explanation with all necessary document to prove your work, it should be fine)

miraldhrafani

Star Member
Nov 14, 2018
Don't submit anything incorrect. Send a webform explaining your honest mistake, however, it is difficult to imagine that you didn't see that kinda details when taking reference letter from your employer. Regardless, explain using webform and attach anything to help your argument stronger and valid.
Hi Have already noticed when I received and I am requesting them to provide correct reference letter since then, but they are not at all replying to any of my mails

apprajapati

Star Member
Dec 19, 2017
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
08-08-2020
Hi Have already noticed when I received and I am requesting them to provide correct reference letter since then, but they are not at all replying to any of my mails
updated my answer, if you haven't submitted application, then you should just add LOE with all necessary documents while submitting your application.