22-03-2016
AOR Received.
04-11-2015
Med's Done....
27-10-2015
Passport Req..
04-05-2016
Hi Everyone,

This forum has always been a great help for me from Day 01. I just want to ask everyone to help me decide which province to move from their experience.

Profession- Accountant
My Qualification- ACCA Member, CPA Canada Member
Work Experience- 4 years of working in Accounting and Finance sector in Bangladesh + 6 months in Qatar

Can anyone suggest me which province has the most accounting jobs?

We are a family of two people.

Can anyone suggest which city & province will be suitable for us to find accounting jobs? and favorable cost of living?

I would really appreciate any feedback from you guys.

Thanks!

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
wifiwifey said:
Hi Everyone,

This forum has always been a great help for me from Day 01. I just want to ask everyone to help me decide which province to move from their experience.

Profession- Accountant
My Qualification- ACCA Member, CPA Canada Member
Work Experience- 4 years of working in Accounting and Finance sector in Bangladesh + 6 months in Qatar

Can anyone suggest me which province has the most accounting jobs?

We are a family of two people.

Can anyone suggest which city & province will be suitable for us to find accounting jobs? and favorable cost of living?

I would really appreciate any feedback from you guys.

Thanks!
As said, if your experience is not Canadian then it is irrelevant. Mississusaga has more jobs, but also more competition.

wifiwifey

Star Member
Jul 13, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2015
Doc's Request.
22-03-2016
AOR Received.
04-11-2015
Med's Done....
27-10-2015
Passport Req..
04-05-2016
I have a Canadian Degree... I have passed Canadian Tax and Law examination and was granted admission to CPA Canada as a member. CPA Canada (Chartered Professional Accountants of Canada)...Paying them close to CAD 1000 per annum for the last two years. Doesn't that help?

Secondly, I have worked in a Fortune 100 Companies... ACCENTURE... The experience you get working in Accenture (in any country) is way greater than "having a Canadian experience" ... Don't tell me Canadian Local Companies are so fool of themselves that they won't even recognize my experience working in a multinational company like Accenture ....

I sense a very tough time in the near future...

Jalex23 said:
As said, if your experience is not Canadian then it is irrelevant. Mississusaga has more jobs, but also more competition.

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
wifiwifey said:
Secondly, I have worked in a Fortune 100 Companies... ACCENTURE... The experience you get working in Accenture (in any country) is way greater than "having a Canadian experience" ... Don't tell me Canadian Local Companies are so fool of themselves that they won't even recognize my experience working in a multinational company like Accenture ....
Depends which Accenture.

Companies like Accenture, Deloitte, PwC have managed to build poor reputation due to their offshore centers which are known to be cheap labor with bad quality on their work.

So, if you were from Accenture USA then that is good in your resume and most likely will be recognized. If you were from Accenture Phillippines your experience will at most be challenged.

wifiwifey

Star Member
Jul 13, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2015
Doc's Request.
22-03-2016
AOR Received.
04-11-2015
Med's Done....
27-10-2015
Passport Req..
04-05-2016
Thank you for the heads up!

Jalex23 said:
Depends which Accenture.

Companies like Accenture, Deloitte, PwC have managed to build poor reputation due to their offshore centers which are known to be cheap labor with bad quality on their work.

So, if you were from Accenture USA then that is good in your resume and most likely will be recognized. If you were from Accenture Phillippines your experience will at most be challenged.

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
wifiwifey said:
I have a Canadian Degree... I have passed Canadian Tax and Law examination and was granted admission to CPA Canada as a member. CPA Canada (Chartered Professional Accountants of Canada)...Paying them close to CAD 1000 per annum for the last two years. Doesn't that help?

Your Canadian CPA degree will greatly assist you in finding a job in either Mississauga or Winnipeg. As someone mentioned earlier, there are definitely more opportunities for accountants in the GTA, but competition is also significantly higher.

As for international experience, this is always a touchy subject for new immigrants. Having worked at global organizations (both consulting related and in industry having hired consultants) in North America and in Asia, I can tell you that the standards are not uniform across geographies, and the quality of work varies greatly. As a result, don't expect your experience to carry the same weight here that it did in the Middle East, for example. That said, the fact that you have been trained in Accenture will help you find a job here, but you may not be able to join at the same level that you were previously at.

Tishfaith

Sep 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Nov 4
atush said:
You must be an idiot not to realize that your experience means nothing here. Take it and go.

CPA? Lol, almost everyone has CPA here..no big deal.

We don't need to be so harsh with each other.

Wifiwifey all the best.....i hope you get a good job in your field despite the odds

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
atush said:
You must be an idiot not to realize that your experience means nothing here. Take it and go.

Not to be harsh, but are you sure you are qualified to be giving career advice on these forums given that you have yet to work in Canada?

wifiwifey

Star Member
Jul 13, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2015
Doc's Request.
22-03-2016
AOR Received.
04-11-2015
Med's Done....
27-10-2015
Passport Req..
04-05-2016
Seriously, everyone has a CPA there? That's how cheap Canadian degrees are? In that case, I am extremely proud to be an British Chartered Certified Accountant because only the deserving ones can get this degree. Could I possibly ask what is your degree? It's gotta be a very unique one, after all you are not an idiot! A degree which no-one have ever heard of. I'm sure with that type of behavior you won't ever find a job in Canada, Atush!

atush said:

wifiwifey

Star Member
Jul 13, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2015
Doc's Request.
22-03-2016
AOR Received.
04-11-2015
Med's Done....
27-10-2015
Passport Req..
04-05-2016
Thanks alot Tishfaith and Torontosm... I am trying to gather as much information as possible and make my move.. Some people are just very mean!....

Tishfaith said:
We don't need to be so harsh with each other.

Wifiwifey all the best.....i hope you get a good job in your field despite the odds
torontosm said:
Your Canadian CPA degree will greatly assist you in finding a job in either Mississauga or Winnipeg. As someone mentioned earlier, there are definitely more opportunities for accountants in the GTA, but competition is also significantly higher.

As for international experience, this is always a touchy subject for new immigrants. Having worked at global organizations (both consulting related and in industry having hired consultants) in North America and in Asia, I can tell you that the standards are not uniform across geographies, and the quality of work varies greatly. As a result, don't expect your experience to carry the same weight here that it did in the Middle East, for example. That said, the fact that you have been trained in Accenture will help you find a job here, but you may not be able to join at the same level that you were previously at.

Tishfaith

Sep 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Nov 4
wifiwifey said:
Thanks alot Tishfaith and Torontosm... I am trying to gather as much information as possible and make my move.. Some people are just very mean!....
Let's know which province you choose.

All the best.....things will workout.