27-07-2017
Passport Req..
12-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
24-09-2018
LANDED..........
26-09-2018
Hello everyone,

So l got P.R. cards for me and my wife in November 2018. My P.R. card is perfect but problem is with my wife’s P.R. card. On her card they made mistake with her last name, instead of ‘A’ they put ‘O’. We already applied her new card which l don’t know how long will take to arrive.
Now my question is that she has to travel outside Canada for a family emergency in January and if she doesn’t get her new card with correct surname, would she be able to enter Canada again with old P.R. card? She still have the old card with surname mistake!
Can anyone give their suggestions on this situation, please? Thanks in advance

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello everyone,

So l got P.R. cards for me and my wife in November 2018. My P.R. card is perfect but problem is with my wife’s P.R. card. On her card they made mistake with her last name, instead of ‘A’ they put ‘O’. We already applied her new card which l don’t know how long will take to arrive.
Now my question is that she has to travel outside Canada for a family emergency in January and if she doesn’t get her new card with correct surname, would she be able to enter Canada again with old P.R. card? She still have the old card with surname mistake!
Can anyone give their suggestions on this situation, please? Thanks in advance
Hi

It is very possible that the one letter difference wouldn't be noticed but technically, as it doesn't match, the airline should refuse boarding if they notice it.

When did you submit the request for the new card? Mistakes by IRCC are supposed to be processed on an urgent basis, so if it has been more than 3-4 weeks, start calling and send an urgent Webform. You can also contact your MP to inquire on your behalf.

Alberta Semi Skilled

Jun 28, 2015
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
27-07-2017
Passport Req..
12-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
24-09-2018
LANDED..........
26-09-2018
Hi

It is very possible that the one letter difference wouldn't be noticed but technically, as it doesn't match, the airline should refuse boarding if they notice it.

When did you submit the request for the new card? Mistakes by IRCC are supposed to be processed on an urgent basis, so if it has been more than 3-4 weeks, start calling and send an urgent Webform. You can also contact your MP to inquire on your behalf.
We submitted it in early December and l think will call them but they might be closed bcoz of holidays