+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mississauga

toto999

Jan 4, 2013
Hi all,

i applied for the citizenship on October 29 2012 , and just received the acknowledge letter with the study quid. i know i should wait for more time to receive another letter , my quistion is any one here from Mississauga applied after june or July 2012, i want to know the current time line for Mississauga office and how long it will take. i left Canada for a vacation only for 3 days during the past 3 years.

please help.

edmonton2011

Star Member
Dec 7, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You have a few more months before you will receive anything from CIC. :)
Right now CIC Missidauga is scheduling tests for those who applied around October 2011. If you are lucky and do not receive an RQ than you have about one more year to relax. If you are not so lucky and receive an RQ, you still have almost one year before hearing anything from CIC. CIC Missisauga has been sending out RQ forms for those who applied around November 2011.

toto999

Jan 4, 2013
oh my God :-\

so i have to wait one year at least to do the test ???????? :'(

shall i start reading the quid from now to be prepared in case they contact me earlier?

edmonton2011

Star Member
Dec 7, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
toto999 said:
shall i start reading the quid from now to be prepared in case they contact me earlier?
It won't hurt. By the time you will be called for the test you will know the book by heart. :)

toto999

Jan 4, 2013
edmonton2011

thanks a lot for your information, so i have no choice now just to wait.

but According to the link you sent me it seems Mississauga is not that bad , right?

edmonton2011

Star Member
Dec 7, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mississauga is still one of the fastest offices. But unfortunately things can change quickly. It is very hard to predict when you will be called for the test.
1 year ago my local office was as fast as Mississauga if not faster, right now it is one of the slowest offices ... :(
Good luck!

toto999

Jan 4, 2013
Thank you,

by the way, if the person came to Canada as a refugee and got the PRC, and now will apply for Citizenship. will it take longer time than others?

Cool_5

Star Member
Jun 9, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey toto999,

I have applied on Oct 1 2012 as well, my status is recently changed to In process, can you tell me what is the status of your application?

Also, anyone on the forum can guide me as what will be next steps and how much time it will take to get the test date. I live in Mississauga.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cool_5 said:
Hey toto999,

I have applied on Oct 1 2012 as well, my status is recently changed to In process, can you tell me what is the status of your application?

Also, anyone on the forum can guide me as what will be next steps and how much time it will take to get the test date. I live in Mississauga.
I applied on sep 20 and my e-case changed to in process few days ago. Does it say in your e-case when they started processing your application ?

Mine is Feb, 5, 2013

Cool_5

Star Member
Jun 9, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I applied on Oct1st 2012, that is my application submission date. My ecase shows In process from 6 Feb. what is your inprocess date?

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cool_5 said:
I applied on Oct1st 2012, that is my application submission date. My ecase shows In process from 6 Feb. what is your inprocess date?
As per the e-case:

It says they started processing on Feb, 5, 2013.

The e-case changed from received to In Process last Friday.

toto999

Jan 4, 2013
hi guys,

finally this is my update :

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 29, 2012.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on October 29, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on February 13, 2013.

hope it will not take long time to transfer my application to Mississauga.

do you have any idea approximatly how long it takes until receiving the test invitation after starting the process?

Abahoni

Star Member
Sep 13, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
toto999 said:
hi guys,

finally this is my update :

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 29, 2012.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on October 29, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on February 13, 2013.

hope it will not take long time to transfer my application to Mississauga.

Hi, my application also started processing February 13, 2012, got the letter to write the test in December 2012 in Scarborough. If you do not get RQ it will be faster, if you get RQ you may need to add extra time to write the test..Best of luck.

do you have any idea approximatly how long it takes until receiving the test invitation after starting the process?