27-12-2016
AOR Received.
30-12-2016
File Transfer...
07-04-2017
Passport Req..
24-10-2017
Hi guys, update here!

I just received my PPR this morning less than an hour ago. I tried what a couple other people did and emailed Ottawa yesterday to ask about my application and in less than 24 hours I received my PPR from Ottawa despite my case saying it would be processed in Mississauga in my AOR3 I received on Oct 13.

I hope you all receive this good news soon too! One of the officers I spoke with recently said that most cases stuck in DM in Mississauga are most likely getting approved and that they heard it's just backlogged straightforward cases - which is of course what a lot of us have speculated. :)

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
After receiving the email saying your app will be processed in Mississauga, how long is everyone waiting for the background check to start?
I think some earlier applicants did not see their BG check switch until the same day they got DM

elenama

Star Member
Nov 8, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
26-04-2017
A little update for us as well! We were in the first bunch of people who received the Mississauga processing email in the end of August.
Background check changed to in process today. God I hope that means a DM soon.
ECAS still says "application received"

Masonb6888

Jan 9, 2016
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
Feb .06. 2017
Doc's Request.
Oct 10, 13. (Updated PCC, and StatDeca Common-law)
AOR Received.
Feb .23. 2017
File Transfer...
OB570 Stream (stayed in Mississauga)/ Oct 30. 2017 (BGC in progress)
Med's Request
Passed: Mar.3.2017
Med's Done....
Oct. 28. 2016
Passport Req..
Nov. 01. 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 22. 2017
LANDED..........
Nov. 24. 2017
A little update for us as well! We were in the first bunch of people who received the Mississauga processing email in the end of August.
Same boat as you with ecas vs. GCkeys.
Hoping for DM soon too!
** BGC showed in progress early October.

Reactions: elenama

elenama

Star Member
Nov 8, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
26-04-2017
Same boat as you with ecas vs. GCkeys.
Hoping for DM soon too!
** BGC showed in progress early October.
I think I'm subscribed to the same threads as you, so I've been following your struggles. Best of luck!
Hopefully all of this will be over soon.

Dougmeadows

Mar 26, 2017
What is your time line?

tholudee

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
Nigeria
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
11-10-2017
Hi guys, update here!

I just received my PPR this morning less than an hour ago. I tried what a couple other people did and emailed Ottawa yesterday to ask about my application and in less than 24 hours I received my PPR from Ottawa despite my case saying it would be processed in Mississauga in my AOR3 I received on Oct 13.

I hope you all receive this good news soon too! One of the officers I spoke with recently said that most cases stuck in DM in Mississauga are most likely getting approved and that they heard it's just backlogged straightforward cases - which is of course what a lot of us have speculated. :)
Congrats on ur PPR, such a long wait. so if your app is processed in Mississauga, does that mean its straightforward case? and a good thing?

nightbaby

Star Member
May 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2017
AOR Received.
31-03-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-10-2016
Our flow is a little different. Bkgnd check went in process last Thursday and then we received the Mississauga email the day after. No idea how long to DM now

bafonso

Jan 21, 2017
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Hi guys, update here!

Doesn't seem like you were being processed in Mississauga or they would have replied to your email saying your file was not at Ottawa.

bafonso

Jan 21, 2017
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Decision made today!!!!! A day after background check changed to in process.
Oh my dear god
Congratulations! The exact same thing happened to me and others so we have at least that weird pattern happening ;) I think they start background but don't update myCIC or it really only takes them a day for straightforward cases..

elenama

Star Member
Nov 8, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
26-04-2017
Congratulations! The exact same thing happened to me and others so we have at least that weird pattern happening ;) I think they start background but don't update myCIC or it really only takes them a day for straightforward cases..
Thank you!
Fingers crossed that they fix that horrible PPR backlog now :)

canadiantica15

Sep 14, 2016
Visa Office......
Mississauga/Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-04-2017
AOR Received.
01-05-2017
File Transfer...
24-05-2017
Med's Request
06-06-2017
Med's Done....
28-06-2017
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
08-11-2017
LANDED..........
15-12-2017
My partner finally received the PPR last night after waiting since Sept 1st DM!! The requested documents are going to the New York visa office instead of Ottawa. Looks like they're finally starting to work on files, wishing speedy processing for everyone still waiting :)

jptskt

Apr 4, 2017
Category........
FAM
My partner finally received the PPR last night after waiting since Sept 1st DM!! The requested documents are going to the New York visa office instead of Ottawa. Looks like they're finally starting to work on files, wishing speedy processing for everyone still waiting :)
Congrats! Do you mean they asked you to send your passport to the New York visa office instead of Ottawa? Little confused.