+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**MISSISSAUGA PROCESSING** - Outland Spousal Applicants

shirleyfeng1985

Star Member
Apr 9, 2017
When we submitted our application we didn't have any documents to evidence our intention to move back to Canada so my husband wrote a note stating what the plan was. We knew this wouldn't be sufficient but thought since my husband would be back in Canada in May that he could then provide more evidence. So we have since submitted a bank statement showing our Canadian Bank Account with our Canadian address, Copy of his Ontario Driving Licence, and application for OHIP. We hadn't brought our house at that point otherwise we would've included that too! We haven't heard back from IRCC to find out if these are enough - on my online application it just states that they have received the additional documents.

I'd say that it sounds like your documents should be enough - can't be any more sure you're going to reside back in Canada that a property purchase! Good luck!
Thank you so much! My background check has been showing "IN PROCESS" for about 6 weeks. I haven't heard anything from IRCC yet.
Hope they won't request more evidence!
Good luck to you too!

ursus

Star Member
Mar 6, 2018
UK
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
16-02-2018
AOR Received.
29-03-2018
File Transfer...
26-04-2018
Med's Request
05-04-2018
Med's Done....
25-04-2018
Passport Req..
17-08-2018
I noticed that you two were requested to provide more evidence of intention to move to Canada.
May I ask what you submitted with your application in the beginning and what else you provided later?
I submitted my bank account statement, invitation letter from my mother in law, daycare inquiry email, offer letter for property purchase.
Are these enough?
Thanks in advance!
Sure, we submitted:

* Screengrabs of instant messaging conversations between the PA and the sponsor where moving was mentioned, e.g. looking at rental listings
* Emails from sponsor to her friends back in Canada telling them she's moving back
* A government job bank profile for the sponsor
* Emails to shipping companies by the sponsor looking for quotes on moving her stuff back to Canada
* Emails to a pet moving company about moving our cats to Canada, alongside ownership documentation for the cats in her name
* Emails to sponsor's family about moving back, including emails from the sponsor herself and also from her parents to other relatives where they talk about the move

A few weeks before we received the request for further proof, we had actually decided to take a gamble and plan to move in October despite not being sure I'd have COPR by then. This was possible because I'm lucky enough to be from a visa exempt country so could go as a visitor under dual intent. Because of this we were also able to submit evidence of booking a short term rental for our first month back in Canada. But I don't think this was necessary in addition to the above to prove intent. Also, some of the above was done after the request for proof, and some was done beforehand.

We also included a letter outlining the 'narrative' of the evidence above, and explaining why some things weren't there, such as:

* Explaining we are not in the position to buy a house because we can't afford it and there's not much point contacting rental agencies until you have a firm moving date that's within a month or two
* We don't have financial assets etc to move so have limited proof of financial planning for sponsor returning
* It's difficult for the sponsor to look for a job without knowing a firm moving date and it being relatively soon, so preparation on that front was limited to having a speculative job bank profile

We were initially concerned we didn't have the type proof the letter suggests you provide ("
Please provide proof that your sponsor intends to reside in Canada when you become a permanent resident.
This includes but is not limited to copies of correspondence with: potential employers, real estate companies, property rental agencies, health care agencies, insurance agencies, financial institutions, etc.")
but clearly given our example there's plenty other acceptable proof you can provide even if you don't have most of those things.

My strong advice would be a) not to panic about it and b) just spend time creating a paper trail of moving preparations, no matter how informal, that you could submit evidence of if you are asked to. As I said above, some of the proof we provided was actually created after we received the request (and I've seen other people on here only submit proof created after receiving the request), so it's not a huge problem if you get the request Indeed, we mentioned in our narrative letter that we were taking the request for further proof as an indication that our application was approaching the final stages and that it was a sign to begin to prepare more seriously for the move, so that's why some bits of proof were dated after the request. But it will also be much easier to comply with and satisfy them if you do get it if you've already been creating that paper trail where you can.

Dorina D

Star Member
Mar 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney/Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2016
AOR Received.
21-02-2017
Med's Done....
Upfront,submitted on 23-03-2017
Hello,
I send the application for sponsorship of my husband in Mississauga and the file was returned back. Do you know please if the fee of 1040 $ is still valid to re-apply?
They returned the file without processing it because seems it need to be send to Sydney Nova Scotia .
Thank you

mrs_december

Star Member
Jun 10, 2017
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
03-05-2018
AOR Received.
09-06-2018
File Transfer...
26-06-2018
Med's Request
18-06-2018
Med's Done....
06-07-2018
Passport Req..
22-08-2018
VISA ISSUED...
29-08-2018
LANDED..........
02-09-2018
Hello,
I send the application for sponsorship of my husband in Mississauga and the file was returned back. Do you know please if the fee of 1040 $ is still valid to re-apply?
They returned the file without processing it because seems it need to be send to Sydney Nova Scotia .
Thank you
Yes it is still valid. Just resubmit the application with the same receipts to CPC Sydney.

shirleyfeng1985

Star Member
Apr 9, 2017
Sure, we submitted:

* Screengrabs of instant messaging conversations between the PA and the sponsor where moving was mentioned, e.g. looking at rental listings
* Emails from sponsor to her friends back in Canada telling them she's moving back
* A government job bank profile for the sponsor
* Emails to shipping companies by the sponsor looking for quotes on moving her stuff back to Canada
* Emails to a pet moving company about moving our cats to Canada, alongside ownership documentation for the cats in her name
* Emails to sponsor's family about moving back, including emails from the sponsor herself and also from her parents to other relatives where they talk about the move

A few weeks before we received the request for further proof, we had actually decided to take a gamble and plan to move in October despite not being sure I'd have COPR by then. This was possible because I'm lucky enough to be from a visa exempt country so could go as a visitor under dual intent. Because of this we were also able to submit evidence of booking a short term rental for our first month back in Canada. But I don't think this was necessary in addition to the above to prove intent. Also, some of the above was done after the request for proof, and some was done beforehand.

We also included a letter outlining the 'narrative' of the evidence above, and explaining why some things weren't there, such as:

* Explaining we are not in the position to buy a house because we can't afford it and there's not much point contacting rental agencies until you have a firm moving date that's within a month or two
* We don't have financial assets etc to move so have limited proof of financial planning for sponsor returning
* It's difficult for the sponsor to look for a job without knowing a firm moving date and it being relatively soon, so preparation on that front was limited to having a speculative job bank profile

We were initially concerned we didn't have the type proof the letter suggests you provide ("
Please provide proof that your sponsor intends to reside in Canada when you become a permanent resident.
This includes but is not limited to copies of correspondence with: potential employers, real estate companies, property rental agencies, health care agencies, insurance agencies, financial institutions, etc.")
but clearly given our example there's plenty other acceptable proof you can provide even if you don't have most of those things.

My strong advice would be a) not to panic about it and b) just spend time creating a paper trail of moving preparations, no matter how informal, that you could submit evidence of if you are asked to. As I said above, some of the proof we provided was actually created after we received the request (and I've seen other people on here only submit proof created after receiving the request), so it's not a huge problem if you get the request Indeed, we mentioned in our narrative letter that we were taking the request for further proof as an indication that our application was approaching the final stages and that it was a sign to begin to prepare more seriously for the move, so that's why some bits of proof were dated after the request. But it will also be much easier to comply with and satisfy them if you do get it if you've already been creating that paper trail where you can.
I appreciate your detailed reply. Very informative and helpful!
Congratulations on your PPR!

waiting10yrs

Star Member
Feb 26, 2018
Great to see so many getting PPR! My application is being processed in Mississauga but no updates since 4th July when they requested further documents to evidence my sponsor's intention to reside in Canada (uploaded day after). Looks like not all cases being processed in Mississauga are moving quickly. The wait continues...
When we submitted our application we didn't have any documents to evidence our intention to move back to Canada so my husband wrote a note stating what the plan was. We knew this wouldn't be sufficient but thought since my husband would be back in Canada in May that he could then provide more evidence. So we have since submitted a bank statement showing our Canadian Bank Account with our Canadian address, Copy of his Ontario Driving Licence, and application for OHIP. We hadn't brought our house at that point otherwise we would've included that too! We haven't heard back from IRCC to find out if these are enough - on my online application it just states that they have received the additional documents.

I'd say that it sounds like your documents should be enough - can't be any more sure you're going to reside back in Canada that a property purchase! Good luck!
We are in a similar situation. On July 3rd they asked us for addition documents. To pay the right to permanent residence fee ($490) and to get a PCC (rcmp check) from Canada as I have been here 8 months visiting. We uploaded 10 days after they were requested on GcKey and through the webform because thats how long it took to get the PCC. We haven't heard back from IRCC either. The online application says "additional documents uploaded" but when we call and get the automated update it says the same as yours, "we have received the additional documents".

Application received March 14th.

Ann31

Star Member
Aug 22, 2018
Hello,
Thank you
Hi, i just want to ask when did you submit your application? I sent mine also to Mississauga june 17 but no reply yet. Thanks

Snowman1308

Star Member
Oct 30, 2017
Soooo
after my PPR I had two options, submit my documents to CPC Ottawa or to Rome VO. I was very prone to go through Ottawa because I know they are fast, but I will leave Canada in a week and next time I will need the COPR to land. I opted for Rome VO.
Since I didn't trust the postal services I forwarded the documents to my mother and sent her to the VO. I'm visa exempt so a copy of the passport was requested, not the original. When she gets there and tries to drop off the documents the lady at the desk tells her a copy is not good and they need the original. Mom calls me and tells me that, so I ask to talk to the lady, an embassy employee that needs an explanation about the difference between visa-exempt and visa-required countries. She didn't sound convinced but said if I'm happy to submit a photocopy than it's none of her business (???). I was a little bit unsettled by that so I sent an email to the visa office after in order to get some more info and they said the COPR will take up to ten days to be ready.

Bottom line personal advice: when you will have your PPR send it to CPC Ottawa even if you are not in country, have it sent back to somebody trusted in Canada than flagpole or book a landing interview once you are in country because dealing with VO is disgusting!

Reactions: RR1980

RR1980

Mar 29, 2018
We are in a similar situation. On July 3rd they asked us for addition documents. To pay the right to permanent residence fee ($490) and to get a PCC (rcmp check) from Canada as I have been here 8 months visiting. We uploaded 10 days after they were requested on GcKey and through the webform because thats how long it took to get the PCC. We haven't heard back from IRCC either. The online application says "additional documents uploaded" but when we call and get the automated update it says the same as yours, "we have received the additional documents".

Application received March 14th.
It's so frustrating, isn't it? I understand that these applications take time but would be nice to know the documents are sufficient!

Fingers crossed we have some further movement soon!

May 20, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
14-06-2018
AOR Received.
30-07-2018
File Transfer...
29-08-2018
Med's Request
20-08-2018
Med's Done....
05-09-2018
Passport Req..
15-10-2018
App received June 14 (CPC Sydney)
Linked to GCKey July 26
Started processing July 25
AOR July 30
DM on sponsor’s ecas/bgc started August 3
SA August 17
Medical request August 21
Transfer email to Mississauga August 29

PA is an international student in Canada from a visa requiring country

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2018
England
This is getting so annoying

We are still waiting for my partner to be approve for sponsor,

They received our app jan 15th

My partner has had many of conversation with then as we keep being sent the same request even tho they have received and they have confirmed they have got it , they keep saying there noting delaying it and that it should clear through any day now but that was 2 weeks ago we were told back in June they were working 2-3 months behind but we would have a answer end of July well that never happened, I’m loosing all hope there not telling us anything

Is anyone from jan still waiting ?

Dr2725

May 24, 2018
Hello,
Spousal visa June 2018
I have recently received status update from Immigration department stated as below.

"This message is being sent to confirm that the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s)
has been forwarded to the visa office in CPC Mississauga for further processing."

So far - AOR1 and Medical cleared

I have sent my application to Sydney - Nova scotia initially and received this update. can anyone tell me what is my exact status if you have any idea.

ursus

Star Member
Mar 6, 2018
UK
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
16-02-2018
AOR Received.
29-03-2018
File Transfer...
26-04-2018
Med's Request
05-04-2018
Med's Done....
25-04-2018
Passport Req..
17-08-2018
Hello,
Spousal visa June 2018
I have recently received status update from Immigration department stated as below.

"This message is being sent to confirm that the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s)
has been forwarded to the visa office in CPC Mississauga for further processing."

So far - AOR1 and Medical cleared

I have sent my application to Sydney - Nova scotia initially and received this update. can anyone tell me what is my exact status if you have any idea.
Sounds like the remainder of your application will be processed at CPC Mississauga rather than being sent to your local visa office. My sponsor also received this email and it was in effect our AOR2 (as we received nothing further for 2+ months). It is usually an indication they view the application as non-complex and Mississauga is usually quicker than local visa offices. However, there is no guarantee that it will be quicker and applications can be forwarded on from Mississauga to a local visa office later down the line in some cases.

Is thie principal applicant from a visa exempt country? Have a look at my timeline in my signature for an example of a recent visa exempt application processed at Mississauga.

Dr2725

May 24, 2018
Sounds like the remainder of your application will be processed at CPC Mississauga rather than being sent to your local visa office. My sponsor also received this email and it was in effect our AOR2 (as we received nothing further for 2+ months). It is usually an indication they view the application as non-complex and Mississauga is usually quicker than local visa offices. However, there is no guarantee that it will be quicker and applications can be forwarded on from Mississauga to a local visa office later down the line in some cases.

Is thie principal applicant from a visa exempt country? Have a look at my timeline in my signature for an example of a recent visa exempt application processed at Mississauga.
Hello sir,
I am from india basically but i was in US for 3 years for my Master’s degree education.

ursus

Star Member
Mar 6, 2018
UK
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
16-02-2018
AOR Received.
29-03-2018
File Transfer...
26-04-2018
Med's Request
05-04-2018
Med's Done....
25-04-2018
Passport Req..
17-08-2018
Hello sir,
I am from india basically but i was in US for 3 years for my Master’s degree education.
I'm not sure what the timelines look like for Indian nationals at Mississauga and how often they still end up getting sent on again to the New Delhi VO but I'm sure others here have an idea. Hopefully it is good news for you that it is at CPC-M, but never assume anything will be quick as many people unfortunately have to wait the full 12 months!