+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**MISSISSAUGA PROCESSING** - Outland Spousal Applicants

TenzinP

Star Member
Nov 24, 2017
When did you apply? I have seen others go quicker, thought Ours was straight forward as I'm canadian and my kids have citizenship was only getting hubby in, but finally all done
I applied in October.. Currently my file in in local vo.. My husband is pr holder. So basically me and my toddler waiting for the ppr

betterthanyoko

Star Member
Jul 31, 2017
Ireland
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
31-07-2017
We have just received COPR today in post, but just noticed they haven't put my full surname on as I'm double barrelled! I'm the sponsor, has anyone else had this issue and will it cause problems when landing?
Thanks
id guess that it should be ok as your name is on your passport and it should be obvious...also at this point its his COPR not yours. maybe give them a ring first thing monday?
the COPR is only to for the first landing into Canada..from there he will have to get his PR card so hopefully the surname mishap wont matter much.
keep us posted!
still waiting for ours to be returned...they received it February 8th and we are in Ireland...hoping to have it soon!

Twinny

Star Member
May 7, 2015
id guess that it should be ok as your name is on your passport and it should be obvious...also at this point its his COPR not yours. maybe give them a ring first thing monday?
the COPR is only to for the first landing into Canada..from there he will have to get his PR card so hopefully the surname mishap wont matter much.
keep us posted!
still waiting for ours to be returned...they received it February 8th and we are in Ireland...hoping to have it soon!
Thank you for your reply, I'm going to try and ring London Monday but I'm beginning to not worry too much now! Hopefully nothing causes a delay; so now the fun begins of packing and figuring where to go! Good luck hope yours comes through soon

rahuldokwal

May 31, 2016
Dear All,
I have a question regarding the Spouse Sponsorship:

I am an Indian Citizen and currently in Canada - Toronto from last October and got my PR. I am planning to go to India and get married then file the application. OR is it better to call my spouse here in Canada and get married in Canada and then file the application. Currently she is working in USA and I don't want her to loose the job.

If she comes in Canada on Visitor VISA and get married here does it mean that she cannot go back to USA or India and continue her job?

If we married outside Canada (may be in USA, if I travel to USA) then she can continue her work there and I can continue my work in Canada until she got her PR in Canada. Is it possible?

Where I can get complete information of all the documents.

Thanks for your effort in advance.

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
Does anyone have an email address for the Mississauga office?
There is no email as far as anyone can tell. Web form only

ninahaddad

Nov 6, 2017
USA
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
10/06/2017
Holy Crackers!! Just logged into ECAS and says decision made!

When it rains, it pours.

Well @Miraclejj I guess you were right after all! I was next in line :)
So when we login, the first line is "we are processinf your application". The second line is "We are reviewing your eligibility" (?what is that about?). Then "Medical passed"... No fingerprints needed, no interview needed... Then "we have not started processing your BGCheck, we will email you when we do". Our application was received Oct 6. Is it too early to request notes? (And how do I do that?) And what is the Eligibility Requirement about? I am Canadian, my SA was approved way back, both our kids are Canadians, my hubby is American. Thanks for your input :)

NorthwardCA

Star Member
Oct 31, 2017
So when we login, the first line is "we are processinf your application". The second line is "We are reviewing your eligibility" (?what is that about?). Then "Medical passed"... No fingerprints needed, no interview needed... Then "we have not started processing your BGCheck, we will email you when we do". Our application was received Oct 6. Is it too early to request notes? (And how do I do that?) And what is the Eligibility Requirement about? I am Canadian, my SA was approved way back, both our kids are Canadians, my hubby is American. Thanks for your input :)
  • That's all normal stuff. Reviewing eligibility just means they're reviewing the application.
  • Based on an Oct 6 Application Received, it's probably too soon to expect Decision made, or for that matter Background Check in Progress. Give it a few weeks. It helps to look at what's happening with other folks in October. Some folks seem to progress in batches.
  • You can certainly ask for GCMS notes. Based on seeing other Sept applicants having things happen at the same time, I think @Miraclejj is right in his/her response and my GCMS request had nothing to do with the timing.
  • The status doesn't have to do with the status of the Sponsor, it's the status of the applicant. Your elligibility was approved when you became SA. Now they're evaluating the Applicant's information, that is, your husband's info.
Good luck!

Reactions: ninahaddad

betterthanyoko

Star Member
Jul 31, 2017
Ireland
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
31-07-2017
Thank you for your reply, I'm going to try and ring London Monday but I'm beginning to not worry too much now! Hopefully nothing causes a delay; so now the fun begins of packing and figuring where to go! Good luck hope yours comes through soon
hi Twinny,

i received the COPR today. can i ask if you received two copies of the same document? in the letter accompanying the COPR did it list two separately numbered documents that were being sent? IMM5688 & another IMM form i forget the number which may be refered to as a foil?...also, did your COPR have "NOT VALID FOR TRAVEL" across them?

thank you...we only received two copies of the IMM5688 form (one IRCC copy and one Client copy) and its got the not valid for travel across it in block printer lettering. just checking if this is normal :)

BlueSkiesHere

Star Member
Jan 18, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
16-07-2017
AOR Received.
20-08-2017
Med's Done....
17-09-2017
Passport Req..
04-02-2018
LANDED..........
25-02-2018
hi Twinny,

i received the COPR today. can i ask if you received two copies of the same document? in the letter accompanying the COPR did it list two separately numbered documents that were being sent? IMM5688 & another IMM form i forget the number which may be refered to as a foil?...also, did your COPR have "NOT VALID FOR TRAVEL" across them?

thank you...we only received two copies of the IMM5688 form (one IRCC copy and one Client copy) and its got the not valid for travel across it in block printer lettering. just checking if this is normal :)
I got 2 of the same document, one with my picture attached.
They say "not valid for travel" on them too.

Reactions: betterthanyoko